Downtown Rams Podcast: Interview w/ Rams WR Shakeir Ryan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Good stuff. A little constructive criticism, and don't take this the wrong way, but you gotta stop being so nervous when interviewing players. I know they're pro athletes, but it's hard to listen sometimes. It might be a good idea to have a preset list of questions, that way it can flow better, instead of the weird little lapses of silence or studdering words. Aside from that, Shakeir seems like a really well spoken, smart dude. I very much doubt we keep 7, so hopefully we can keep him on the PS. I got:

Tavon Austin
Cooper Kupp
Josh Reynolds
Michael Thomas
Pharoh Cooper
Nelson Spruce

And they'll probably want to keep four tight ends.

I can see Shakeir being taught the same role they give Tavon. Then stash him on the PS, and if something happens to Tavon, bring him on up.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Good stuff. A little constructive criticism, and don't take this the wrong way, but you gotta stop being so nervous when interviewing players. I know they're pro athletes, but it's hard to listen sometimes. It might be a good idea to have a preset list of questions, that way it can flow better, instead of the weird little lapses of silence or studdering words. Aside from that, Shakeir seems like a really well spoken, smart dude. I very much doubt we keep 7, so hopefully we can keep him on the PS. I got:

Tavon Austin
Cooper Kupp
Josh Reynolds
Michael Thomas
Pharoh Cooper
Nelson Spruce

I can see Shakeir being taught the same role they give Tavon. Then stash him on the PS, and if something happens to Tavon, bring him on up.

Add Woods to your list and I see 6 guys I'd take over Tavon. I know he's been miss used, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go the same route as GRob.

And yes, Shakeir to the PS...

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Add Woods to your list and I see 6 guys I'd take over Tavon. I know he's been miss used, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go the same route as GRob.

And yes, Shakeir to the PS...

Nah that's just silly. Tavon can put up 10+ touchdowns a season in a bad offense. GRob didn't do anything remotely close to helping the team win.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tavon Austin
Cooper Kupp
Josh Reynolds
Michael Thomas
Pharoh Cooper
Nelson Spruce

Hm, Thank you for listening. You are actually the first person to say that I sound nervous. I'll keep it in mind.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Was wondering why I was ending up with Spruce on the roster. This explains it. Thanks.
When interviewing Vinny for this upcoming episode it sure didn't sound like Spruce was in trouble of missing the roster. He seemed confident that he has a future with the Rams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
When interviewing Vinny for this upcoming episode it sure didn't sound like Spruce was in trouble of missing the roster. He seemed confident that he has a future with the Rams.

Barring injury, Spruce will make the team, I see Pharoh Cooper being the odd man out and being dealt for another draft choice to a team that needs a punt returner as the Rams go to war with:

1. Tavon Austin
  2. Robert Woods
  3. Cooper Kupp
  4. Mike Thomas
  5. Nelson Spruce
  6. Josh Reynolds
If Spruce again can't stay healthy then Cooper stays on the squad with Ryan being on the PS as he can return punts & kick offs so they have someone they can activate in case of injury.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Barring injury, Spruce will make the team, I see Pharoh Cooper being the odd man out and being dealt for another draft choice to a team that needs a punt returner as the Rams go to war with:

1. Tavon Austin
  2. Robert Woods
  3. Cooper Kupp
  4. Mike Thomas
  5. Nelson Spruce
  6. Josh Reynolds
If Spruce again can't stay healthy then Cooper stays on the squad with Ryan being on the PS as he can return punts & kick offs so they have someone they can activate in case of injury.
I think that is a fair way to put it.

Ram65

Legend
Shakeir Ryan was a little more outgoing than the reserved Kayvon Webster. A nice interview. I watched his YouTube highlights. He has decent hands. Smart thinking that he wants to work on getting his hands to get stronger for contested catches. Keep him on the PS and he could be ready should Tavon get hurt, cut or traded in the future.

