Dreams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'll give you freaks a little assistance here with your dreaming. I discovered something years ago that turned my dreaming into a sport,,, it is truly an amazing experience.

I quit smoking 5 years ago. When I did smoke, I never smoked around my parents. So whenever I visited (they live in another state) I would slap on nicotine patches instead of smoking. You are supposed to take these patches off before you go to sleep... well, I failed to do so one night and it resulted in dreaming like I have never dreamed in my entire life. I can't begin to describe the vividness and extreme detail these dreams had. The best part is that I could actually control every aspect of the dreams... so it turned into a wonderland of (well, I'll leave that to your imaginations). It was like sport... I controlled everything in the dreams and I mean I could do anything and it was entertainment beyond belief. I could even wake up from the dream and then fall back asleep and resume the dream where ever it left off.

It got to the point were I would purposely put on a nic patch before bed sometimes. I highly recommend it. I don't do it anymore because nicotine is the devil and I won't ever touch that shit again,,, but for those of you who may still be dancing with the devil,,, you may want to try a little Sport-Dreaming before you kick the habit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll give you freaks a little assistance here with your dreaming. I discovered something years ago that turned my dreaming into a sport,,, it is truly an amazing experience.

I quit smoking 5 years ago. When I did smoke, I never smoked around my parents. So whenever I visited (they live in another state) I would slap on nicotine patches instead of smoking. You are supposed to take these patches off before you go to sleep... well, I failed to do so one night and it resulted in dreaming like I have never dreamed in my entire life. I can't begin to describe the vividness and extreme detail these dreams had. The best part is that I could actually control every aspect of the dreams... so it turned into a wonderland of (well, I'll leave that to your imaginations). It was like sport... I controlled everything in the dreams and I mean I could do anything and it was entertainment beyond belief. I could even wake up from the dream and then fall back asleep and resume the dream where ever it left off.

It got to the point were I would purposely put on a nic patch before bed sometimes. I highly recommend it. I don't do it anymore because nicotine is the devil and I won't ever touch that shyte again,,, but for those of you who may still be dancing with the devil,,, you may want to try a little Sport-Dreaming before you kick the habit.
Nice. I try to do that whenever I can too (minus the patch). It's called 'Lucid Dreaming'. There are exercises you can do to get yourself into that state where you can then control your dreams, and there are triggers WHEN you're just normal dreaming that you can use to control them as well. For instance, if you look at your hand in a dream, there are never 5 perfect fingers on it. One's either deformed, or you have six, etc. Also, if you open a book, you're never able to read what's on the pages, and oftentimes they're blank. Once you do either of those (look at your hand, or in a book), you can begin to take control of the dream.

And even though you side-stepped the benefits to that :wink: I know EXACTLY what you mean.

If you want to REALLY have a great dream experience while in that state, walk through a mirror (or even just put your face through one to look).

PhxRam

You guys got it all wrong..

If you really want to induce some dreams, watch some before before going to bed.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ummm

I was ordering pizza @ Dominos and they kept screwing up my order. Yeah that was my dream last night.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

It got to the point were I would purposely put on a nic patch before bed sometimes. I highly recommend it. I don't do it anymore because nicotine is the devil and I won't ever touch that shyte again,,, but for those of you who may still be dancing with the devil,,, you may want to try a little Sport-Dreaming before you kick the habit.

I had the same experience with the patch. I've actually told smokers and non smokers to buy them just for the dreams. I've been tempted to grab a box of them even though I haven't smoked for two plus years LOL.

Trust us on this one guys. You will have the most intense life like dreams ever. It's like actually having another life. Those who have experienced it know what Selassie and I are talking about, those who haven't cannot possibly understand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This morning I had a dream that I was in a salon getting a full makeover.

Station number one was the hair stylist who gives me an up to date haircut (I still rock the feathered look if I let my hair grow long enough). After she finishes the haircut, she reaches down my pants to trim my 100% all-beef thermometer. She feels around in my pants and looks at me in amazement as she discovers that the forest has already been cleared. Upon discovery she says "you done here" and leads me to the next station.

This is where it gets kind of weird. She leads me over to the next station by my beef bayonet. Not leading me as you would hold a childs hand, but she picked me up by my yogurt slinger as you would lift a bowling bag. She just picked me up and carried me over to the next station.

Any who..

I get to the next station where I am greeted by quite the flamboyant "hair designer" This station is quite uneventful as all he does is trim my neckline and dyes my hair purple. While we wait for the dye to dry I proceed to station three.

Station three is the nail section of the salon..

I sit down and an asian lady proceeds to start giving me a manicure. After a few minutes of furiously filing, she makes the determination that her efforts are in vain as she uses the last remaining fingernail file in her once full bucket. Time to pull out the big guns. She decides the best course of action to soften up my nails was to pre-soak them in some ancient concoction consisting of tea, mushrooms, and some tofu (I am quite certain this part of the dream comes from the fact I had hot and sour soup last night). By this time my wife had caught up with me to check on my progress as I sat and soaked my nails. Something caught my attention briefly and as I turned back to look at my wife, I notice she is dunking tortilla chips in my hot and sour soup.

It was at this point that I woke up from my dream.

:cray:

Dude when are you going to get to the weird part? I'm waiting.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I had a dream last night where I had to take a school final in some class (I don't even remember, I think one of my law classes though) and had to fill out a paper and then write an essay. For whatever reason I had to write said essay in the bathroom using a toilet that was overfilled with shit and puke that wouldn't flush as a desk, in which most of the time was spent trying to figure out how to get it flushed, and I was rushed into trying to finish the paper in the last 2 minutes.

Not sure what that's all about, since I'm not even in school at the moment.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have tons of trippy dreams. Most involving some sort of sex with my wife, past girlfriends, or someone I saw earlier in the week.

The one that REALLY scared me was when I fell asleep on the couch in my family room while watching some horror movie. SAW (one of them), I think it was. Anyway. I woke up on that same couch, and it was wet. So I put my hand on it, and it came up with blood on it. Which I thought was weird, so I checked myself but there was no injury to me. Then I looked down and saw a pool of it on the floor. Still nothing on me, so now my heart starts pumping with fear. I looked around more and saw blood on the floor trailing away towards my bedroom. I couldn't see the bedroom without scooting up to the head of the couch and looking down the hall - which I did. When I did, I saw the wall at the end of the hallway (my bedroom door is to the right of that), and there was blood intentionally smeared on it from top to bottom, and all of the smears went from the left to the right (towards my bedroom), and it's about a 9 foot wall. At this point my heart is pumping like crazy, so I say "This is a dream. Just shut your eyes and wake up."

And I did. In my dream I shut my eyes, and I could feel my mind becoming conscious of being awake again.

It took about a full minute for me to figure out if I was dreaming or not. I had to (reluctantly) scoot up to the head of the couch again and look down the hall. Nothing on the wall this time, so....

That one stayed with me for about 3 weeks.
Was this while you were married to your ex?:heh:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I had a dream last night where I had to take a school final in some class (I don't even remember, I think one of my law classes though) and had to fill out a paper and then write an essay. For whatever reason I had to write said essay in the bathroom using a toilet that was overfilled with shyte and puke that wouldn't flush as a desk, in which most of the time was spent trying to figure out how to get it flushed, and I was rushed into trying to finish the paper in the last 2 minutes.

Not sure what that's all about, since I'm not even in school at the moment.
I have no idea what's going on in your life, but I'd say the dream was about the shit and puke you couldn't flush away.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Probably about my boss who gives us a dirt shack to run a rifle range and then asks why there's dirt in the shack and why it smells like gun oil in there.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Had one the other night. I was chasing around a big black spider that had hairy red and black legs. Now by big I'm talking about 3 ft across the legs and the legs were about as big around as my dog's legs. I am not an arachnophobe but I hate spiders - especially after having a particularly nasty spider bite a couple years back that made a hole in my back that lasted about 9 months. For some reason, I was chasing this spider around, and it would just disappear into dark recesses of my restaurant. Of course the lights were out because in dreamland, I am apparently too stupid to flick a switch, and even though I have a carry piece, I didn't apparently have it on me that night. So basically I'm hunting a dog sized spider and doing every dumb ass thing you see the idiots doing in horror flicks. You know - the idiot whose head is soon to be rolling along the ground or have a hatchet stuck in his forehead. Yep - in my dream, I'm the expendable extra. If I was a chick, I'm sure I'd have been naked. Anyway, as I'm looking into this dark cabinet (that doesn't exist in my restaurant BTW) my fucking dog jumps on my chest and wakes me up. Just about pissed myself.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I keep having dreams that I'm an amateur cage fighter. No clue why, but each dream follows the next. What happened in the previous seems to effect the current. It's the damnedest thing. I don't know what it's about, I've never been a beat my chest wanna be bad ass. But I'm just gonna say, dream me....will kick your ass lmao

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Had one the other night. I was chasing around a big black spider that had hairy red and black legs. Now by big I'm talking about 3 ft across the legs and the legs were about as big around as my dog's legs. I am not an arachnophobe but I hate spiders - especially after having a particularly nasty spider bite a couple years back that made a hole in my back that lasted about 9 months. For some reason, I was chasing this spider around, and it would just disappear into dark recesses of my restaurant. Of course the lights were out because in dreamland, I am apparently too stupid to flick a switch, and even though I have a carry piece, I didn't apparently have it on me that night. So basically I'm hunting a dog sized spider and doing every dumb ass thing you see the idiots doing in horror flicks. You know - the idiot whose head is soon to be rolling along the ground or have a hatchet stuck in his forehead. Yep - in my dream, I'm the expendable extra. If I was a chick, I'm sure I'd have been naked. Anyway, as I'm looking into this dark cabinet (that doesn't exist in my restaurant BTW) my freaking dog jumps on my chest and wakes me up. Just about pissed myself.
That's classic. I had to tell Mary.

She has these nightmares, in which she mutters unintelligibly in a low wail. Last time was Friday morning. She woke me up with the noise but she didn't remember any of it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I keep having dreams that I'm an amateur cage fighter. No clue why, but each dream follows the next. What happened in the previous seems to effect the current. It's the damnedest thing. I don't know what it's about, I've never been a beat my chest wanna be bad ass. But I'm just gonna say, dream me....will kick your ass lmao
Funny. I'm about the opposite in my dreams. I was always a pretty good fighter as a kid - not sure why - it was just something I did. Maybe small kid syndrome. Anyway, when I have dreams of being in fights as an adult, I can never actually throw a punch. I asked a psychologist one time (he was in my bar not in his office BTW) and he said it was simply because in your sleep, your arms and legs are usually wrapped in covers and you are actually really trying to swing but can't. I suppose it's a good thing for my wife that I couldn't - eh?:wow: This also explains why I can never run to get away from anyone or anything too.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's classic. I had to tell Mary.

She has these nightmares, in which she mutters unintelligibly in a low wail. Last time was Friday morning. She woke me up with the noise but she didn't remember any of it.
How you guys been? If you decide to head down this way again, be sure to let us know - eh?