Dorial Green-Beckham?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen a few Re-mocks with us taking Beckham. We need o line help but I suppose that could still be found later in the draft. Not sure, but anytime I hear "this guy is a top first round talent if it weren't for off the field concerns" I get intrigued. If this guy is that good I trust fish to straighten him out and wouldn't be mad at this pick....thoughts?

ramsb_logo.gif
St. Louis Rams: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma

Oklahoma_logo.gif

The Rams grab a local product and a big receiver for Nick Foles.

Green-Beckham has an immense skill set with upside to develop, but he damaged his shot at being a high first-round pick by getting kicked out of the Missouri Tigers program after multiple arrests with some substance issues and a domestic violence incident. The Oklahoma Sooners brought Green-Beckham into their program, but the NCAA wouldn't let Green-Beckham play for them in 2014. Green-Beckham and his family decided that he should enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

Green-Beckham (6-5, 237) was formerly one of the top recruits in the nation and has often been compared to Bengals stud receiver A.J. Green. Playing for Missouri, Green-Beckham had 28 receptions for 395 yards and five touchdowns as a freshman in 2012. He looked like he was just scratching the surface of his talent. In 2013, Green-Beckham totaled 59 receptions for 883 yards with 12 touchdowns. He finished the 2013 regular season strongly with impressive performances against Texas A&M (7-93-1) and Auburn (6-144-2).

Athos

Legend
I was totally blown away by Britt's maturity since returning to Fisher's wing.

I think he could be a positive influence on DGB. You never know, but I think it could happen.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was totally blown away by Britt's maturity since returning to Fisher's wing.

I think he could be a positive influence on DGB. You never know, but I think it could happen.
Feels weird to say that Britt could be a good influence on a young guy considering he had his own maturity concerns not long ago but I agree wholeheartedly...think that speaks to how good fish is at handling these kinds of situations

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Feels weird to say that Britt could be a good influence on a young guy considering he had his own maturity concerns not long ago but I agree wholeheartedly...think that speaks to how good fish is at handling these kinds of situations

Totally agree. Kenny Britt, for all his faults, has become the leader of this WR group. He's grown up and could be a heck of a mentor.

If the evaluators are confident in DGB's ability to stay clean, I'm confident in saying he's the best pick we could make at #41.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Totally agree. Kenny Britt, for all his faults, has become the leader of this WR group. He's grown up and could be a heck of a mentor.

If the evaluators are confident in DGB's ability to stay clean, I'm confident in saying he's the best pick we could make at #41.
I agree. DGB has elite like talent, but from what I understand there were rumors out there that he was a headache at Mizzou (and not just because of the publicized stuff)

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I agree. DGB has elite like talent, but from what I understand there were rumors out there that he was a headache at Mizzou (and not just because of the publicized stuff)
No doubt. I'm sure they've done their homework and I'd completely understand if they didn't snatch him up.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm also hoping for DGB. That said, if somehow Gregory is there, I don't see us passing.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Based on what I know I would not pick him. But I didn't get to interview him. I really thought that entering the draft this year was a very peculiar decision. He had to sit out last season and if he comes back for a year and stays out of trouble and lights it up in Oklahoma then he is a top ten maybe number 1 overall pick. I would like to know why he decided to enter the draft after he sat out a whole year and didn't really get to show his full potential even when at Missouri. Number 1 overall would be way more money than 2nd round.

RamsFan14

Starter
PLEASE DRAFT DGB!!! Personally, I think he's worth the gamble. He's super talented, and I have a hard time believing that Snisher wouldn't have this guy highly rated on there board. I'd be ecstatic if we took him!

Athos

Legend
Based on what I know I would not pick him. But I didn't get to interview him. I really thought that entering the draft this year was a very peculiar decision. He had to sit out last season and if he comes back for a year and stays out of trouble and lights it up in Oklahoma then he is a top ten maybe number 1 overall pick. I would like to know why he decided to enter the draft after he sat out a whole year and didn't really get to show his full potential even when at Missouri. Number 1 overall would be way more money than 2nd round.

If I remember correctly, and if you read the story I posted about DGB, he now has a child with his GF. Can't blame a man for wanting to go out and provide for his kid if true. His biological parents were awful. Maybe having a kid of his own will grow him up alone.

beej

Rookie
It could be that getting kicked out of Mizzou was a wake up call for him. He has stayed clean since as far as we know. It would have been publicized if he had flunked a test at the combine.

my biggest concerns with him are work ethic and route running ability. Outstanding talent. He just has to buckle down and put his nose to the grind stone.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If I remember correctly, and if you read the story I posted about DGB, he now has a child with his GF. Can't blame a man for wanting to go out and provide for his kid if true. His biological parents were awful. Maybe having a kid of his own will grow him up alone.
I believe in the article you posted, DGB also wants to help his biological family out financially.

Athos

Legend
I believe in the article you posted, DGB also wants to help his biological family out financially.

Yep. His brother Darnell had cancer that is in remission. Really close from what I remember. I can imagine him wanting to see his brother along, especially if anymore medical problems arise.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That right there is what I was looking to hear. I admittedly dont know much about DGB but if hes as good as advertised...I have zero concern Fish can straighten him out and therefore want the rams to take him....just think we get a dynamic RB because of his injury concern, and a dynamic WR because of off the field concern...sounds good to me

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yep. His brother Darnell had cancer that is in remission. Really close from what I remember. I can imagine him wanting to see his brother along, especially if anymore medical problems arise.
I think the best thing for DGB is a Fisher or Bellicheat.

My knowledge of his skill set comes from a few vids, but fuck. He looks amazing. The softest hands I've seen sense AJ Green.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This prompted me to watch all DGB's youtube highlights (naturally im now an expert on the kid) and.....sign me up. 6'5, 237 running a 4.4 40 and the kid can ball...