Draft observations from alyoshamucci (our favorite scout)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Genius "ram" fan scout expert alyoshamucci said this:

(I did a draft) For every team through 7 rounds.

I went through well over 50 draft simulations, and used all 32 teams. Couple things I noticed.

1) around player 100 is when you have to take a second, and look at BPA, because someone has slid into the 4th round that shouldn't have.

2) The draft is only set up for us at 13 if there is a mistake in the top 12 and we're perfectly ready for it. Beyond that trading down then seems like the best option by far.

3) The Raiders, Ravens, and Steelers are perfectly positioned to meet all of their needs, trading around or not. Oddly the Colts are too. I did pretty well with the Giants, but they do not draft like I do, so that won't work out well for them I don't think.

4) The 9ers, Seahawks, Redskins, Jets, and Patriots were really tough to draft for. Their needs were not where their picks were. They missed out on value.

5) The best draft I had, I traded down with Dallas who came up for Clowney. Got a 1 next year, a 2 and a 3 this year. Then traded sat put and let Evans fall to me at 13, and took Pryor and Kuandjio with my next two picks.

6) There will be quality receivers that go undrafted.

7) There will be quality CBs that go undrafted.

8) There will be quality RBs in the 7th round.

9) DTs slid consistently.

Alan

Legend
Notice that he didn't say there would be quality safeties going undrafted?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those draft simulators aren't very realistic. And I must agree with Elm. Would be very unhappy if we draft Kouandjio. I was very unimpressed by him.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I agree with jrry32. Those draft simulators aren't very realistic. And when did this alyoshamucci become our favorite scout?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Our own mock draft is far more accurate than a simulator.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with jrry32. Those draft simulators aren't very realistic. And when did this alyoshamucci become our favorite scout?
I read him (he is a ram fan) and his takes the last few years have been very accurate for me....he is similar to 'hammer' in quality of understanding...no one is perfect