Downtown Rams Podcast Ep.94 w/ Joe Curley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dude, Inalways like the discussion & point of views. J Bo though you make some freaking wild predictions.

1. Will start with the TE Higbee or any other TE on The Rams!! TRADED ??? To the Chargers ?? REALLY?? Talk about far fetched!!!
Joe Curley is solid & gives good input.When you brought up the trade about Higbee he sighed big!!
2. Curley’s report on Goff is excellent.If you go to camp, or watch game tap.Jared doesn’t always make the best throws. I’d say he reads defenses very well,weather that being McVay in his ear & Sullivan calling out protections,or a combo of all three ? The fact is Goff is still young & has huge upside still.
3.When talking about Goff being top 40, look at Case Keenum in the 50’s. Cousins is the one The Vikings rolled out the Brinks Truck for!!

4. CB ?? Really ?? Get rid of Shields or even not find out about Peterson. Troy Hill was so solid against Atlanta in the playoff game. The Rams released Webster, because of the depth & upside of players. You talk about Talib & his future with The Rams!! Did you just watch The Grind ?? He wants to play2-3 years & finish his career as a Ram. Go look at the day the schedule cameout this season & checkout who was answering the call ???

5. You talk about The Rams 7th rd draft pick. You just don’t take the risk of lossing a better pick for a guy that would be on the practice squad. Justin Lawyer is the example.

Tegray Scales is still a big question mark for a guy you valued so high. I like Micah Kiser a lot better.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude, Inalways like the discussion & point of views. J Bo though you make some freaking wild predictions.

1. Will start with the TE Higbee or any other TE on The Rams!! TRADED ??? To the Chargers ?? REALLY?? Talk about far fetched!!!
Joe Curley is solid & gives good input.When you brought up the trade about Higbee he sighed big!!
2. Curley’s report on Goff is excellent.If you go to camp, or watch game tap.Jared doesn’t always make the best throws. I’d say he reads defenses very well,weather that being McVay in his ear & Sullivan calling out protections,or a combo of all three ? The fact is Goff is still young & has huge upside still.
3.When talking about Goff being top 40, look at Case Keenum in the 50’s. Cousins is the one The Vikings rolled out the Brinks Truck for!!

4. CB ?? Really ?? Get rid of Shields or even not find out about Peterson. Troy Hill was so solid against Atlanta in the playoff game. The Rams released Webster, because of the depth & upside of players. You talk about Talib & his future with The Rams!! Did you just watch The Grind ?? He wants to play2-3 years & finish his career as a Ram. Go look at the day the schedule cameout this season & checkout who was answering the call ???

5. You talk about The Rams 7th rd draft pick. You just don’t take the risk of lossing a better pick for a guy that would be on the practice squad. Justin Lawyer is the example.

Tegray Scales is still a big question mark for a guy you valued so high. I like Micah Kiser a lot better.
Hey thanks for listening! I felt as though I would throw a Higbee thing out there in case the Chargers wanted to match Hunter Henry's athletic ability, I am not by any means saying it will happen. Curley is phenomenal. He seriously does his homework and is going to give you the truth and not a fabrication. I mentioned CB but I also mentioned a long-term developmental guy in which could be redshirted by way of making the team and being benched or being the highest paid practice squad player. Lastly, I like Scales a lot more than Kiser.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey thanks for listening! I felt as though I would throw a Higbee thing out there in case the Chargers wanted to match Hunter Henry's athletic ability, I am not by any means saying it will happen. Curley is phenomenal. He seriously does his homework and is going to give you the truth and not a fabrication. I mentioned CB but I also mentioned a long-term developmental guy in which could be redshirted by way of making the team and being benched or being the highest paid practice squad player. Lastly, I like Scales a lot more than Kiser.
*listening right now...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow Joe Curley, I did not know Jared sucked so bad last year?

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The CB thing is the last thing to mess with!! I just think the bond there is awesome & Hill is real good.

I know you like Scales more than Kiser.Still keeping an eye on it.Not much mentioned about Kiser.Scales might make it because of special teams.

I think The Rams might need to stash someone else on there practice squad
than a CB.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well if you listen to what he was saying ?
You would realize that he makes some solid takes on Jared Goff.
The beauty is the room for improvement from Goff moving forward, plus the talent around him.
He seems to be down on Higbee & not high on Everett. I trust Walton & McVay on improving the TE position.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Not so sure id be making too big a deal over a few picks in OTAs - boys are out there having fun with no real stakes (for Goff anyway) on the table

Good listen (y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if you listen to what he was saying ?
You would realize that he makes some solid takes on Jared Goff.
The beauty is the room for improvement from Goff moving forward, plus the talent around him.
He seems to be down on Higbee & not high on Everett. I trust Walton & McVay on improving the TE position.
Yes I did...but he also chuckled about Goff's 2017 performance. It's like he felt the need to knock down enthusiasm about Goff's potential this year because HE felt it wasn't justified. It's OTA's and Camp with nothing on the line for the team, so Goff will try things that might not work. But we got to know a Jared Goff last year, out of the gate vs the Colts, that could be the QB we have been waiting for. He is legit and I don't care if Curley likes my take, or not.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes I did...but he also chuckled about Goff's 2017 performance. It's like he felt the need to knock down enthusiasm about Goff's potential this year because HE felt it wasn't justified. It's OTA's and Camp with nothing on the line for the team, so Goff will try things that might not work. But we got to know a Jared Goff last year, out of the gate vs the Colts, that could be the QB we have been waiting for. He is legit and I don't care if Curley likes my take, or not.

I don’t know if you saw any training camp last season ? I watched the games as well. There are balls that get away from him is all .

Goff did very well last season. I guess Curly did slight Goff though about not being a top 50/100 player? He was wrong about that, Goff top 40.
Goff is hitting on some nice deep balls, which will open things up. He is also going against some pretty tough Db’s!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t know if you saw any training camp last season ? I watched the games as well. There are balls that get away from him is all .

Goff did very well last season. I guess Curly did slight Goff though about not being a top 50/100 player? He was wrong about that, Goff top 40.
Goff is hitting on some nice deep balls, which will open things up. He is also going against some pretty tough Db’s!!
Last training Camp, the media was questioning whether Goff was a bust or not. I watched the clips of OTA's and Camp that were posted by the Rams, so that was it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Loyal - man !! I do get your point & Curley’s as well.
1. His point on Goff hitting every pass & making spot on throws is not happening!! He sees it & that was Goff’s MO in training camp. He does not throw the best passes.

That said your right about all the doubters & BS people have had about Jared Goff.

1. Dickerson saying Mannion should be the starter ? Lmao!!
2. That Goff is only good because McVay is in his headset.

I can go on, but the thing that pisses me off about Curley is he does not talk about Jared Goff’s leadership from day 1!! He has always taken ownership of The Rams win & losses!!
He always strives to get better!! The Grind showed that as well with McVay having Goff lead the end of the first OTA practice!!

McVay gets it !! The Big 5 gets it !! The leadership on defense gets it !! Gurley gets it!!
This Rams team is LED by JARED GOFF!!

So your point is well taken !!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
TC to QB's are kinda like TC for ML pitchers, who try new stuff. A new slider, screwball of perfecting the curve. They try stuff they wouldn't do in a game that counts.

I went to a lot of TC sessions last year and Goff looked pretty damned good compared to '16. Yes he missed some throws, but he made a tom more than he missed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
TC to QB's are kinda like TC for ML pitchers, who try new stuff. A new slider, screwball of perfecting the curve. They try stuff they wouldn't do in a game that counts.

I went to a lot of TC sessions last year and Goff looked pretty damned good compared to '16. Yes he missed some throws, but he made a tom more than he missed.

Well one thing that stands out in OTA to everybody is how he has been connecting on the deep throws, especially with Cooks compared to Watkins.