DR RAM's Roster Stab the Final 55 *2 Players Don't Count

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This is my 55. 8/23/13

OFFENSE

QBs (2) Sam Bradford, Austin Davis

We would only keep Kellen Clemons if we plan on picking up another QB from the waiver wire, to help him get up to speed..

RB (4) Darryl Richardson, Isaiah Pead (doesn't count against the roster for one game) Zac Stacy, Benny Cunningham.

We might keep Reynolds for one week until Pead in reinstated.

TEs (4) Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Corey Harkey, ???? I haven't decided on the fourth, but Mike McNeil is the choice by default right now.

Lutzenkirchen to the practice squad, and maybe Prince, who has looked good on special teams.

WR (6) Chris Givens, Brian Quick, Tavon Austin, Austin Pettis, Stedman Bailey, Andrew Helmick.

Johnson, and Veltung have made this a hell of a competition, but if Helmick would have been healthy this whole time, he would have separated himself.

OL (9) Jake Long, Rodger Saffold, Joe Barksdale, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, Chris Williams, Shelly Smith, Tim Barnes, Barrett Jones.

There could be a surprise cut in this group. I'm thinking a Guard.

DEFENSE

DL (9) Chris Long, Robert Quinn, William Hayes, Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford, Matt Conrath, Eugene Sims, Jermelle Cudjo, Gerald Rivers

If Cudjo can't go, then Brodine gets this spot temporarily at least.

LBs (6) James Laurinaitis, Alec Ogletree, Will Witherspoon, Ray Ray Armstrong, Josh Hull, Jonathan Stewart, *Jo-Lonn Dunbar when he comes back, but doesn't count now.

When Dunbar comes back, a move will have to be made. I'm thinking... Brodine.

DBs (10) Corland Finnegan, Janoris Jenkins, Brandon McGee, Trumaine Johnson, Quinton Pointer, Darian Stewart, T.J. McDonald, Rodney McLeod, Cody Davis, Matthew Daniels.

D. Stewart could be a surprise cut, because of his inability to stay healthy, combined with McLeod, and Davis's ability. He is the veteran safety however. I like Steeples, but not at the expense of the players ahead of him.

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
K Greg Zuerlein
P Johnny Hekker
LS Jake McQuaide

PRACTICE SQUAD (8)
CB Robert Steeples, TE Philip Lutzenkirchen, WR Justin Veltung, WR Nick Johnson, OT DJ Young, S Rashard Hall, LB, Bates, OT Nsekhe, *Brodine, eventually.

So, there it is. Pretty close to Memphis, but I feel pretty strongly about these picks, which is why I am releasing this early. I might make a couple adjustments: linebacker; tight end; and safety are a little murky.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I thought of making a post like this, but then I realized I agree with every pick of yours. Good job. I also think we carry 2 QBs so we can carry 10 DBs; if for some reason we need another QB during the season a street QB would be better than Clemens

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Pretty much agree 100%. The only wildcard for me is WR Radway. I like his speed and size. Maybe PS.
First year in a long time I think we actually have WR talent that gets cut.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Barring injuries, I'm thinking that Darian Stewart and Shelley Smith are goners. And I still wonder if Pead might be dealt.

Plus it wouldn't surprise me to see them pickup another player or two.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams aren't done tweeking the roster. A vet safety. Rams are insane to try and start the season with both starting safeties having NO starting experience. A vet LB. JL or Spoon go down? Then what? AO is lost half the time, coupled with 2 safeties with no experience? Rams will sign some vet help at LB. Don't know who will be out there after final cuts, but Rams will surely sign a S and LB with a few years of experience. If they do, Giordino and Stewert are history.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I'm the Rams, I cut Clemons and hold on to his cell phone number.

Clemons is NOT getting picked up by anyone. So just call him if you need him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memphis Ram said:
Barring injuries, I'm thinking that Darian Stewart and Shelley Smith are goners. And I still wonder if Pead might be dealt.

