DR RAMS Exam of the OL during the Browns Preseason Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Angry Ram angrier than usual:
I don't think Joe did well @ all on the left and I thought the starting interior was overall underwhelming.

I just watched the first quarter again and there was too much movement for me to make out many details but from what I could see, I thought Wells and Long played very, very well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/367018830255501312[/tweet]

Trying to find out who got cut.

I think he played for Shotty on the Jets, a very strong guy, has some upside, needs experience, supposedly a nasty run blocker, was a former DT. We need help, don't know if he's the guy, but he has the tools. Played left and right in college. I don't think this will be the last move at the tackle position.

Dr Ram, did you give a shout out to my boy ray ray Armstrong in your analysis??!!! I'd b e curious in your opinion how much playing time he'll get this season....he's my fav ram!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Dr Ram, did you give a shout out to my boy ray ray Armstrong in your analysis??!!! I'd b e curious in your opinion how much playing time he'll get this season....he's my fav ram!!
I was watching for the OL specifically, but I think that Ray-Ray might have been one of the guys that blew his contain in punt coverage, but that's fixable. I did notice him make a good play when the Browns dumped it off in front of him, I can tell that he knew where it was going, but he hesitated, or he may have had a chance for a pass breakup. I also noticed that he looked pretty stout against the OL when they came out to block him, so that is a very good sign. Even with the weight that he has gained since his pro day, he still plays fast. He looks like he can still add weight to his frame, but that will probably come throughout the year, and next offseason.

I think Ray-Ray has a pretty good shot of making the team, and he will have to play well, and develop into a core guy on ST. Bad zoom in these preseason games, they want to focus in on a guy running the ball, so I couldn't see much of what he was doing. Some of the camp guys, like CoachO, or Jimi, can probably let you know if he's on most of the special teams, and how he performs there.

I think Ray-Ray is running with the 3's mostly, but we may see him in some special packages for the Rams, because of his coverage ability at his size. I like his future, if you can stay clean, and work hard.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yamahopper said:
Excellent analysis by the Doc as always.
Thanks. Did you get a chance to watch the game? You want to add anything from what you saw? Love to hear it.

DR RAM said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
I was watching for the OL specifically, but I think that Ray-Ray might have been one of the guys that blew his contain in punt coverage, but that's fixable. I did notice him make a good play when the Browns dumped it off in front of him, I can tell that he knew where it was going, but he hesitated, or he may have had a chance for a pass breakup. I also noticed that he looked pretty stout against the OL when they came out to block him, so that is a very good sign. Even with the weight that he has gained since his pro day, he still plays fast. He looks like he can still add weight to his frame, but that will probably come throughout the year, and next offseason.

I think Ray-Ray has a pretty good shot of making the team, and he will have to play well, and develop into a core guy on ST. Bad zoom in these preseason games, they want to focus in on a guy running the ball, so I couldn't see much of what he was doing. Some of the camp guys, like CoachO, or Jimi, can probably let you know if he's on most of the special teams, and how he performs there.

I think Ray-Ray is running with the 3's mostly, but we may see him in some special packages for the Rams, because of his coverage ability at his size. I like his future, if you can stay clean, and work hard.

Thanks for your comments. I noticed him working with 3rd stringers at rams fest, but thought he may have played with the 2s the other night against cle. He just seems so fast I think he could be an "unheard" of guy that makes the team. Thanks again for your reply.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
DegenR(g)ambler said:
DR RAM said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:

Thanks for your comments. I noticed him working with 3rd stringers at rams fest, but thought he may have played with the 2s the other night against cle. He just seems so fast I think he could be an "unheard" of guy that makes the team. Thanks again for your reply.
I see so much upside with him, and I think he can contribute on special teams, I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it. I think we got him to be another guy that can play the read option. He looks well ahead of where I thought he'd be after sitting out, and changing positions. He could end up our #2 Will behind Ogletree, that's my projection, but I haven't seen Jabara yet.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Hooey got cut, after he didn't practice today to make room for OT, D.J. Young. He played poorly, doesn't appear to have the talent to play OT in the NFL.

Hey all, first time poster, long time follower. I love this board.

I'm going to agree with the Doc on it being Hooey that got cut today. During the game, he got beat on the outside everytime, and was very slow.

Has anybody seen or heard about the OC/OG we picked up two weeks ago from Illinois? Pocic I think his name is? I didn't see him in the game except for playing on the line during FGs. He has good size, but just haven't heard anything about him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
t3chpr0digy said:

I'm going to agree with the Doc on it being Hooey that got cut today. During the game, he got beat on the outside everytime, and was very slow.

Has anybody seen or heard about the OC/OG we picked up two weeks ago from Illinois? Pocic I think his name is? I didn't see him in the game except for playing on the line during FGs. He has good size, but just haven't heard anything about him.
First off, welcome to the board and don't be shy.

He's a pretty damn good center and a team captain type guy. He's coming off a shoulder surgery. I think he would have to play guard, or tackle for us, but has played center, guard, and tackle at Illinois. He was on the Outland Trophy preseason list last year.

I really want to see him get some reps, but he couldn't do a lot of stuff in the offseason, so we may be holding him back a little.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
t3chpr0digy beginning the long downward spiral:

Hey t3! Welcome the the ROD! :zomg: :ja: :dancin: :nana: :wewt: :clap: :cheers:

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/29/rams-sign-rookie-offensive-lineman-graham-pocic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ham-pocic/</a>
Rams sign rookie offensive lineman Graham Pocic
The Rams signed undrafted rookie offensive lineman Graham Pocic on Monday. The move was disclosed in the NFL’s official transactions.

Pocic (6-7, 310) made 34 starts at center in his final three seasons at Illinois. However, he’s listed as a tackle on the Rams’ roster, and he did make a pair of starts at right tackle in his senior season.

Pocic, 23, earned honorable mention all-Big Ten honors from the media in 2012.

With the addition of Pocic, the Rams are at the 90-player limit.

Don't forget to pin yourself on the member map. :bg:

Thanks all! Would love to see Pocic play. He looks really athletic and has great size. Hopefully they give him some more reps!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Yamahopper said:
Thanks. Did you get a chance to watch the game? You want to add anything from what you saw? Love to hear it.

Okay
Nsekhe and Washington are not now nor will ever be NFL players. Shooting Bradford in the head right now would be more humane than having him play behind them. I was surprised they were even brought into camp. I would have rather seen guys like Young brought in earlier.

I can't decide if I want Barks or Williams at RT if this goes long term. Either way they would get changed mid game if Long had to come out for a few plays. I always thought Dahl could move outside if he had too, but after seeing him in practice and the game I don't think that's a option any more. He just can't move as well as he did. He plays too stiff even at G. If Jones was ready or Rok hadn't screwed his pooch he would get cut,

I'm not worried if Jones gets forced to play even that he's not really physically a NFL player yet. Other than Coach Boo I think he understand total line play better than any other O Lineman. I think he's getting so reps at G and at RT.

Long best LT since Pace. Don't care how he and Saffold graded out last year. Long plays LT like it should be played. Just have to stay on the field.

If Long wasn't signed the whole draft and FA would have gone differently. I'm not sure the trade up would have been made for Austin. Might have been for a tackle or guard.

This offense is based on NOT keeping a TE in to block on passing downs like so often last year.
If that's to be the case the gameplan will get cut back. Even with all the new weapons it still won't be what it should.

I know Sneed is looking at the waiver wire every day cause I see him there.
And if another significant injury happens we will see a trade to bring someone in.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yamahopper said:
DR RAM said:
Yamahopper said:

Okay
Nsekhe and Washington are not now nor will ever be NFL players. Shooting Bradford in the head right now would be more humane than having him play behind them. I was surprised they were even brought into camp. I would have rather seen guys like Young brought in earlier.

I can't decide if I want Barks or Williams at RT if this goes long term. Either way they would get changed mid game if Long had to come out for a few plays. I always thought Dahl could move outside if he had too, but after seeing him in practice and the game I don't think that's a option any more. He just can't move as well as he did. He plays too stiff even at G. If Jones was ready or Rok hadn't screwed his pooch he would get cut,

I'm not worried if Jones gets forced to play even that he's not really physically a NFL player yet. Other than Coach Boo I think he understand total line play better than any other O Lineman. I think he's getting so reps at G and at RT.

Long best LT since Pace. Don't care how he and Saffold graded out last year. Long plays LT like it should be played. Just have to stay on the field.

If Long wasn't signed the whole draft and FA would have gone differently. I'm not sure the trade up would have been made for Austin. Might have been for a tackle or guard.

This offense is based on NOT keeping a TE in to block on passing downs like so often last year.
If that's to be the case the gameplan will get cut back. Even with all the new weapons it still won't be what it should.

And if another significant injury happens we will see a trade to bring someone in.
Picture-12.png

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Yamahopper hopping mad:
Okay

Hey Yama, you should cut back on those extra cups of coffee. Saffold isn't even in a sling anymore. :lol:

Nice analysis too!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
Yamahopper hopping mad:
Okay

Hey Yama, you should cut back on those extra cups of coffee. Saffold isn't even in a sling anymore. :lol:

Nice analysis too!

While I am a big fan of Saffold he has to stay on the field. He will be back for the first game but that shoulder will bother him all season. The muscles and ligaments are weakened and he is very susceptible to it repeating.
The team has 4 Nfl tackles 2 of them have been cut by other teams. One of them is either starting at guard or is the only real backup guard other than the rookie Jones.
The backups QB's....well they suck compared to Bradford.

So whats to worry about.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Hooey got cut, after he didn't practice today to make room for OT, D.J. Young. He played poorly, doesn't appear to have the talent to play OT in the NFL.

Unless someone has seen something to the contrary, I believe they were at 89 prior to signing Young. I haven't heard anything about them needing to cut anyone.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
t3chpr0digy beginning the long downward spiral:

Hey t3! Welcome the the ROD! :zomg: :ja: :dancin: :nana: :wewt: :clap: :cheers:

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/29/rams-sign-rookie-offensive-lineman-graham-pocic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ham-pocic/</a>
Rams sign rookie offensive lineman Graham Pocic
The Rams signed undrafted rookie offensive lineman Graham Pocic on Monday. The move was disclosed in the NFL’s official transactions.

Pocic (6-7, 310) made 34 starts at center in his final three seasons at Illinois. However, he’s listed as a tackle on the Rams’ roster, and he did make a pair of starts at right tackle in his senior season.

Pocic, 23, earned honorable mention all-Big Ten honors from the media in 2012.

With the addition of Pocic, the Rams are at the 90-player limit.

Don't forget to pin yourself on the member map. :bg:

I believe that signing both Pocic and Veltung, only brought them to 89, as they reached injury settelemnts with Saia and B. Brown prior to their signings.

Which would mean , signing Young brings them to 90.