Draft Nasty NFL Draft QB Grades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[parsehtml]<!-- Start of Brightcove Player -->
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://admin.brightcove.com/js/BrightcoveExperiences.js"></script>
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?&amp;width=640&amp;height=360&amp;flashID=vamp-experience&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;playerID=1429816774001&amp;playerKey=AQ~~%2CAAAAABLVepE~%2C4Kv9FlQfcBPnqEquMnNy3OlvjCeiwkq_&amp;videoId=3496267858001&amp;videoSmoothing=true&amp;isVid=true&amp;autoStart=false&amp;isUI=true&amp;dynamicStreaming=true&amp;wmode=opaque&amp;%40videoPlayer=3496267858001&amp;publisherID=315980433&amp;suppressNoContentMessage=true&amp;debuggerID=&amp;startTime=1398223089431" id="vamp-experience" width="640" height="360" class="BrightcoveExperience" seamlesstabbing="undefined"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="seamlessTabbing" value="false"><param name="swliveconnect" value="true"><param name="wmode" value="opaque"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"></object>
<!-- End of Brightcove Player -->[/parsehtml]

http://cinesport.stltoday.com/saint-louis-sports/draft-nasty-nfl-draft-qb-grades/

jjab360

Legend
Corey Chavous making big moves, seems like it was just yesterday when he was still in horns.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Corey Chavous making big moves, seems like it was just yesterday when he was still in horns.
Miss him and OJ in the backfield.
Almost as much as Lyle and Wright.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
wow I thought Corey fell off the edge of the world to. Good to hear him doing something constructive and worth while with himself.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did he really compare him to Chad Pennington?

Yea but keep in mind that Chad Pennington, the prospect out of Marshall, was a different guy than Chad Pennington after blowing out his throwing shoulder twice(and then later blowing it out a 3rd and 4th time).

Before the injuries, Pennington had an average arm. The first injury took a good bit of strength. The second one took damn near all of it. But Pennington was always brilliant in his ability to read defenses, anticipate the WR coming open, and throw the ball on time. He was also very precise. Plus, he was an underrated athlete in his younger days.

I'd take Chad Pennington the prospect in a heartbeat. Watching the old Pennington-Moss duo at Marshall is fun.

It truly is a shame that Pennington suffered all those injuries, imo, he could have been special if he were a luckier (or more durable) guy. Before his wrist and shoulder injuries, he looked like he could be a stellar QB.

PhxRam

Yea but keep in mind that Chad Pennington, the prospect out of Marshall, was a different guy than Chad Pennington after blowing out his throwing shoulder twice(and then later blowing it out a 3rd and 4th time).

Before the injuries, Pennington had an average arm. The first injury took a good bit of strength. The second one took damn near all of it. But Pennington was always brilliant in his ability to read defenses, anticipate the WR coming open, and throw the ball on time. He was also very precise. Plus, he was an underrated athlete in his younger days.

I'd take Chad Pennington the prospect in a heartbeat. Watching the old Pennington-Moss duo at Marshall is fun.

It truly is a shame that Pennington suffered all those injuries, imo, he could have been special if he were a luckier (or more durable) guy. Before his wrist and shoulder injuries, he looked like he could be a stellar QB.

Did not know that.. Thanks for the share.

moklerman

Warner-phile

Even his last couple of years he was still elite-level accurate. He retired as the most accurate QB in NFL history. Really used to piss me off too because Warner had a real good shot of reeling him in but Pennington never had bad accuracy games.

Never thought too much about Pennington as I just didn't care too much about the AFC East but he was certainly smart with the ball and could have benefited by being drafted by some team other than the Jets. Imagine if Baltimore or Pittsburgh had taken instead? Jeez, looking back on the 2000 draft I'd forgotten that the Jets had 4 first rounders that year. I don't remember how that came about.