So Thomas appears to have moved up leaving Spruce or Cooper as the 6th WR.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Shakeir Ryan was a little more outgoing than the reserved Kayvon Webster. A nice interview. I watched his YouTube highlights. He has decent hands. Smart thinking that he wants to work on getting his hands to get stronger for contested catches. Keep him on the PS and he could be ready should Tavon get hurt, cut or traded in the future.

So Thomas appears to have moved up leaving Spruce or Cooper as the 6th WR.

They were both great, but I totally see what you mean. We just had Vinny Bonsignore on our podcast so look for that this week. He offered tons of insight.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Tavon Austin
Cooper Kupp
Josh Reynolds
Michael Thomas
Pharoh Cooper
Nelson Spruce
I was gonna add Woods but I see others already got on this...We should keep 7.

I see Pharoh Cooper being the odd man out and being dealt for another draft choice to a team that needs a punt returner as the Rams go to war with:

1. Tavon Austin
  2. Robert Woods
  3. Cooper Kupp
  4. Mike Thomas
  5. Nelson Spruce
  6. Josh Reynolds
Den, I'm gonna help keep Pharoh off you when you two meet....LOLOLOL
I see Pharoh as a valuable ST'er....probably a tougher receiver that all listed except for Spruuuuce & Kupp...but certainly built for the slot.
I still say we keep 7 baring a trade.
We just had Vinny Bonsignore on our podcast so look for that this week. He offered tons of insight.
Vinny is a good dude, and will talk Rams with anyone...He doesn't know the team as good as some of the old St Lou Dispatch guys...yet...but he's always at the facility....and he'll shoot straight when asked his opinion on any player.....He was the first guy I ever spoke with at Rams practice that said Goff ALWAYS looked like he looked THAT day...last year...and that day...in a tequila haze...he looked...well, we all saw it later in the season.

Love this series...what I gotta do to help ya get the Iheart radio spot?

Oh yeah, Shakeir
4.3....thought he could run a 4.2? Music to my ears.

He doesn't ALWAYS look like he's movin at 4.3 speed

Last edited:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I was gonna add Woods but I see others already got on this...We should keep 7.

Den, I'm gonna help keep Pharoh off you when you two meet....LOLOLOL
I see Pharoh as a valuable ST'er....probably a tougher receiver that all listed except for Spruuuuce & Kupp...but certainly built for the slot.
I still say we keep 7 baring a trade.
Vinny is a good dude, and will talk Rams with anyone...He doesn't know the team as good as some of the old St Lou Dispatch guys...yet...but he's always at the facility....and he'll shoot straight when asked his opinion on any player.....He was the first guy I ever spoke with at Rams practice that said Goff ALWAYS looked like he looked THAT day...last year...and that day...in a tequila haze...he looked...well, we all saw it later in the season.

Love this series...what I gotta do to help ya get the Iheart radio spot?

Oh yeah, Shakeir
4.3....thought he could run a 4.2? Music to my ears.

He doesn't ALWAYS look like he's movin at 4.3 speed

Thank you! Yeah I really enjoyed Vinny and Shakeir. Vinny really is starting to get to know this team. I heard my boy Brian Randolph is making some plays and getting a lot of reps. Very good thing to hear. Also, if you want to help us get on IHeartRadio we need at least 100 followers on spreaker so we just need you to follow us on spreaker. I would love to have everyone of you follow us @DowntownRams on twitter and like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/DowntownRams . Regardless I appreciate the support!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Thank you! Yeah I really enjoyed Vinny and Shakeir. Vinny really is starting to get to know this team. I heard my boy Brian Randolph is making some plays and getting a lot of reps. Very good thing to hear. Also, if you want to help us get on IHeartRadio we need at least 100 followers on spreaker so we just need you to follow us on spreaker. I would love to have everyone of you follow us @DowntownRams on twitter and like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/DowntownRams . Regardless I appreciate the support!

Is the Vinny podcast up already? If so, can you post it in here? Thanks.