Draft - Day 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Was this a good draft day, bad, or WTH???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I majorly fucked up there. I was so pissed I'm putting wrong timelines in my head without even checking. I work in the medical field, so I hear acl and I automatically think 9-10 months.

Nothing this team could do to disappoint me anymore at this point is a surprise anymore.

I'm sorry, dude. I'm just not in on the pity party. There were definitely some picks that would put me in a foul mood. Gurley isn't one of them. He's the top 5 talent in this draft. The knock on him is the injury. But the Rams must have felt comfortable with it. I can't say whether they're right or wrong. I don't know how the knee is progressing. Only the NFL teams do.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Humphries is a good pick for AZ.

I like his potential.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Quick question: Anyone notice the gold lettering on the Rams uniform when Gurley held up our jersey? Is that just for the draft because of the whole 50 thing and will the lettering remain gold the entire year?

What came to mine for me was trophy lettering. Something to hang on the wall. I never noticed it in past years, though. I assume this is a first?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm sorry, dude. I'm just not in on the pity party. There were definitely some picks that would put me in a foul mood. Gurley isn't one of them. He's the top 5 talent in this draft. The knock on him is the injury. But the Rams must have felt comfortable with it. I can't say whether they're right or wrong. I don't know how the knee is progressing. Only the NFL teams do.

InjurIES. Rams also felt comfortable keeping Jake Long, Wells, and no backup for Bradford last year. Our answer for offense is taking giant gambles on potential and hoping they pay off. At some point you have to start building with young talent. This was a perfect opportunity to do so, unless literately none of the offensive linemen taken after our pick weren't worth trading back for. Even trading back for peanuts. Unless we all think the offensive line is in the roster right now we're fucked. For the next 3 years at least. That, or Todd Gurley is Barry Sanders and doesn't really need a line.

But yeah, I'm signing off for a bit. I'm obviously being negative as shit here, and I don't want to Ramstalk the place up anymore. Anxious to hear our starting lineup 2015.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Whoa, Tomlinson gone to Detroit in the 1st.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
What came to mine for me was trophy lettering. Something to hang on the wall. I never noticed it in past years, though. I assume this is a first?
Yeah I think it's a first. Maybe it's just for this year for the NFL going Gold. I think the Gold lettering looks great on our jerseys. Denver's? Not so much haha!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you listened to the Gurley presser (Fisher/Snead) I will be SHOCKED if we didn't draft a lineman in round 2. Shocked.

Stel

Starter
Yeah I think it's a first. Maybe it's just for this year for the NFL going Gold. I think the Gold lettering looks great on our jerseys. Denver's? Not so much haha!

50th Super Bowl. Everything is gold.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
InjurIES. Rams also felt comfortable keeping Jake Long, Wells, and no backup for Bradford last year. Our answer for offense is taking giant gambles on potential and hoping they pay off. At some point you have to start building with young talent. This was a perfect opportunity to do so, unless literately none of the offensive linemen taken after our pick weren't worth trading back for. Even trading back for peanuts. Unless we all think the offensive line is in the roster right now we're fucked. For the next 3 years at least. That, or Todd Gurley is Barry Sanders and doesn't really need a line.

But yeah, I'm signing off for a bit. I'm obviously being negative as crap here, and I don't want to Ramstalk the place up anymore. Anxious to hear our starting lineup 2015.

Todd Gurley is a 20 year old HB. He's the definition of young talent on offense. Draft isn't over yet. We'll see what the plans are with the OL.

Athos

Legend
Whoa, Tomlinson gone to Detroit in the 1st.

Seems a bit rich. I think he'll be solid, but not great. But finding good lineman these days is hard. I'd take average after experiencing what Joseph contributed. :sick:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

But yeah, I'm signing off for a bit. I'm obviously being negative as crap here, and I don't want to Ramstalk the place up anymore. Anxious to hear our starting lineup 2015.
I just have to think they see something in some of the linemen we have that none of us have really seen much of. As fans, we have the players we think we know including draft picks. I tend to lean more toward what experienced coaches think of who we have and who is out there.

Well.... aside from Linny.

62ramsfan

UDFA
Just the first.

I miss the days when the draft was on Saturday and Sunday. Get up in the morning, fix breakfast and lots of caffeine and start frantically following the draft all day long, flipping channels and having a dozen websites up between my desktop and laptop computers.

I always new that spring had arrived, the snow was behind NYC and good days were ahead. It made for a fabulous Saturday. Some people like this format though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After 1, who's left-over:
* OT- T.J. Clemmings
* OT- Donavoan Smith
* OT- Rob Havenstein
* OG- A.J.Cann
* OG- Ali Marpet
* OG- Mark Glowinski
* OG- Mitch Morse
I guess we have a shot at getting one O-Lineman!! I hope things work out!!
( I did like our #1 pick, I'm still worried about our Line!)

Stel

Starter
After 1, who's left-over:
* OT- T.J. Clemmings
* OT- Donavoan Smith
* OT- Rob Havenstein
* OG- A.J.Cann
* OG- Ali Marpet
* OG- Mark Glowinski
* OG- Mitch Morse
I guess we have a shot at getting one O-Lineman!! I hope things work out!!
( I did like our #1 pick, I'm still worried about our Line!)

OT Jake Fisher, too. Some projected him for late 1st round. One of the most athletic (think he had either the highest or second highest SPARQ) Olinemen in the draft. Experienced at OG, ROT, and LOT.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OT Jake Fisher, too. Some projected him for late 1st round. One of the most athletic (think he had either the highest or second highest SPARQ) Olinemen in the draft. Experienced at OG, ROT, and LOT.
Thanks!!! I wanted to start with Fisher and Blew it when I posted, Thanks again!
Jake Fisher has the 5th highest Sparq score of all O-Lineman 125.0 w/ a 4.87 40 very few are faster, and at 6ft 6 you know he's got length!