Draft rumors from around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Eagles would be foolish to trade up from #14 to get McCaffery IMO. He's not a true #1 running back and I have my doubts on whether he'll hold up with his frame. He can definitely be a weapon on offense and special teams though.

I think McCaffery is one of the very best prospects in this draft and will deservedly go top 10. He is an absolute weapon out there and will be hell for opposing DCs.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I think McCaffery is one of the very best prospects in this draft and will deservedly go top 10. He is an absolute weapon out there and will be hell for opposing DCs.

I have no doubt he's a good player. But he's barely over 200 pounds and struggles to break tackles and get YAC. He also had a superior O-line blocking for him. As a player, I'd take Dalvin Cook over McCaffery.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I have no doubt he's a good player. But he's barely over 200 pounds and struggles to break tackles and get YAC. He also had a superior O-line blocking for him. As a player, I'd take Dalvin Cook over McCaffery.

I didn't see him as special because he was running thru gaping holes. Its the vision - and he has Shady McCoy like cutback skills. I don't think he is a 30 carry per game RB - if thats what you are looking for, then I agree Cook is a better fit. McCaffery is a weapon - the kind of guy who you can line up all over and create matchup problems with.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I didn't see him as special because he was running thru gaping holes. Its the vision - and he has Shady McCoy like cutback skills. I don't think he is a 30 carry per game RB - if thats what you are looking for, then I agree Cook is a better fit. McCaffery is a weapon - the kind of guy who you can line up all over and create matchup problems with.

You've just described an upgraded Theo Riddick. How many true, successful #1 backs have you seen that are McCaffrey's size? The few that there are usually don't last long. He's just not worth a top 10 pick in my eyes, not for the long haul anyway. Oh and LeSean McCoy is far better between the tackles than McCaffrey is.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
O.J Howard is a very interesting player I won't be surprised if more than one team tries to make a move for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You've just described an upgraded Theo Riddick. How many true, successful #1 backs have you seen that are McCaffrey's size? The few that there are usually don't last long. He's just not worth a top 10 pick in my eyes, not for the long haul anyway. Oh and LeSean McCoy is far better between the tackles than McCaffrey is.
He's an inch taller and a couple pounds lighter than Marshall Faulk

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-rumors-draft-falcons-jets-titans/
NFL Rumors: Draft, Falcons, Jets, Titans

Draft

• According to Ian Rapoport, UCLA LB Takk McKinley and Washington WR John Ross are both candidates to slide in round one, due to medical concerns. Rapoport adds that talent is clearly not the issues with either player and teams will obviously have to weigh the risk/reward with both players.
  • Clemson QB Deshaun Watson tells Josina Anderson that while he respects the draft process, he would still consider it to be a “slap in the face” if Mitchell Trubisky was drafted first, considering his championship resume.
  • Adam Schefter reports that Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly visited the Chiefs, Seahawks, and Bills during the pre-draft process and each of these teams are worth watching for Kelly.
  • An NFL executive who spoke to Schefter predicted last week that four quarterbacks would be drafted in the first round and added: “I think 7-8 teams will take (quarterbacks) in first two rounds. If there were more prospects, 10 would go in first two rounds.
  • Ian Rapoport mentions that the Lions are worth watching for Miami TE David Njoku as a potential landing spot for him, given that his old coach — Al Golden — is coaching the team’s tight ends.
Falcons
  • The Falcons are discussing potential trade options with teams to move up in round one, according to Ian Rapoport.
  • Matt Miller adds that the Falcons are looking for a pass-rusher in the first round.
Jets
Titans
  • Adam Schefter mentions that the Titans could be in prime position to trade back again this year, as some believe the Jets are a team that could grab a quarterback in round 1.
  • Schefter tosses out the obvious candidates as potential trade partners including the Bills, Saints, Browns, and Cardinals if the Titans end up dropping back a bit tonight.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

And Dez Bryant is an upgraded Brian Quick. I think we lose ourselves when we constantly use current players to evaluate draft prospects - but it's hard not to sometimes. McCoy and McCaffery are about 7 pounds apart now and Shady was under 200 lbs when he was drafted.

As always, time will tell.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
— The Redskins will take Charles Harris is he’s available at No. 17 ... if they stick to their draft board. If he’s gone (as they expect), Jabrill Peppers and Dalvin Cook are both highly ranked and could be the options. I landed on Derek Barnett in my final mock draft, a player that have graded very similarly, fits their prototype at the position and can fill the starting spot Trent Murphy vacates for the first four games this year (before replacing him fully).

— Teams that want to move up in the top 10 want to do so for Christian McCaffrey.

Cam Robinson feels like the near unanimous top offensive tackle in the draft. His range goes from fourth overall to the Jaguars to a team like the Giants or Texans moving up above the Bucs at No. 19 to get him. That said, if he’s not taken by the Bengals at No. 9, most expect him to go to the Ravens at No. 16.

— From asking around the last 48 hours, I’d be very surprised if any team spent a first-rounder on Gareon Conley, but almost everyone I spoke with believes he’ll be picked on Friday. The Cowboys, Eagles, and Packers are his most likely destinations.

— The Buccaneers have been looking to trade out because they know Dalvin Cook has no suitors between No. 19 and No. 28. The Packers at No. 29 may be in play if he’s there. Cook also has interest from the Eagles, and he’s the No. 1-rated running back for the Redskins. If the Bucs do trade down, the Giants want to insure themselves of a top three offensive tackle, and the Seahawks want to go offensive line in Round 1. The Broncos almost surely will go offensive line at No. 20 unless none of the top four are there.

— The Seahawks want to go offensive line, and Garett Bolles or Forrest Lamp is their target. If they can’t get a top offensive lineman, pass rusher may be their ideal position. They want to add a top-end defensive end in Round 1. They’re also a darkhorse option for a safety, and Obi Melifonwu/Marcus Maye could be their options at the position.

— Multiple teams picking in the backend of Round 1 believe Reuben Foster will be on the board for them. The Chiefs, Packers or Saints could stop his fall, which would be more related to his injury history than his character concerns.

Jonathan Allen’s range is No. 7 (Chargers) to No. 12 (Saints), with every team besides the Panthers and Bills ready to consider him. The Chargers are in play, but the Bengals are the team most often mocked for Allen around the league.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...es-steelers-cowboys/4jla52tbm7ws1met4algvpiw9