Down goes Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
You know, Tebow is not a terrible QB. I'm not sure how anyone thought he would do well with a traditional system. He can win, make some throws when you need him too and is a great leader. He got an unfair chance and the only reason anyone disliked him was because of the Jesus crap.

No, the media endlessly fawning over him is the reason I disliked him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Hoyer plays well there is going to be a lot of foul language in CLE. lol

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Then why are Joey Harrington and Matt Lineart on TV?

The reason Tebow is on tv is because he was a very productive college QB. He didn't have the tools to be a NFL QB. For some reason he was picked in the first when he was a UDFA type talent.

I always thought that Tebow went in the first because Josh McDaniels wanted to show everybody how much smarter he was than them.

I'm not sure it worked out the way he hoped it would.

FRO

Legend
I always thought that Tebow went in the first because Josh McDaniels wanted to show everybody how much smarter he was than them.

I'm not sure it worked out the way he hoped it would.
I totally agree. Tebow was likable and interviewed well. He was prolific in college. He couldn't throw. That's what a QB does in the NFL.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Just as one poster to another... there are people of many varying beliefs here, but we choose to focus on only one (namely liking the Rams) and largely agreeing to disagree on everything else.

Could we just respect that we have different beliefs and not post stuff like the above? Thanks.

Bravo Boffo, well said without getting in the mud

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I said this before how anyone can't see that Manzeil doesn't have an NFL body is just beyond me , the Cleveland owner aught to learn a lesson from this , he runs truck stops and owns a football team ,he needs to stick to what he does well or become the second coming of Lil Dan Snyder.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah he is.
Great insight there, chief. Tell me guys, where did Tebow get an actual chance to succeed? He was obviously a winner with Denver, he proved that. Also, I'm not saying anything against Christianity. Or people who do believe in that, but just towards the general stuff that surrounds it. I'm not going to be responding to anything else in this thread because I'm clearly in the minority on this and that doesn't sell here. I'll see y'all in the GDT.

FRO

Legend
Great insight there, chief. Tell me guys, where did Tebow get an actual chance to succeed? He was obviously a winner with Denver, he proved that. Also, I'm not saying anything against Christianity. Or people who do believe in that, but just towards the general stuff that surrounds it. I'm not going to be responding to anything else in this thread because I'm clearly in the minority on this and that doesn't sell here. I'll see y'all in the GDT.
He was a 47.9% completion passer. That's horrible. The team won despite him.

Ramathon

I'm calling BS I dont think you can make that argument. Im all ears if you'd like to try. The only reason Tim Tebow made it to the NFL is because hes religious?? :confused::confused::sick:(y):whistle:

And I up your BS with a Horse Puckey. I don't know why it's so hard to understand that if any group of people thinks an individual may have been held back in their football career for any reason other than football playing ability, then it's very likely there is another group of people who will think he got favoritism tossed his way for that very same reason.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I up your BS with a Horse Puckey. I don't know why it's so hard to understand that if any group of people thinks an individual may have been held back in their football career for any reason other than football playing ability, then it's very likely there is another group of people who will think he got favoritism tossed his way for that very same reason.
IMO what held him back was the media attention he got and the distraction it brought his teams. If you are bringing that level of distraction you better be a superstar to justify it (T.O, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, etc..) since Tebow is not good enough to justify that level of distraction teams chose to not deal with him. He has proven he at least deserves a roster spot as a backup somewhere but the media spotlight doesnt allow that....so no...his religious beliefs didnt hold him back or aid his career, the media/public fascination with him did.

Im all ears on how the only reason Tim Tebow even made it to the NFL is because of how religious he is....