Plus it wouldn't surprise me to see them pickup another player or two.
I too think we will pick up at least two players when the axe falls.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
lockdnram21 said:
I think radway makes it over helmick
I think 4 guys are in contention for it. Too many drops for Radway maybe, unless they use him as a kick returner only. Radway might be the fastest player on the team at full stride.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
These are my bubble players in respective order.

QB - Davis, and Clemens.
RB - Cunningham, and Reynolds.
TE - McNeill, Prince (ST), and Lutzenkirchen.
WR - Helmick, Veltung, Johnson, and Radway. These are pretty close.
OL - Smith, and Nsekhe.
DL - Cudjo, and Brodine.
DE - Rivers, but barely, IMO.
LB - J. Williams, J. Stewart, and D. Bates.
DB - Steeples.
S - D. Stewart, and Hall.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:

Yeah, you can cut Clemens and keep him on speed dial, with Johnny Hekker as the emergency #3 QB on game days. If Sam or Davis gets hurt, then you bring in Clemens for next week if need be.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Add Giordino to that list Dr Ram. He hasn't been on the field once, and no one seems to know how long its going to be befor he's ready. IMO he's already cut.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bubbaramfan said:
Add Giordino to that list Dr Ram. He hasn't been on the field once, and no one seems to know how long its going to be befor he's ready. IMO he's already cut.
That is why he isn't on the bubble list. I have him cut already too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
HE WITH HORNS said:
CGI_Ram said:

Yeah, you can cut Clemens and keep him on speed dial, with Johnny Hekker as the emergency #3 QB on game days. If Sam or Davis gets hurt, then you bring in Clemens for next week if need be.
And I'll stick by my statement that if Davis gets cut, it could be, because we will pick up a QB on waivers, and Clemens will be the guy to get him up to speed, then he would be cut after that.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
bubbaramfan said:

I have a suspicion they place Giordano on IR, and keep him "around" to help "in the room". He was brought here for his experience, and wasn't likely to see the field much anyway. Having him sitting in the DBs (Safeties) meeting room, helping to break down film, etc, could be helpful.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CoachO said:
bubbaramfan said:

I have a suspicion they place Giordano on IR, and keep him "around" to help "in the room". He was brought here for his experience, and wasn't likely to see the field much anyway. Having him sitting in the DBs (Safeties) meeting room, helping to break down film, etc, could be helpful.
Good call, I didn't think about that. Do you think they may do the same with Stewart, not both, but instead?

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
I'm not sure they keep 6 WR unless one of those guys locks up a ST spot. Cook is essentially a WR, and if there are injuries there should be practice squad players around the league who are just as talented as any of the guys fighting for the 6 spot.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
CoachO said:
bubbaramfan said:

Good call, I didn't think about that. Do you think they may do the same with Stewart, not both, but instead?

The only way I see them doing that with Stewart is if they use the "revocable IR" designation on him, bringing him back after week 8 if they are having issues with the guys on field.

But that may be extreme, and not sure they want to waste the designation on someone that early, and roll the dice in the event someone else gets hurt early (as Wells did in game one last year).

CoachO

Hall of Fame
ramsaddiction said:
I'm not sure they keep 6 WR unless one of those guys locks up a ST spot. Cook is essentially a WR, and if there are injuries there should be practice squad players around the league who are just as talented as any of the guys fighting for the 6 spot.

I have said the same thing throughout most of training camp, but as things have progressed, I think they will keep 6 WRs. They seem to really like Veltung, and Helmick just has shown to have that "it" factor that might be hard to replace if they cut him loose.

Both have return experience, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Veltung get another shot at returning punts, and Helmick get a chance to return a Kickoff or two in tonight's game.

Granted, either one of these guys would be developmental guys, and would clearly be the #6 WR, but I think it comes down to finding football players at this point, and they both seem to figure into their plans, be it as the 6th WR on the 53, or at the very least both on the practice squad.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Who do you guys see as the 6th receiver, the 4th tight end, and the 5th and 6th linebackers?