Dr. McVay's Miracle Goff Syrup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Goffs 2nd Rookie season will be:

• Better than his first.

Votes: 82 82.8%
  • Like his first, but better.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Not as bad as the last one.

Votes: 15 15.2%

• Total voters

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Goff will be better because he played ugly last season and can't do much worse. He wasn't ready to step in last year and it showed. However, with a half a year's experience and a bounty of new weapons/protection, he WILL improve in leaps and bounds.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Los+Angeles+Rams+Introduce+Sean+McVay+News+1Nr3XFM_ppBs.jpg

Herblore_Emote.gif
Runescape huh? Never would have seen a runescape reference here.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think best case scenario is that we get a Manning type rookie season out of him. Basically, last season was a wash but if get him to the point where he's slinging the ball around with a load of interceptions AND touchdowns, then I'll feel pretty good that he'll settle in over the years, reduce the interceptions and keep the TDs and yards up.
I have said this before, but it bares repeating! Look back at Troy Aikman's 1st year, and Brett Favre's 1st year in the league. They Both Sucked BIG TIME! Favre was especially Laughable! I think Goff will be just fine this year, I expect him to have a winning Season, 10-11-12 Wins, and the Play-Off's!(y);):D:yess:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
lol I would hope it's better than his rookie year! I want to say he'll have a monster year, but I already know not to get too excited.

I hope Goff comes out very comfortable with the offense and looks like that #1 pick. Of course it takes the OL and WR/TE's to make it a bit easier for him, which is why I'm glad we signed some vets on the OL and some smart, good route runners. Realistically, I'd say Goff has a year similar to Sam Bradford's rookie year. Around 3,500 yards, 18 TD, 15 INT. What do you guys think?
This^ would be "OK", as long as we are Winning. But I think it will be more Like 4,000 Yards - 28 TD's and 9 Int's! JMHO!:D

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Can't get worse....Players typically have the most growth between years 1 & 2....but I have my doubts we got the right one...I'll be closely watching, Goff, Wentz, Dak, and that wildcard Lynch.

Goff was in a much worse situation than the others. Lynch might be a huge mistake by the broncos. Wentz looks ok but his mechanics need work. I have to wonder how Prescott will perform if their line and skill players change over the years.

I can't say Goff was the right one. But we'll get to see when they field a legitimate offense for him. I have a feeling we'll see some mistakes this season at times but also see why he was picked number one overall.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm excited for some of that McVay miracle Goff syrup this season!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
crap, that'd be fantastic. lol
Fantastic, and I think very realistic with our New HC and DC, I think we are going to see a New Invigorated Offense and a "D" that Teams will be guessing about our scheme all-day-long!(y);):D:mrburnsevil:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
What is getting better for Goff in 2017, ... what is getting worse ?

Better :

1) Getting 90+% of camp/pre-season snaps with the #1 team offense vs about 20% last year.
2) 40% new OL. 1 pro-bowl LT and 1 Center who knows exactly what McVay expects of him = big OL improvement.
3) 40% of OL being reshuffled under tutelage of premier OL coach Kromer.
4) Havenstein & Saffold are quality players when healthy, Greg Robinson will receive a high degree of scrutiny & training under Kromer, with Whitworth as mentor.
5) Goff receiving quality pass protection from a new FB who excels at it.
6) Pressure relief valve for Goff as Gurley finds his rebuilt OL & new FB creating more space for him to do his 'thing'.
7) New backfield receiving weapons in Lance Dunbar & Sam Rogers.
8) A new & real route runner in Robert Woods, a threat who will be where he is supposed to be when the ball arrives.
9) Higbee no longer a rookie.
10) Four new rookie receiving threats in Kupp, Reynolds, Rogers & Everett.
11) Developing Austin into more of a Jamison Crowder or DeSean Jackson weapon than a Fisher 'i'm not sure what to do with him' gadget.

Worse :

4 new untested rookies as receivers (Kupp, Rogers, Reynolds & Everett)

Last edited: