DR RAM's Roster Stab the Final 55 *2 Players Don't Count

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CoachO said:
ramsaddiction said:
I'm not sure they keep 6 WR unless one of those guys locks up a ST spot. Cook is essentially a WR, and if there are injuries there should be practice squad players around the league who are just as talented as any of the guys fighting for the 6 spot.

I have said the same thing throughout most of training camp, but as things have progressed, I think they will keep 6 WRs. They seem to really like Veltung, and Helmick just has shown to have that "it" factor that might be hard to replace if they cut him loose.

Both have return experience, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Veltung get another shot at returning punts, and Helmick get a chance to return a Kickoff or two in tonight's game.

Granted, either one of these guys would be developmental guys, and would clearly be the #6 WR, but I think it comes down to finding football players at this point, and they both seem to figure into their plans, be it as the 6th WR on the 53, or at the very least both on the practice squad.
I just think that they may rank as in the best talent left on the roster, and that is why I think we may keep 6. It's fluid though, once we start making moves.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Good point made earlier by CoachO and again on ESPN 101's pre-game show.

What if Chase Reynolds is the #4 RB? Isn't he the only RB that is a core special teamer. If Pead isn't a KR is he special enough to be a backup and do nothing on special teams?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memphis Ram said:
Good point made earlier by CoachO and again on ESPN 101's pre-game show.

What if Chase Reynolds is the #4 RB? Isn't he the only RB that is a core special teamer. If Pead isn't a KR is he special enough to be a backup and do nothing on special teams?
IMO, yes. He could be a dynamic 3rd down back, because of his hands, talent in space, and pass pro. There is nobody better suited for that on this team.