Downtown Rams Podcast: Vinny Bonsignore

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great listen....Vinny's the real deal....G-Rob the rapper....you know, some guys when they're nervous bite their nails...some guys mumble...some eat...some fast...some I guess rap...what if he was trying to remember one of those long ass Schotty/Boras/Cignetti plays?

10 protected???? Donald...Tree...Barron...McVay....Brockers...oh...lol, Gurley...that's it right now. Maybe....maybe a couple of....naw...can't say linemen yet...Show me.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man how do you get these guys on your show? Great work.
Thank you! I reach out to them in any possible way on social media. Sometimes its as simple as tweeting at them, but others you need to do some legwork. I also have some connections I've built through my time I recorded an episode of a radio show at an ESPN Radio hq

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Great listen....Vinny's the real deal....G-Rob the rapper....you know, some guys when they're nervous bite their nails...some guys mumble...some eat...some fast...some I guess rap...what if he was trying to remember one of those long ass Schotty/Boras/Cignetti plays?

10 protected???? Donald...Tree...Barron...McVay....Brockers...oh...lol, Gurley...that's it right now. Maybe....maybe a couple of....naw...can't say linemen yet...Show me.
HAHAHA Thank you! I want you to know your post made me literally laugh out loud. Oh .GROB.. McVay. Now, if he was eligible, I would protect him no doubt!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Great listen Jake! But please clean up the clicks and pops! You had me jumping every time you opened a beer!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Fantastic podcast. If I knew what spreaker was, I'd follow you. Getting insiders on, is much more interesting to me then a fringe player, you get much more team insight. So keep it up. Even a bum like Jason Cole would be worth a listen.

Ram65

Legend
Vinny had a lot of encouraging things to say. Competition offense vs defense in OTAs created by McVay that the players have embraced. WR competition from "all the young WR" including rookies getting first team reps. These are things previous coaches didn't create. Also nice comments on TEs including Hemingway.

Enjoyed the bantering and the 10 protected players.

It could be time to watch the usage of "For Sure For Sure" and "Absolutely"? You had Vinny saying Absolutely at the end.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Our next guest we have Gary Gramling from Sport Illustrated and are trying to get Connor Rogers and Matt Miller on from Bleacher Report and co-hosts of the Stick to Football podcast.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Great listen Jake! But please clean up the clicks and pops! You had me jumping every time you opened a beer!
I apologize Blaine always seems to have his ringtones on and whatnot. This podcast I sounded terrible for whatever reason our connection got really bad towards the end so apologies and thanks for listening!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jake, I really enjoyed the podcast, and my estimation of Vinny B. rose dramatically. Don't take this the wrong way my friend, but you look very young to me and I wondered what you possible could tell me that I don't know already...lol. You and your co-host (can't remember his name) did a very professional job and it was very interesting! I am pumping the brakes right now because Vinny has me shooting the moon this year....I keep telling myself

"15 wins isn't possible..."

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
jake, I really enjoyed the podcast, and my estimation of Vinny B. rose dramatically. Don't take this the wrong way my friend, but you look very young to me and I wondered what you possible could tell me that I don't know already...lol. You and your co-host (can't remember his name) did a very professional job and it was very interesting! I am pumping the brakes right now because Vinny has me shooting the moon this year....I keep telling myself

"15 wins isn't possible..."
Thank you very much! I loved having Vinny on, Blaine said it perfectly and I thought I pretty much said it as well. Vinny is always bashed for being an old school reporter and not biased towards a specific side. He is honestly one of the best out there and he's a great guy. We did this interview 8AM his time, his family had a long night so he went out inside his car and did it there so he wouldn't wake them up, but at the same time wouldn't bail on us. He's a class act and when I am relocated to Los Angeles I will be sure to meet up with him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Jake, aside from the sound issues, great podcast. It really feels like you're making tons of progress with Downtown Rams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have to agree with everything being said about this^ interview!! It was great! I have a new found respect for Bonsignore!!
Vinny's comparison of McVay, and Pete Carroll's first years as a HC, I found interesting. He said " .. with Carroll everyone had a chance to be the Starter ... He was constantly changing the Depth chart, from Day to Day! No matter where you where on the depth chart you always felt 'next week I could be starting' ... this kept everyone practicing/Training harder every week ..." !
With McVay everyone is working their Tails-off! Very few Players can think their spot on the Roster is safe!! THIS is a good thing for the TEAM!!

I also loved the way Bonsignore Talked about our Great Depth at WR and the possibility of McVay using a lot of 3 TE Sets!

WestCoastRam

Legend
I was also excited about what Vinny had to say about the competition and talent at WR. It sounds like we may not end up having any superstars on the roster but that we'll have players who can compete and get open with scheming.

The saddest thing about our WR core the last few years is that no one could get open without scheming them open (which may be true this year) but they also couldn't catch the ball last year and may not have even followed the scheme well enough to be as open as they could have been.

Also interesting, when Vinny discussed 3-TE sets, Hemmingway's name popped, not Harkey. Always felt Harkey played more of the H-back role and that's why I think the threat to his job comes from Rodgers and not Hemmingway.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Jake, aside from the sound issues, great podcast. It really feels like you're making tons of progress with Downtown Rams.
Appreciate the kind words. I look forward to sharing everything with you guys!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I have to agree with everything being said about this^ interview!! It was great! I have a new found respect for Bonsignore!!
Vinny's comparison of McVay, and Pete Carroll's first years as a HC, I found interesting. He said " .. with Carroll everyone had a chance to be the Starter ... He was constantly changing the Depth chart, from Day to Day! No matter where you where on the depth chart you always felt 'next week I could be starting' ... this kept everyone practicing/Training harder every week ..." !
With McVay everyone is working their Tails-off! Very few Players can think their spot on the Roster is safe!! THIS is a good thing for the TEAM!!

I also loved the way Bonsignore Talked about our Great Depth at WR and the possibility of McVay using a lot of 3 TE Sets!
Thank you! This really makes me happy to hear what you guys think. I love the reactions. Thank you very much! I totally agree Vinny's insight was spectacular. We were both extremely impressed and learned a lot.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I was also excited about what Vinny had to say about the competition and talent at WR. It sounds like we may not end up having any superstars on the roster but that we'll have players who can compete and get open with scheming.

The saddest thing about our WR core the last few years is that no one could get open without scheming them open (which may be true this year) but they also couldn't catch the ball last year and may not have even followed the scheme well enough to be as open as they could have been.

Also interesting, when Vinny discussed 3-TE sets, Hemmingway's name popped, not Harkey. Always felt Harkey played more of the H-back role and that's why I think the threat to his job comes from Rodgers and not Hemmingway.
Absolutely! I was getting excited when he started saying the WRs looked more dynamic. Very much believe your thought on Harkey.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think this^ may have been the Case going into the 1999 Season, even though we had B-R-U-U-C-E, Holt was a rookie and everyone else Az and Proehl where unproven! And then BAM!!!!! Just speaking to the WR's!