Dr Rams Offensive Tackle Scouting Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
In a pinch yes.
Last year he played T twice and got hurt both times. If they move him there in a pinch he will not last and then they will really be in a pinch.

IMO you don't mess up two positions trying to fix one.

Long will not be ready to start the year and may miss as much as half the season. they have to have a better plan to replace him than Saffold or Bradford will also be missing time.

Alan

Legend
I don't want him to be the option, pinch or not cause if he's the best option in a pinch, what does that leave you for a longer period of time?

PhxRam

Just because he didnt get hurt in the FEW games he did play guard, doesnt make him any less susceptible to injury.

iced

You are not really serious about Saffold being their swing tackle are you?

And why not? If we get in a pinch, he'll be a pretty good plug and play. You're not seriously insinuating that he can't are you?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And why not? If we get in a pinch, he'll be a pretty good plug and play. You're not seriously insinuating that he can't are you?
As a matter fact I am he has already proved he cannot handle it.

iced

As a matter fact I am he has already proved he cannot handle it.

Lol right

disagree there

I think that's funny though that he's "proved he can't play left tackle" - makes me wonder if you think there's a receiver thats proven he's a starter (not named tavon austin)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This idea that Saffold will be less likely to get injured again by playing exclusively inside is flimsy at best. I get the whole leg injury and being more exposed on the edge theory...but it's not like his only weakness is leg injuries. Knee,shoulder,muscle and head injuries are caused by simply playing football.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Lol right

disagree there

I think that's funny though that he's "proved he can't play left tackle" - makes me wonder if you think there's a receiver thats proven he's a starter (not named tavon austin)
You are welcome to your opinion but what does an oft injured wanna be T who can't stay on the field have to do with any WRs?

iced

You are welcome to your opinion but what does an oft injured wanna be T who can't stay on the field have to do with any WRs?

Missed 7 games out of the last 48 - and also a tackle thats a Proven commodity, thats playing at a Top 5 Level at his position.

The only other player on this team that you can associate the words "playing at a top 5 level at his position" is robert quinn.

Noticed how you didn't answer the '?' either.. and please, we all know what that has to do with the #2 pick.

Let alone I think Jake has a solid 3 years left, the length of his contract

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This idea that Saffold will be less likely to get injured again by playing exclusively inside is flimsy at best. I get the whole leg injury and being more exposed on the edge theory...but it's not like his only weakness is leg injuries. Knee,shoulder,muscle and head injuries are caused by simply playing football.

So the Rams probably should not have given a guy that has multiple injuries and has missed 17 games in the last 3 years a $6M a year deal for 5 years?????

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Missed 7 games out of the last 48 - and also a tackle thats a Proven commodity, thats playing at a Top 5 Level at his position.

The only other player on this team that you can associate the words "playing at a top 5 level at his position" is robert quinn
Hekker

PhxRam

I am not sure that either one of you know what you are arguing for or against anymore..LOL

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So the Rams probably should not have given a guy that has multiple injuries and has missed 17 games in the last 3 years a $6M a year deal for 5 years?????
I'm not overly concerned over the contract. Hes injury prone. Period.
Apparently the Rams feel they needed him back. As long as certain needs are addressed in the draft i'm not gonna worry too much about Saffold.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I know there are injuries that happen to the O line way too often but I would like to see them play a full year with the same 5 guys for a change. Having Saffold under contract for 5 years makes me think this is a pipedream