Draft Day 2 (Part Deux)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wish they drafted Grayson now. Would love to know what they see in Mannion. Hate this pick

Tall and pro style offense. It suckers NFL teams all the time. I just do not understand how they can overlook all the major flaws in his game and the lack of upside for those two things. It's not even like Mannion is a project with upside. They took a guy that's just mediocre.

rams2050

Starter
Pete Prisco gives the Mannion pick an A grade. "This is nice value here at this point. I think he´s the third-best quarterback in this draft and gives them a young passer behind Nick Foles."

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
--Chris Mortensen
I'm fucking smart too but nobody drafted me in the third round. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't get to watch nearly as much film as I have the past 10+ years but this draft felt eerily similar to the Spags drafts where it seemed like they wanted to show everybody they were the smartest ones in the league.

I've been a Snisher draft disciple for the first 3 years but this year has left me scratching my head.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Awesome. Ryan Fitzpatrick was/is a genius. Dan Marino was not an intelligent guy. You have to be able to apply it when on the field. Mannion doesn't apply it well.

He doesn't mentally process things like a guy with a super high IQ. And he doesn't show the sort of poise and instincts I want in my QB.

Winston may not be as intelligent but the guy's mind works at much faster rate than Mannion's. Same with Grayson and Mannion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm freaking smart too but nobody drafted me in the third round. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't get to watch nearly as much film as I have the past 10+ years but this draft felt eerily similar to the Spags drafts where it seemed like they wanted to show everybody they were the smartest ones in the league.

I've been a Snisher draft disciple for the first 3 years but this year has left me scratching my head.

Seriously. Where did the team that was snatching the guys that fell further than they should go? This year has wreaked up desperation except for the Gurley pick.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I give the second day a solid F. Reaching for players all over, and then you select the worst quarterback in this draft. I'm not even going to bother watching Saturday. Worst fucking draft under the Snisher regime easily. This'll be the draft that costs them their jobs.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Damn... Really wish we pulled the trigger on Collins instead of Mannion.
After already drafting 2 O-lineman ? How do we know the Rams even coveted Collins, especially after the death of his e girlfriend which he is being investigated for?

DLux27

Rookie
I like Mannion, go back to 2013 when he had 2 NFL receivers on the team (Brandon Cooks and Markus Wheaton) he looks immensely better than the 2014 version that had 0 weapons. Our WRs while not the best in the league are far better than what he had last year, watch him in the pre-season and you'll see why they drafted him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great pick by Cincy. Dawson will tear it up there.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robby Havenstein/ OT, Wisconsin A

"I love this pick. He is a mauler in the run game.

He can play right Tackle or move inside. Toddy Gurley

will come to like this pick.

Jamon Brown/ OT, Louisville B+

"This is another lineman I love. He was on my Better-Than

Team and will end up moving inside to Guard"

Sean Mannion/ QB, Oregon State A

This is a nice value at this point, I think he is the 3rd

best QB in this draft and gives them a young passer

behind Nick Foles."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Seriously. Where did the team that was snatching the guys that fell further than they should go? This year has wreaked up desperation except for the Gurley pick.
Beats me. I wasn't psyched about the Gurley pick but anything short of pulling off a miracle and walking away with Cooper would have left me feeling the same. If Gurley proves to be healthy it'll be a great pick.

I have a lot of faith in Boudreau so I'm willing to play wait and see with Havenstein and Brown, but the Mannion pick was terrible.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Mannion, go back to 2013 when he had 2 NFL receivers on the team (Brandon Cooks and Markus Wheaton) he looks immensely better than the 2014 version that had 0 weapons. Our WRs while not the best in the league are far better than what he had last year, watch him in the pre-season and you'll see why they drafted him.

2012 was when he had two NFL WRs on his team. And he got benched for Cody Vaz after playing terribly. He only had Cooks in 2013. And yes, he had a nice year statistically but Cooks was playing out of his mind and Mannion's film wasn't nearly as impressive as the stats. Then he came out this year and looked like he did his first 3 years...mediocre.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Awesome. Ryan Fitzpatrick was/is a genius. Dan Marino was not an intelligent guy. You have to be able to apply it when on the field. Mannion doesn't apply it well.

He doesn't mentally process things like a guy with a super high IQ. And he doesn't show the sort of poise and instincts I want in my QB.

Winston may not be as intelligent but the guy's mind works at much faster rate than Mannion's. Same with Grayson and Mannion.
Maybe they can convert him into a coach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beats me. I wasn't psyched about the Gurley pick but anything short of pulling off a miracle and walking away with Cooper would have left me feeling the same. If Gurley proves to be healthy it'll be a great pick.

I have a lot of faith in Boudreau so I'm willing to play wait and see with Havenstein and Brown, but the Mannion pick was terrible.

Feel the same. Havenstein will be fine. Kid is solid. Natural and instinctive. I haven't watched Brown so I'll reserve judgement. But Mannion? Freaking disaster.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Apparently the rams had mannion as the third best qb in the draft... fisher loves his tall qbs. I guess we just gotta hope he has a little payton manning in him.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Feel the same. Havenstein will be fine. Kid is solid. Natural and instinctive. I haven't watched Brown so I'll reserve judgement. But Mannion? Freaking disaster.
I would've rather taken La'el Collins. Even if he went to prison he would've had a more positive effect on this team than Mannion will.

OK, that's my last negative comment.

Athos

Legend
My football arm is shit, can I QB for the Rams with a 3rd round salary?

Hell, I'll take a 5th round salary.

Where's my rage gif?

Jack-Nicholson.gif

There it is.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Apparently the rams had mannion as the third best qb in the draft... fisher loves his tall qbs. I guess we just gotta hope he has a little payton manning in him.
Well I've got a tall developmental QB with a fucking rocket for an arm that they could've taken in the 7th.

I would've liked that investment much more.

Last one, I swear. :censored: