DR RAM Doing OL Evaluations - Need Help!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couldn't you watch the Brandon Scherff videos for Andrew Donnal?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Couldn't you watch the Brandon Scherff videos for Andrew Donnal?
I could totally do that, but I haven't done Scherff yet. I did that with the FSU boys, you just have to watch it over again. I've watched Scherff on video, but I haven't broke him down, and ranked him, which is the process I'm in right now. I can only do about 3 players a day, because the amount of work.

Thanks, I didn't consider they were on the same team, duh.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I could totally do that, but I haven't done Scherff yet. I did that with the FSU boys, you just have to watch it over again. I've watched Scherff on video, but I haven't broke him down, and ranked him, which is the process I'm in right now. I can only do about 3 players a day, because the amount of work.

Thanks, I didn't consider they were on the same team, duh.

I watched some more Scherff videos and I'm still not impressed. He loves trying to block people at the knees with his shoulder but he just keeps missing (cut block? not sure of the terminology). I'm not seeing this strength he's supposed to have either. I much prefer La'el Collins and Ogbuehi.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Watched that, doesn't help much. Lol.

Great site, been using it for years, but there's either just one, or none on the guys I listed from this site.

And, I will check out Shaq, if I remember right, he was a huge snub at the combine.
On Marpet, I have a high school video, the combine, and a muppet video. I didn't save the Senior Bowl.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I watched some more Scherff videos and I'm still not impressed. He loves trying to block people at the knees with his shoulder but he just keeps missing (cut block? not sure of the terminology). I'm not seeing this strength he's supposed to have either. I much prefer La'el Collins and Ogbuehi.
My evaluation is this:
STRENGTHS :Really moves well with good quickness and mean attitude. High effort guy. Likes to bury opponent. Blocks with good technique switching up to keep defender off ballance. Understands angles and pulls well. Strong.
Weaknesses :Stiff. More knee bend neededNeeds to improve translation of weight room strength to field. Upper body strength could also use improvement.
Overall: A plug and play guard with all pro potential in his rookie year. Has possibly a higher ceiling than Zack Martian at guard. With the ability to play either tackle in a pinch. There is a reason he is mocked to go as high as 9 overall....possibly the best guard prospect to come out in a long time.
now that is my opinion analysis and I'm nobody....

Go Rams....... ;)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My evaluation is this:
STRENGTHS :Really moves well with good quickness and mean attitude. High effort guy. Likes to bury opponent. Blocks with good technique switching up to keep defender off ballance. Understands angles and pulls well. Strong.
Weaknesses :Stiff. More knee bend neededNeeds to improve translation of weight room strength to field. Upper body strength could also use improvement.
Overall: A plug and play guard with all pro potential in his rookie year. Has possibly a higher ceiling than Zack Martian at guard. With the ability to play either tackle in a pinch. There is a reason he is mocked to go as high as 9 overall....possibly the best guard prospect to come out in a long time.
now that is my opinion analysis and I'm nobody....

Go Rams....... ;)
Thanks. He's pretty easy to find, and I have evaluated him already. I agree with most of what you see. He's a Guard, possibly a very good Guard, and he is stronger at the POA than Martin.