Dr. Jekyll weeks are always more enjoyable than Mr. Hyde

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Isn't it confounding how a team can be so good at times?

Was there anything more than a nitpick from yesterday? I mean, the only thing I can even think of that didn't go well for the Rams was Hill "missing" on a couple of passes.

First off, the defense. It's been more Jekyll than Hyde for a few weeks now and saying they showed up yesterday sort of implies that it's unusual which isn't the case at all. But shutting down the Broncos, short-handed as they were, is worthy of top praise. As many good things as the team did yesterday, the defense shutting down Manning and the Broncos is where it all starts in terms of the Rams having a chance to win.

Second, the o-line. It's also been playing very well of late and for me, brings hope that this regime really does know what it's doing. Not only in how they're playing but in how the team is drafting. Both really positive signs for the near future and beyond. To that end, Britt showed up big which is another positive sign of player acquisition.

Third, Tre Mason. Dude's the real deal. 100+ against a defense that hadn't given up a 100+ yard rusher all year.

Fourth, Shaun Hill. Wasn't the next coming but he was good enough to get the job done. Which may have been the catalyst that allowed the entire team to play as it did. Austin Davis did enough to keep the starter's job initially but he couldn't maintain it. Whether it's his own limitations, inexperience or just poor decision making, Hill reinforced that solid QB play is all the Rams need to stay competitive.

Last, but not least, my favorite whipping-boy, Greg Zuerlein. That's what I expect of a guy nicknamed Legatron. Great game by him. No lapses, just put up points to keep the momentum going for the Rams.

Heck, the Rams even showed up on the "in the hunt" graphic on the post game show. They've got a big hill to climb but it was nice to actually see them on the list. Kudos boys, always love a W.