DR RAM's Final 2013 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
DR RAM's Mock Draft - updated April 15th, 2013

This is my final mock. I based it on needs, reality, the Rams draft strategies that I have surmised, and included a lot of players that the Rams have shown recent interest in. I've shown many alternate picks to include possible scenarios based on player availability. This is who I think the Rams will pick:

16 - Alec Ogletree, OLB Georgia. He'd probably go even higher, but he was suspended 4 games last season for failing a drug test. Very fast and instinctual. He racked up 111 tackles, with 11.5 for loss, and registered 3 sacks. Very smooth fluid athlete who was a former safety, has excellent ball skills. Plug him in and play him. Would solidify our linebacking corp big time. No more messing around trying to sign vets that are cast-offs, or can't play anymore, this is the guy. I know he has some trouble getting off of blocks, but that is a coaching issue. Every time I watched tape of a Georgia player on defense, Ogletree flashed and stole the show. One thing that I like in particular, is that Ogletree swarms to the football. If he's here, he's the pick.
Alternate pick: Tavon Austin, WR/ST West Virginia. Tavon Austin would fill a need after the loss of Danny Amendola, and he's a better version of Amendola. Austin is more than a slot receiver, he's a weapon who can take it to the house on any play. Tavon will also greatly enhance the Rams special teams, which will equate to a couple more wins this season, and that is why he is taken in this slot. Fisher and Snead are not afraid to project a rare talent like Austin despite his physical size. He has doubters, but nobody can say that he is not a playmaker. Rams need playmakers to be able to compete in the division.

22 - Matt Elam, FS/SS Florida.This is the first time that I've mocked Matt Elam, but he is my favorite safety in this draft. Ed Reed is his favorite player and to me the comparison is valid. Elam has range, speed, he's tough as nails, and he has great numbers. In two years he has 6 INT's and 18 PD's. Elam also has a bit of an advantage and insight of having a brother already in the NFL, Kansas City safety, Abram Elam.
Alternate pick: Jonathan Cyprien, SS/FS Florida International. He is very close to Elam, in my opinion. Cyprien is a tough kid from a smaller school who showed well against good competition at the Senior Bowl. He is a strong safety, but appears to have the athleticism--4.6 40 yd dash, and ball skills--4 INT's his senior year, to be able to play both positions. Excellent tackler in congested areas. Built like a truck and has leadership qualities.
Alternate pick: D.J. Fluker, OT/OG Alabama.[/b] A perfect right tackle prospect. I don't think he projects very well to the left tackle, and that's why he'd be available here. He's a better run blocker than a pass protector. A massive specimen that loves football. The Rams are also considering him highly as a guard prospect. If Fluker goes here, my alternate picks kick into gear the next round.

46 - Kyle Long, OT/OG Oregon. Might sound like a homer pick, but Kyle, the biggest and most athletic of the Long clan, can really play. He's kind of a rare player because he looks very lean, but he's pure muscle with massive legs. Doesn't have a lot of football experience, because he was throwing 98 mph flames as a left handed pitcher. Coach Boudreau is drooling over being able to coach this prospect. Kyle offers a lot of versatility in being capable of playing guard or tackle. I think he can start at either position after minimal coaching. He's powerful, quick, and can easily get to the next level. He has a chance to be special.
Alternate pick: Terron Armstead. OT/OG Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Another raw player with tremendous upside. You'll remember this player because of his jaw dropping 40 time at the combine, which set a new record for an offensive lineman. I watched tape of him playing during the season, and thought he was one of the rawest players that I've ever seen in terms of basic fundamentals, but post-season via the all-star games, the coaching he received, and by the time the combine rolled around, he looked like a completely different player. He showed enough improvement, and has enough upside to warrant a pick here.
Alternate pick: Phillip Thomas, FS Fresno St. Thomas is the best ball hawking turnover machine in this draft, and his numbers prove it: 2012 - 66 solo tackles; 12 tackles for loss; 84 total tackles; 4 sacks; 8 interceptions, of which 3 were returned for touchdowns; and 4 forced fumbles. I think his non-contact football injury in 2011, and his football division may have lowered his stock.
Alternate pick: Sio Moore, OLB Connecticut. If we don't pick Alec Ogletree then this is my contingency plan. Sio Moore is a very good football player. You can line him up wherever you want and he will make a play for you. He may be a little small to play at the SAM, but he could be a situational player at that position. He is very adept at rushing the passer, which would be a bonus in blitzing situations. He shined at the East West Shrine game, and then was invited to the Senior Bowl, where he showed well for himself. Sio is one of my favorite players in this draft. I think he has the heart and will to be special. If he was a little bigger, he would be a top 20 player.

78 - Quinton Patton, WR Louisiana Tech, or Robert Woods, or Da'Rick Rodgers, or Stedman Bailey, or Kenny Stills, or Terrance Williams, or Aaron Dobson, or Tavarres King. There is no doubt in my mind that the Rams are targeting a WR here at this spot, or in the next round. They are checking out all the potential receivers that may be here when their card comes up. I don't know who will be here, and who won't, but a couple of these guys will for sure, and they are all fits. Some, not all, of these guys, and you can include Wheaton and Hunter, would be considered in the second round if we pick Fluker in the first round.

113 - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB Connecticut. The Rams will pick a corner in this draft, and this is where they will pick him. Blidi has good size and decent speed, but struggles in man occasionally. Teams will have to determine if his getting beat deep is a temporary side effect of his knee injury. He bettered his 40 time at his pro day to a 4.39. The Rams are interested in him, but he reminds me of Justin King.
Alternate pick: B.W. Webb, CB William and Mary. I like this player better. I just love the way he competes and moves on the field. He'd be my pick here.

149 - Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina. Great character kid from a strong family. Easily could be considered the best RB prospect in this class minus the gruesome knee injuries. Why the 5th round? Because he will not be able to play this year, and this is the earliest that the Rams would be willing to sit on high risk, later, but high reward player. Rams have met with him.
Alternate pick: Michael Ford, RB LSU. Entered the draft early, but this former Parade All-American player has a lot of ability, and is very fast and explosive. He has experience as a kick returner, and in part, that is why I consider him here. He needs to work on a few things, but this could be a high reward player.

184 - Earl Watford, OG James Madison. 3 year starter. Helped his team average over 220 rushing yards per game. My impressions at the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine were that he was a powerful Guard that exhibited very good feet, played with good balance, and was very quick compared to others in his group. I think this player has a very high upside and would be a steal here.

222 - Micah Hyde, CB/FS Iowa. Has played both and excelled at free safety and corner. He had 14 PD,s 78 tackles, and two FF in 2012. He was voted Iowa's MVP, and was First Team All-Big Ten. I have a hard time figuring why he is being rated this low by most services. I see him as a third to fourth round prospect, so I'd consider him a huge steal at this spot.

This could easily be Tavon Austin, Jonathan Cyprien, and Sio Moore as our first three picks.

Let her rip....

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
If we could get Robert Woods or Quinton Patton in the third round, I would be happy with thins draft. IMO both are second round talents and would probably satisfice to bolster the stable of WRs. Problem is, you dont know if theyll be on the board when we pick in the third until we are on the clock.

I'm really warming up to Long in the second, if we dont get Warmack or Cooper in the first. He has a nasty streak that would be a nice presence at OG. Saffold will likely be gone after this year, so he could kick out to tackle in the offseason.

The only real critism I have of the draft is Ogletree at 16. Is he potentially the best player on the board at 16, maybe. But his off the field stuff would scare me away from him at 16. IMO just too big of a risk for the 16th overall pick, especially considering OLB is a non-premium position.

If I were to change anything, I would plug in your alternative pick at 16(Austin) and target a player like Zavier Gooden(OLB Mizzou)

Overall, good stuff Doc. Always like your stuff

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
If we could get Robert Woods or Quinton Patton in the third round, I would be happy with thins draft. IMO both are second round talents and would probably satisfice to bolster the stable of WRs. Problem is, you dont know if theyll be on the board when we pick in the third until we are on the clock.

I'm really warming up to Long in the second, if we dont get Warmack or Cooper in the first. He has a nasty streak that would be a nice presence at OG. Saffold will likely be gone after this year, so he could kick out to tackle in the offseason.

The only real critism I have of the draft is Ogletree at 16. Is he potentially the best player on the board at 16, maybe. But his off the field stuff would scare me away from him at 16. IMO just too big of a risk for the 16th overall pick, especially considering OLB is a non-premium position.

If I were to change anything, I would plug in your alternative pick at 16(Austin) and target a player like Zavier Gooden(OLB Mizzou)

I agree with all your comments if I could do a trade down that's what I would do to try to pick up one of those receivers. I think the Rams are high on the Ogletree and although he scares me a little I think he is a good kid and he will be okay.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice work DR! I like you picks and the wrinkle added for alternates.

Kyle Long is all over the map where he'll be drafted. He's inexperienced. I was thinking the 78th would be enough, but now I'm not so sure. He'll probably go in the 2nd.

Well done.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I just love love love what has been assembled here at this website/forum. It's such a pleasure reading all of these mock draft postings, as one can so obviously see the level of knowledge, passion, and time invested. Quite honestly, I simply don't have the extensive football knowledge necessary to dissect these various mocks in a meaningful way, but it certainly is nice knowing that there are others here who can do so and are willing to provide input without insult.

Great job everyone!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
interference said:
I just love love love what has been assembled here at this website/forum. It's such a pleasure reading all of these mock draft postings, as one can so obviously see the level of knowledge, passion, and time invested. Quite honestly, I simply don't have the extensive football knowledge necessary to dissect these various mocks in a meaningful way, but it certainly is nice knowing that there are others here who can do so and are willing to provide input without insult.

Great job everyone!

I couldn't have said it better myself. :clap:

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:

I agree with all your comments if I could do a trade down that's what I would do to try to pick up one of those receivers. I think the Rams are high on the Ogletree and although he scares me a little I think he is a good kid and he will be okay.

+1. Im not as worried about his character as many are. DUI is always serious, but the fact that his BAC wasnt leaked makes me think he was barely over the legal limit. Again not trying to make excuses, but I think he probably felt fine. The combo of the non-premium position with the off the field stuff is enough to scare me away. If we select him at 16 he'll likely be the first 4-3 OLB off the board. 16 is relatively high for a 4-3 OLB in any draft, especially high for a guy that has the history that Ogletree does.

If we could trade back in the first and grab an extra second(to potentially use on Woods) I would be ecstatic with this draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tweeted this one too. This one is my favorite, and that's nothing against anyone else's.

Thank you for making Ogletree 1A, and then Elam/Cyprien 2A/2B. I'm more and more inclined to bolster the defense this year if the right player(s) fall to us where we pick. Or even if we slide down the board a little via trade to get the same dudes. For whatever reason, I was recalling what the Bucs were able to do to us in the 1999 NFC Championship game today, and I want that.

I want that badly.

All we need is a serviceable offense (Tampa had zero), and we'll be a dominant team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Dude said:
Tweeted this one too. This one is my favorite, and that's nothing against anyone else's.

Thank you for making Ogletree 1A, and then Elam/Cyprien 2A/2B. I'm more and more inclined to bolster the defense this year if the right player(s) fall to us where we pick. Or even if we slide down the board a little via trade to get the same dudes. For whatever reason, I was recalling what the Bucs were able to do to us in the 1999 NFC Championship game today, and I want that.

I want that badly.

All we need is a serviceable offense (Tampa had zero), and we'll be a dominant team.

While it's a bit of a leap of faith; we got Quick and Pead as "new players" this year on offense.

If they are the real deal, plus Cook, we might not be as far off on O as we think.

But, I'm nervous with that leap of faith...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:

+1. Im not as worried about his character as many are. DUI is always serious, but the fact that his BAC wasnt leaked makes me think he was barely over the legal limit. Again not trying to make excuses, but I think he probably felt fine. The combo of the non-premium position with the off the field stuff is enough to scare me away. If we select him at 16 he'll likely be the first 4-3 OLB off the board. 16 is relatively high for a 4-3 OLB in any draft, especially high for a guy that has the history that Ogletree does.

If we could trade back in the first and grab an extra second(to potentially use on Woods) I would be ecstatic with this draft.

I kind of value both of our 1st round positions as the same in this draft. I've never seen a draft with so many questions at the top. Honestly, I could flop the #16 and #22. I would be just as happy with Sio Moore, or Greene, or Brown, in the 2nd, but I think that Tree has the size that Fisher covets at OLB. With no trade down, if I controlled the pick, I would have a hard time passing on Patterson or Austin. I would LOVE to trade down, there are SO many good players in the second round range--clearly the strength of this draft to me.

There are a number of players that I have fallen in love with in this draft, but I didn't mock all of them. Here's a few: Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson, Ziggy Ansah, Xavier Rhodes, Cordarrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Dion Jordan, Kiki Mingo, Datone Jones, Jonathan Cooper, Larry Warford, Alec Ogletree, Damontre Moore (in a couple years), Matt Elam, Jonathan Cyprien, Phillip Thomas, Shamarko Thomas, Robert Woods, Nuke Hopkins, Kyle Long, Kawann Short, Markus Wheaton, Arthur Brown, Khaseem Greene, Quintin Patton, Star Lotulelei, Zack Ertz, Johnathan Franklin, Sio Moore, Justin Hunter, Brian Schwenke, Vance McDonald, David Bakhtiari, Dez Trufant, Margus Hunt (the Eastern Block), Sylvester Williams, Jordan Hill, J.C. Tretter, Earl Watford, Oday Aboushi, Kenny Stills, and Le'Veon Bell.

I'm sure there's a few I missed, and there are definitely good players that I didn't mention, but it was mostly because I didn't evaluate everyone, or I didn't think they were a fit for the Rams, or I ran out of time, LOL. A few guys, I just didn't get a good feeling about them for whatever reason.

I'd like to mirror the kind comments about this forum, and about the quality of members here. There have been some GREAT mocks laid out in this forum, and I'd be happy with a number of them.

bluecoconuts

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
Nice work DR! I like you picks and the wrinkle added for alternates.

Kyle Long is all over the map where he'll be drafted. He's inexperienced. I was thinking the 78th would be enough, but now I'm not so sure. He'll probably go in the 2nd.

Well done.

I want to take him in the second. I'd like a WR and a S in the first round (if possible) and Kyle Long in the 2nd, don't think here's there in the 3rd. Not only does he help with a need, that bloodline is a good one. With our coaching staff I think we'll make him into one hell of a player. He and Chris would likely push each other quite a bit as well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Dude said:

I want that badly.

If we lock down the defense, bolster the offensive line a little, and find a couple special teams jewels, then we will compete with anyone. I believe that. I think we need one more playmaker on offense to go with the playmakers we picked last year. Playmakers come in many forms :tooth:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[hil]16 - Alec Ogletree, OLB Georgia.[/hil] He'd probably go even higher, but he was suspended 4 games last season for failing a drug test. Very fast and instinctual. He racked up 111 tackles, with 11.5 for loss, and registered 3 sacks. Very smooth fluid athlete who was a former safety, has excellent ball skills. Plug him in and play him. Would solidify our linebacking corp big time. No more messing around trying to sign vets that are cast-offs, or can't play anymore, this is the guy. I know he has some trouble getting off of blocks, but that is a coaching issue. Every time I watched tape of a Georgia player on defense, Ogletree flashed and stole the show. One thing that I like in particular, is that Ogletree swarms to the football. If he's here, he's the pick.
[hil]Alternate pick: Tavon Austin, WR/ST West Virginia.[/hil] Tavon Austin would fill a need after the loss of Danny Amendola, and he's a better version of Amendola. Austin is more than a slot receiver, he's a weapon who can take it to the house on any play. Tavon will also greatly enhance the Rams special teams, which will equate to a couple more wins this season, and that is why he is taken in this slot. Fisher and Snead are not afraid to project a rare talent like Austin despite his physical size. He has doubters, but nobody can say that he is not a playmaker. Rams need playmakers to be able to compete in the division.

22 - Matt Elam, FS/SS Florida.This is the first time that I've mocked Matt Elam, but he is my favorite safety in this draft. Ed Reed is his favorite player and to me the comparison is valid. Elam has range, speed, he's tough as nails, and he has great numbers. In two years he has 6 INT's and 18 PD's. Elam also has a bit of an advantage and insight of having a brother already in the NFL, Kansas City safety, Abram Elam.
Alternate pick: Jonathan Cyprien, SS/FS Florida International. He is very close to Elam, in my opinion. Cyprien is a tough kid from a smaller school who showed well against good competition at the Senior Bowl. He is a strong safety, but appears to have the athleticism--4.6 40 yd dash, and ball skills--4 INT's his senior year, to be able to play both positions. Excellent tackler in congested areas. Built like a truck and has leadership qualities.
Alternate pick: D.J. Fluker, OT/OG Alabama.[/b] A perfect right tackle prospect. I don't think he projects very well to the left tackle, and that's why he'd be available here. He's a better run blocker than a pass protector. A massive specimen that loves football. The Rams are also considering him highly as a guard prospect. If Fluker goes here, my alternate picks kick into gear the next round.

46 - Kyle Long, OT/OG Oregon. Might sound like a homer pick, but Kyle, the biggest and most athletic of the Long clan, can really play. He's kind of a rare player because he looks very lean, but he's pure muscle with massive legs. Doesn't have a lot of football experience, because he was throwing 98 mph flames as a left handed pitcher. Coach Boudreau is drooling over being able to coach this prospect. Kyle offers a lot of versatility in being capable of playing guard or tackle. I think he can start at either position after minimal coaching. He's powerful, quick, and can easily get to the next level. He has a chance to be special.
Alternate pick: Terron Armstead. OT/OG Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Another raw player with tremendous upside. You'll remember this player because of his jaw dropping 40 time at the combine, which set a new record for an offensive lineman. I watched tape of him playing during the season, and thought he was one of the rawest players that I've ever seen in terms of basic fundamentals, but post-season via the all-star games, the coaching he received, and by the time the combine rolled around, he looked like a completely different player. He showed enough improvement, and has enough upside to warrant a pick here.
[hil]Alternate pick: Phillip Thomas, FS Fresno St[/hil]. Thomas is the best ball hawking turnover machine in this draft, and his numbers prove it: 2012 - 66 solo tackles; 12 tackles for loss; 84 total tackles; 4 sacks; 8 interceptions, of which 3 were returned for touchdowns; and 4 forced fumbles. I think his non-contact football injury in 2011, and his football division may have lowered his stock.
Alternate pick: Sio Moore, OLB Connecticut. If we don't pick Alec Ogletree then this is my contingency plan. Sio Moore is a very good football player. You can line him up wherever you want and he will make a play for you. He may be a little small to play at the SAM, but he could be a situational player at that position. He is very adept at rushing the passer, which would be a bonus in blitzing situations. He shined at the East West Shrine game, and then was invited to the Senior Bowl, where he showed well for himself. Sio is one of my favorite players in this draft. I think he has the heart and will to be special. If he was a little bigger, he would be a top 20 player.

[hil]78 - Quinton Patton, WR Louisiana Tech, or Robert Woods, or Da'Rick Rodgers, or Stedman Bailey, or Kenny Stills, or Terrance Williams, or Aaron Dobson, or Tavarres King.[/hil] There is no doubt in my mind that the Rams are targeting a WR here at this spot, or in the next round. They are checking out all the potential receivers that may be here when their card comes up. I don't know who will be here, and who won't, but a couple of these guys will for sure, and they are all fits. Some, not all, of these guys, and you can include Wheaton and Hunter, would be considered in the second round if we pick Fluker in the first round.

[hil]113 - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB Connecticut.[/hil] The Rams will pick a corner in this draft, and this is where they will pick him. Blidi has good size and decent speed, but struggles in man occasionally. Teams will have to determine if his getting beat deep is a temporary side effect of his knee injury. He bettered his 40 time at his pro day to a 4.39. The Rams are interested in him, but he reminds me of Justin King.
Alternate pick: [hil]B.W. Webb, CB William and Mary[/hil]. I like this player better. I just love the way he competes and moves on the field. He'd be my pick here.

[hil]149 - Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina.[/hil] Great character kid from a strong family. Easily could be considered the best RB prospect in this class minus the gruesome knee injuries. Why the 5th round? Because he will not be able to play this year, and this is the earliest that the Rams would be willing to sit on high risk, later, but high reward player. Rams have met with him.
Alternate pick: Michael Ford, RB LSU. Entered the draft early, but this former Parade All-American player has a lot of ability, and is very fast and explosive. He has experience as a kick returner, and in part, that is why I consider him here. He needs to work on a few things, but this could be a high reward player.

[hil]184 - Earl Watford, OG James Madison.[/hil] 3 year starter. Helped his team average over 220 rushing yards per game. My impressions at the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine were that he was a powerful Guard that exhibited very good feet, played with good balance, and was very quick compared to others in his group. I think this player has a very high upside and would be a steal here.

222 - Micah Hyde, CB/FS Iowa. Has played both and excelled at free safety and corner. He had 14 PD,s 78 tackles, and two FF in 2012. He was voted Iowa's MVP, and was First Team All-Big Ten. I have a hard time figuring why he is being rated this low by most services. I see him as a third to fourth round prospect, so I'd consider him a huge steal at this spot.

I highlighted the players that I still like for the Rams to consider, and I added some safeties.

[hil]Sharmarko Thomas, Philip Thomas, T.J. McDonald, Bacarri Rambo[/hil] could be targeted with our first pick in the third round, and with the second pick, I think the highlighted receivers are in play.

Here's a group of OT's that I think we could be interested in, they all fall in that 2nd - 4th range.
[hil]Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff Sr 6-5 306
David Bakhtiari OT Colorado rJr 6-4 299
David Quessenberry OT San Jose State rSr 6-5 302
Brennan Williams OT North Carolina Sr 6-6 318
Oday Aboushi OT Virginia Sr 6-6 308[/hil]

Last thing is that we could take a chance on Lattimore with our #2 3rd round pick, or our 4th rounder.

F. Mulder

Starter
DR RAM said:
[hil]16 - Alec Ogletree, OLB Georgia.[/hil] He'd probably go even higher, but he was suspended 4 games last season for failing a drug test. Very fast and instinctual. He racked up 111 tackles, with 11.5 for loss, and registered 3 sacks. Very smooth fluid athlete who was a former safety, has excellent ball skills. Plug him in and play him. Would solidify our linebacking corp big time. No more messing around trying to sign vets that are cast-offs, or can't play anymore, this is the guy. I know he has some trouble getting off of blocks, but that is a coaching issue. Every time I watched tape of a Georgia player on defense, Ogletree flashed and stole the show. One thing that I like in particular, is that Ogletree swarms to the football. If he's here, he's the pick.
[hil]Alternate pick: Tavon Austin, WR/ST West Virginia.[/hil] Tavon Austin would fill a need after the loss of Danny Amendola, and he's a better version of Amendola. Austin is more than a slot receiver, he's a weapon who can take it to the house on any play. Tavon will also greatly enhance the Rams special teams, which will equate to a couple more wins this season, and that is why he is taken in this slot. Fisher and Snead are not afraid to project a rare talent like Austin despite his physical size. He has doubters, but nobody can say that he is not a playmaker. Rams need playmakers to be able to compete in the division.

[hil]Alternate pick: Phillip Thomas, FS Fresno St[/hil]. Thomas is the best ball hawking turnover machine in this draft, and his numbers prove it: 2012 - 66 solo tackles; 12 tackles for loss; 84 total tackles; 4 sacks; 8 interceptions, of which 3 were returned for touchdowns; and 4 forced fumbles. I think his non-contact football injury in 2011, and his football division may have lowered his stock.

[hil]78 - Quinton Patton, WR Louisiana Tech, or Robert Woods, or Da'Rick Rodgers, or Stedman Bailey, or Kenny Stills, or Terrance Williams, or Aaron Dobson, or Tavarres King.[/hil] There is no doubt in my mind that the Rams are targeting a WR here at this spot, or in the next round. They are checking out all the potential receivers that may be here when their card comes up. I don't know who will be here, and who won't, but a couple of these guys will for sure, and they are all fits. Some, not all, of these guys, and you can include Wheaton and Hunter, would be considered in the second round if we pick Fluker in the first round.

[hil]113 - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB Connecticut.[/hil] The Rams will pick a corner in this draft, and this is where they will pick him. Blidi has good size and decent speed, but struggles in man occasionally. Teams will have to determine if his getting beat deep is a temporary side effect of his knee injury. He bettered his 40 time at his pro day to a 4.39. The Rams are interested in him, but he reminds me of Justin King.
Alternate pick: [hil]B.W. Webb, CB William and Mary[/hil]. I like this player better. I just love the way he competes and moves on the field. He'd be my pick here.

[hil]149 - Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina.[/hil] Great character kid from a strong family. Easily could be considered the best RB prospect in this class minus the gruesome knee injuries. Why the 5th round? Because he will not be able to play this year, and this is the earliest that the Rams would be willing to sit on high risk, later, but high reward player. Rams have met with him.

[hil]184 - Earl Watford, OG James Madison.[/hil] 3 year starter. Helped his team average over 220 rushing yards per game. My impressions at the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine were that he was a powerful Guard that exhibited very good feet, played with good balance, and was very quick compared to others in his group. I think this player has a very high upside and would be a steal here.

I highlighted the players that I still like for the Rams to consider, and I added some safeties.

[hil]Sharmarko Thomas, Philip Thomas, McDonald, Bacarri Rambo[/hil] could be targeted with our first pick in the third round, and with the second pick, I think the highlighted receivers are in play.

Here's a group of OT's that I think we could be interested in, they all fall in that 2nd - 4th range.
Brennan Williams OTNorth Carolina Sr 6-6 318
141 Oday Aboushi OT Virginia Sr 6-6 308[/hil]

Last thing is that we could take a chance on Lattimore with our #2 3rd round pick, or our 4th rounder.

I like your remaining choices a lot. I like a bunch of WRs in Patton, Woods, Allen, Wheaton, Williams, Bailey, Rogers, Dobson, Goodwin. I love P. Thomas. I think there are at least 3-4 RBs who are in play assuming Lacy is gone in the 2nd (and likely Franklin who I really like).

I think they look at some order of Safety (Thomas, Rambo? (i'm not as high on him as others), Jefferson? (another potential head-case from what I read), Swerainger (sp?) probably gone, Wilcox, the Duke, Thomas worries me with the concussions and how he plays.

OL- Winters would be nice

and RB (unless some WR the had way higher falls).

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I was thinking Armstead and Winters, Watson, and Warford will be gone by the third.

I think Swearinger will be the next free safety picked, but who knows.

I love Franklin, watched him every game. What a lot of people miss about him, is that he is good in every aspect of the game. He has great hands, and is an excellent pass protector, especially for his size. I've rarely seen him lose yardage. He may end up being a better player on a zone blocking team, because he reads the holes exceptionally well, and can really cut and go.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
DR RAM said:

[hil]Sharmarko Thomas, Philip Thomas, T.J. McDonald, Bacarri Rambo[/hil] could be targeted with our first pick in the third round, and with the second pick, I think the highlighted receivers are in play.

Brennan Williams OT North Carolina Sr 6-6 318
Oday Aboushi OT Virginia Sr 6-6 308[/hil]

If we get Lattimore, and one of these tackles, I'd flip out. I'll call Aboushi.