Doug Pederson is New Eagles HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
At least Pederson comes from a coaching tree of someone who's a QB whisperer. I have never seen a coach except for Reid get so much out of so little at QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I'm saying is, unless he had ruined the locker room, you knew what you were getting into when he was hired. They made a commitment to the exciting, unorthodox guy and I'm not sure you give him just 3 years and call it a wrap.

The Pederson hiring is underwhelming, at least right now, and he's not stepping into a clean situation. I think could have been beneficial to ride out another year with Kelly and get a more definite answer of what he is and what he was building.

Ultimately, the failures of Murray and Maxwell along with the cut of DeSean really caught up. Too many moving parts on the O-line didn't help either.

He put out some good offenses in previous years and got a lot of good production out of the QB position.

I understand giving him the axe on one hand, but on the other hand, another year wouldn't have been the worst idea in my opinion.

Firing him isn't a bad decision either, but doesn't necessarily get you far. Now you put Pederson in here and I feel like it's a lot of spinning your wheels.

Could be wrong and maybe Pederson turns it around quick, but I'm not so sure about that. I think seeing if Kelly could rebound to previous form could be a better choice than jumping into the coach search and forcing a more unknown option into the fray.

That said, if Kelly crossed the players and they won't play for them, I get it.

Is Doug going to be Roseman's puppet though? How is that relationship going to work out? Kelly might not be the only stubborn egomaniac in this situation and what happens if Roseman turns out to be the problem?

You fire Roseman.

But Roseman wasn't the problem. Kelly got final say over the roster and tore it apart. Roseman could possibly be A problem...but Kelly was THE problem in 2015.

I doubt Pederson will be Roseman's puppet. Roseman worked with Reid before. Will probably be a mutual relationship.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least Pederson comes from a coaching tree of someone who's a QB whisperer. I have never seen a coach except for Reid get so much out of so little at QB.

I think I prefer Mike Martz who kept pulling starting caliber QBs out of thin air. ;)

WestCoastRam

Legend
I love me some Martz @jrry32 but I think Reid wins in a tie since he didn't break the QBs over consecutive seasons of getting them beat to a pulp on 5-step and 7-step drops.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love me some Martz @jrry32 but I think Reid wins in a tie since he didn't break the QBs over consecutive seasons of getting them beat to a pulp on 5-step and 7-step drops.

Eh...he also didn't really replace McNabb. :whistle: