Downtown Rams Draft Profile: Marshall WR Michael Clark

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Downtown Rams Draft Profile: Marshall WR Michael Clark
227364_b18035f9b7e14c26a90e75aa6d016a94~mv2_d_3600_2400_s_4_2.webp

https://www.downtownrams.com/single...-Rams-Draft-Profile-Marshall-WR-Michael-Clark

Our new massive series here at Downtown Rams will give you players that catch our eye. We will bring you bring you draft prospects, see where their fit is with the Rams and of course give you a player comparison.

Who is the 6-foot-6 and 217 pound WR Michael Clark?
He is likely someone you have never heard about before. To be quite honest I just found this guy this week and watched his tape and came away thrilled. Clark is a red-shirt sophomore transfer that is from the same school that produced Randy Moss and Aaron Dobson at the WR position. While Dobson may have busted extremely hard, Moss didn't and is likely headed to Canton in 2018. Clark shows up a crazy amount of athleticism in his 6-foot-6 frame and is able to take a play to the second level with his deceptive speed. This guy may have "undrafted" written all over him but you will see soon why that doesn't phase me in the slightest.

Strengths
Deceptive 4.5 speed
Massive body
Former basketball player, ability to box out defenders to the football
Ability to high point the ball
Superior body control makes him a serious red zone target
Solid hands
Great strength
Able to create yards after a catch
Enough foot quickness to quickly break off his route on a dime and school the defender
Underrated route runner
Sideline and endzone awareness are existent

Weaknesses
Needs to learn proper blocking technique
Can get a little too pushy and aggressive at times which could lead to PI's in the NFL
Production wasn't as high as it should've been
Weaker competition

How does he fit with the Rams?
The Rams would love to bring in a 6-foot-6 wide receiver to develop for the future. Clark gives the Rams the ability to have an instant red zone threat while they wait to fully develop him and refine the rest of his game. He wouldn't likely have to do too much but he would definitely receive some playing time in his rookie year if drafted. Right now the Rams have a smaller wide receiver group so Clark could add to that in a big way.

Draft grade:
7th round-UDFA

Player comparison
Danario Alexander
227364_bfcb331f2c2941d1ae4fa6b6bdb3a6e2~mv2_d_3000_1845_s_2.webp

Michael Clark compares to a player that is one of my favorite all-time Rams in Danario Alexander. While Alexander didn't have the longevity...he showed the potential to be a top five receiver if he stayed healthy. As I see it Alexander in the NFL was more refined than Clark is right now but here is the thing. They both have that deceptive speed with that great big bodied frame. Clark was a red-shirt sophomore so he is still fairly young and of course Clark doesn't have the multiple knee operations that Alexander had to endure. Alexander ended up going undrafted do to the medical red flags so going undrafted shouldn't hurt Clark. Perhaps the Rams find their replacement finally for Danario Alexander and the type of play maker they hoped he could have been back in the day.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Looks like what might be a faster version of our own Temarrick Hemingway, but i'd like to see if Hemingway has anything to offer first before bringing in another sky scraping TE/WR hybrid. jmo.