Double-teamed and chipped? No big deal.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKYazmGQpA[/youtube]

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Not gonna lie, haven't seen a Ram DT beat a double team, let alone a triple. I know, i know, better skill in the NFL but that is the dominant Alabama OL we're talking about. Impressive stuff! :cheese:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Barrison6 said:
Not gonna lie, haven't seen a Ram DT beat a double team, let alone a triple. I know, i know, better skill in the NFL but that is the dominant Alabama OL we're talking about. Impressive stuff! :cheese:
Yeah, he was triple teamed there and he still made the play. That was impressive. We really needed someone like him on our line.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I was one of the people who was skeptical about this pick, but reading how bad our rush defense last year was I started to understand. They seem to be following the Giants philosophy by adding players to making a good unit to a great one. It seems now that the D-line and Secondary are our strong units on paper.

I honestly believe if Brockers and Langford can hold the middle of the line, and not get pushed backwards positive things will happen. Holding the opposing offense to under 4 to 4+ yds. rushing will be in our favor.

What would also needs to happen in 3rd down passing situations that our CB's cover opposing WR's like "white on rice". Long and Quinn will have a field day pass-rushing the QB. The only thing I am little weary about is the TE covering, especially Vernon Davis. I think our new Drafted/Undrafted LB's will be ok. I hope Aaron Brown makes a big positive impact, and starts. :cheese: Call me a Hawaii player homer. I would also really like to see Matt Daniels start as our SS if he has that kind of production like he did at Duke.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram_Fan said:
I was one of the people who was skeptical about this pick, but reading how bad our rush defense last year was I started to understand. They seem to be following the Giants philosophy by adding players to making a good unit to a great one. It seems now that the D-line and Secondary are our strong units on paper.

I honestly believe if Brockers and Langford can hold the middle of the line, and not get pushed backwards positive things will happen. Holding the opposing offense to under 4 to 4+ yds. rushing will be in our favor.

What would also needs to happen in 3rd down passing situations that our CB's cover opposing WR's like "white on rice". Long and Quinn will have a field day pass-rushing the QB. The only thing I am little weary about is the TE covering, especially Vernon Davis. I think our new Drafted/Undrafted LB's will be ok. I hope Aaron Brown makes a big positive impact, and starts. :cheese: Call me a Hawaii player homer. I would also really like to see Matt Daniels start as our SS if he has that kind of production like he did at Duke.
You ain't kiddin'. There were SO many games that were blown wide open last year because of one gigantic rush right up the gut. If that's a thing of the past, I'll be one happy camper. Strengthening the DL and CB units like they did (or *may* have done) is a really solid approach. Good pressure and good coverage equals sacks. Now I know why Fisher wants to break the NFL record for sacks this year. That was probably mostly tongue-in-cheek, but it illustrates what he's going to try and accomplish anyway.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ram_Fan said:

I think Daniels will have the role that Stewart had as a rookie: blitz as an extra safety from the nickel and dime packages. I also think that Stewart and Mikell will also have excellent years, but I think that Dunbar and Haggan end up starting at outside linebacker.

But I agree with everything else you've said. Good post.

THAT....is exactly the stuff Brockers does in game after game I watched.
He continues to make plays while being double/tri0ple teamed!!
That means, Brockers teammates are 1on1...and can make a play!!!

Brockers/Jenkins are GOLD...already - as is!! I'm not worried about them.
They were - BOTH - tops at their positions in the draft. imo

I'm just a little nervous about how fast Quick, Pead & Givens will get up to speed and begin contributing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
I'm just a little nervous about how fast Quick, Pead & Givens will get up to speed and begin contributing.
I'm hoping, with all the young guys on this team, that they start off slow and incrementally add to the preseason playbook. Don't go "all-in" with this stuff for the sake of doing it, in other words. If we keep the scheme relatively simple, the progress should be fluid. I'm sure they know all that though. I'm just saying out loud how I'd like to see it go down.