DRAFT DAY

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Any Given Sunday was freakin great...

Remember the Titans is a phenomenal movie

I've seen both those. They are good, that's not what I'm saying. I just don't like the cliche theme in most sports movies (the in your face motivation/inspiration).

The only sports movies I've ever really enjoyed were both versions of the Longest Yard. And the 2005 version mainly b/c of Courtney Cox's boobs making a cameo.

I had hopes for Draft Day that it would be more like an inner working sort of thing, more like pseudo-documentary...but after reading the synopsis its the same old cliche stuff. Plus a romantic interest. Really? I'll watch it when it's on HBO or something.

iced

Sorry iced, Any Given Sunday blows. Pacino's overacting + Oliver Stoner's chopped up direction = PU. Provided more unintentional laughs than The Waterboy.

Yea I disagree obviously lol

I've seen both those. They are good, that's not what I'm saying. I just don't like the cliche theme in most sports movies (the in your face motivation/inspiration).

The only sports movies I've ever really enjoyed were both versions of the Longest Yard. And the 2005 version mainly b/c of Courtney Cox's boobs making a cameo.

I had hopes for Draft Day that it would be more like an inner working sort of thing, more like pseudo-documentary...but after reading the synopsis its the same old cliche stuff. Plus a romantic interest. Really? I'll watch it when it's on HBO or something.
yea i'm not gonna pay to go see it either.....won't even spend the poker winnings on it just to take the ole lady out lol

Was really looking forward to watching this movie on release day, had convinced my fiancée to come with me to watch it. When I looked for viewing times I relized it's not being showed in theatres in the UK. Really wanted to watch this before the draft but no luck.

Was really looking forward to watching this movie on release day, had convinced my fiancée to come with me to watch it. When I looked for viewing times I relized it's not being showed in theatres in the UK. Really wanted to watch this before the draft but no luck.

Another Brit? Where you from?

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Sorry iced, Any Given Sunday blows. Pacino's overacting + Oliver Stoner's chopped up direction = PU. Provided more unintentional laughs than The Waterboy.

1. North Dallas Forty 2.Horse Feathers - End of list (weak field)

My list would also include Brian's Song, The Longest Yard (the original, of course), and Paper Lion.

Sweet, I'm a northerner myself, about 30 miles south of Manchester. There's quite a large British contingent on here. Hope you enjoy it.
I've seen a lot of your posts and never known you were from the UK. Did you wanna see the film? Did you go and watch the rams game at wembley? Got smashed by the gaytriots it was fucking heart braking.

I've seen a lot of your posts and never known you were from the UK. Did you wanna see the film? Did you go and watch the rams game at wembley? Got smashed by the gaytriots it was freaking heart braking.

I used to have a big Union Flag with a Rams logo on top as my signature, made it slightly more obvious but that was months ago now.

Yeah me and a few mates were going to go, but it's looking like we'll have to wait for the DVD version now.

Don't remind me, I still have nightmares about that game, Bradford's 50 yard TD to Givens was pretty sweet though.

I used to have a big Union Flag with a Rams logo on top as my signature, made it slightly more obvious but that was months ago now.

Yeah me and a few mates were going to go, but it's looking like we'll have to wait for the DVD version now.

Don't remind me, I still have nightmares about that game, Bradford's 50 yard TD to Givens was pretty sweet though.
Yeah I remember that TD it was strange watching it live it was like the ball stayed in the air forever. It just filled me with hope and then the slaughter began. I hate Brady with a passion. You should have seen how many patriots fans were there I was surrounded by the scum bags.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
If it ever shows up on NFL Network on a Tuesday night I might give it a watch. :sleep:

Yeah I remember that TD it was strange watching it live it was like the ball stayed in the air forever. It just filled me with hope and then the slaughter began. I hate Brady with a passion. You should have seen how many patriots fans were there I was surrounded by the scum bags.

I had two Germans to my left, Germans at Wembley disgusting :sneaky:.

SierraRam

Recreational User
My list would also include Brian's Song, The Longest Yard (the original, of course), and Paper Lion.
you're absolutely right. All good films - I completely forgot about Paper Lion. That was our first glimpse of Alex Karras as Mongo

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Draft Day a dud at the box office
Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2014

costner.jpg
AP

After 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested eight days ago for claiming he had a bomb with him in an airport security line, some of you said, “Draft Day already is on DVD?”

Whether it’s dubbed a bomb or a dud, the movie isn’t doing very well.

According to BoxOffice.com, Draft Day has made less than $20 million through its first 10 days of release. After opening with a tepid $9.7 million, the film grossed a mere $5.9 million over Easter weekend. And with an estimated cost of $50 million, that makes it a major disappointment.

It also could make the league think twice before signing off on the use of its logos and team names and colors for a project that, while paying the NFL on both ends, may not be something that the fans find worthy of the league’s involvement.

Football movies generally don’t do well, probably since fictionalized football isn’t much of a substitute for the real thing. They definitely won’t do well if they come off not as the real thing but as a sanitized infomercial for the proverbial shield.

It’ll be interesting to see whether other scripts will end up being dropped over the transom at 345 Park Avenue, and whether the NFL will have any interest in attaching itself to a story that won’t deliver the audience, even if luminaries like Kevin Costner and Ivan Reitman are involved.

If the league wants to really make a mark with a movie, they should get DeNiro and Scorcese to do a film version of Playmakers instead.