Draft Day 2 (Part Deux)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Look at this way I guess.

If Foles gets injured, we'll we in prime draft range to trade the farm for Cardale Jones next year!

DLux27

Rookie
2012 was when he had two NFL WRs on his team. And he got benched for Cody Vaz after playing terribly. He only had Cooks in 2013. And yes, he had a nice year statistically but Cooks was playing out of his mind and Mannion's film wasn't nearly as impressive as the stats. Then he came out this year and looked like he did his first 3 years...mediocre.

You forget to mention he got benched because it was his first game back from a knee injury that required surgery and he threw 4 picks, maybe he wasn't ready yet? Also in his 4 years at Oregon State his sack totals increased each year from 2 - 4. In 2013 he killed it with Brandon Cooks, I still think Tavon is a better version and our WRS are better than anything coming out. Give the kid a chance, worst case scenario solid backup for Foles.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
After already drafting 2 O-lineman ? How do we know the Rams even coveted Collins, especially after the death of his e girlfriend which he is being investigated for?
He is more talented than the other two we draft and police - as of now - say he isn't a suspect. He's only being questioned by police. If we are going to reach in the 3rd round I'd rather we reach on a 1st round starting talent rather than a future backup quarterback. Do you feel confident with the O-lineman we drafted, cause I'm having some doubts.

Stel

Starter
Robby Havenstein/ OT, Wisconsin A

"I love this pick. He is a mauler in the run game.

He can play right Tackle or move inside. Toddy Gurley

will come to like this pick.

Jamon Brown/ OT, Louisville B+

"This is another lineman I love. He was on my Better-Than

Team and will end up moving inside to Guard"

Sean Mannion/ QB, Oregon State A

This is a nice value at this point, I think he is the 3rd

best QB in this draft and gives them a young passer

behind Nick Foles."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker

Interestingly, the only pick of ours Prisco didn't like was Gurley.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's been ~3 years since I've been to Vegas. I remember watching the Giants faking injuries vs the Rams with Sam running the hurry up in one of the sports books.
I'm not football savvy enough to have an educated opinion on any draft picks. Just have to trust Snisher and hope it works out and the OL can do enough for the O to be competitive.
--Right on !! Yeah A Thursday night game.Seems like Rams get raw shake.Bradford actually started that game.
Go Rams

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
You forget to mention he got benched because it was his first game back from a knee injury that required surgery and he threw 4 picks, maybe he wasn't ready yet? Also in his 4 years at Oregon State his sack totals increased each year from 2 - 4. In 2013 he killed it with Brandon Cooks, I still think Tavon is a better version and our WRS are better than anything coming out. Give the kid a chance, worst case scenario solid backup for Foles.
But the defenses are also better.

I also disagree about that worst case scenario. I think that'd actually be best cast scenario because it'd mean Foles worked out for us and we don't have to worry about Shaun Hill, I mean Sean Mannion.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interestingly, the only pick of ours Prisco didn't like was Gurley.
I think he would like the pick (Gurley) now, since the Oline has been addressed..maybe....but who knows?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of Mannion hate here..I like the guy...jmo

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A lot of Mannion hate here..I like the guy...jmo

Deservedly so. Easily the worst quarterback in this class. Below-mediocre talent who was propped up by Wheaton and Cooks. All he has is his Wonderlic. He has no touch, he has no awareness on the field, he's a statue in the pocket, he's slow, he has a windup that makes Byron Leftwich look like Peyton Manning, and he only got drafted because of his "pro-style offense" and "smarts". He has no talent of which to speak of. None.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
He is more talented than the other two we draft and police - as of now - say he isn't a suspect. He's only being questioned by police. If we are going to reach in the 3rd round I'd rather we reach on a 1st round starting talent rather than a future backup quarterback. Do you feel confident with the O-lineman we drafted, cause I'm having some doubts.
Knowing Fisher and his style of offense, yes, I think Brown and Havenstein are road graders for the running game that will make them playoff contenders.

DLux27

Rookie
I like the draft so far, gonna run the ball, alot. Go ahead and skewer me but those 2 OL picks were for 1 reason, run blocking.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No, I didn't forget to mention that. He got benched because he played poorly while Vaz played MUCH better. Vaz threw 11 TDs to 3 Ints compared to Mannion's 15 TDs to 13 Ints that year. And Vaz wasn't a great player. Mannion just stunk. I remember how much I disliked him when I saw how much he held Markus Wheaton's production back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm noticing a lot of the hate coming from people that wanted Shaun Hill last season. Lol

And that's the scary thing. Our standards are low enough to want Shaun Hill and yet we want nothing to do with Mannion.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
No, I didn't forget to mention that. He got benched because he played poorly while Vaz played MUCH better. Vaz threw 11 TDs to 3 Ints compared to Mannion's 15 TDs to 13 Ints that year. And Vaz wasn't a great player. Mannion just stunk. I remember how much I disliked him when I saw how much he held Markus Wheaton's production back.
You, Memento et. al. make it sound like this kid has no chance to make it and shouldn't have been drafted at all. I have no clue. Do you think Weinke had a say in drafting him? It could be a test of just how good a QB coach he is if he can make Mannion a legit NFL QB.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Deservedly so. Easily the worst quarterback in this class. Below-mediocre talent who was propped up by Wheaton and Cooks. All he has is his Wonderlic. He has no touch, he has no awareness on the field, he's a statue in the pocket, he's slow, he has a windup that makes Byron Leftwich look like Peyton Manning, and he only got drafted because of his "pro-style offense" and "smarts". He has no talent of which to speak of. None.
Well, I disagree with you...as must Fisher and Snead, so..

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, I disagree with you...as must Fisher and Snead, so..

And they're suddenly infallible on everything draft related? They've made bad picks before. They've screwed up before. And after a second day like this, we should be questioning them.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
WOW

Just wow

Lotta butt hurt wanna be GM's here, I really could go into ripping a few but what's the purpose.

I'm a little embarrassed for some of you.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Knowing Fisher and his style of offense, yes, I think Brown and Havenstein are road graders for the running game that will make them playoff contenders.
I do like Havenstein, but I think we could have taken him a little later. To me, N. Foles has the qb position locked down. I just feel like Mannion was a wasted pick and should have gone with a big risk/big reward player in Collins.