Don't want to start a riot..Rams interested?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Re: Don't want to start a riot..BUT

$8m cap hit...no thanks

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

What would he have to give up to get him?

6th or 7th, sure. Anything else would not be good to continue our rebuilding.

Also, there are a ton of QBs coming out, and some good developmental guys.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

El Juggernauto said:
$8m cap hit...no thanks

We wouldn't take a cap hit. New deal sign and trade.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Why would he do that? He can stay out and make $8m. Leave after the season.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

EastRam said:
Rams have no backup QB.

Freeman will be traded.

Why not?

Because there is something called a salary cap. Plus how is an ineffectual QB going to help us??? Or did you think he could play RB???

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Rams will have opportunities to draft a developmental QB next draft.
Plus Freeman isn't that good.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

The timing would just be awful as well. Imagine the headlines just after one of Bradford's worst games as a Ram...

It would be all...Bradford officially bust - Rams give up on Bradford etc.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

El Juggernauto said:
Why would he do that? He can stay out and make $8m. Leave after the season.

If thats the case you may be correct. Freeman did ask to be traded so maybe he's willing.

It's worth a phone call from Snead.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

OnceARam said:
EastRam said:
Rams have no backup QB.

Freeman will be traded.

Why not?

Because there is something called a salary cap. Plus how is an ineffectual QB going to help us??? Or did you think he could play RB???

Thats kinda a smart ass remark but I'll play.

Many ways to work a salary cap. Don't ya think?

Freeman was very effective early.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

EastRam said:
OnceARam said:
EastRam said:
Rams have no backup QB.

Freeman will be traded.

Why not?

Not many ways to work 8 million into the salary cap for a QB that won't play without hurting our cap next year. NO!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

EastRam said:
OnceARam said:
EastRam said:
Rams have no backup QB.

Freeman will be traded.

Why not?

Yeah, it was meant to be offensive while not totally crossing the line. Glad you got that. :D

It's nothing personal though. I just don't think Freeman is the answer. Nor to I view it as plausible. Plus we already have our hands full with a QB that we are trying to prop up so we don't have to go and draft another one. Freeman would just move us away from building anything resembling a coherent football team... of which we are no where near at this point...

jap

Legend

EastRam said:
Rams have no backup QB.

Freeman will be traded.

Why not?
Whatcha talkin' bout, Willis? We've got Kellen Clemens and Johnny Hekker. What more do we really need? :p

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

I can see it happening. Rams have nothing behind Bradford. If they can restructure his contract, and have the Bucs pick up a lot of the cash, they could get him for a 7th rounder. The Bucs are just gonna cut him anyway. Fisher may be a good fit for Freeman. Heck, Fisher won 13 games with VInce Young and Kerry Collins in 2008.

moklerman

Warner-phile

I guess I'll offer my two cents since this is all we've got as Rams fans once again. No, Freeman would not be worth looking at. IMO, getting Freeman means giving up on Bradford and I don't want to re-shift the Rams problems at QB to Freeman. Both QB's are in dire straits right now but Sam is everything you'd want in a QB where Freeman's problem lay.

Sam is a student of the game, hard-working, punctual :), protects the ball and on and on. His glaring weakness has been aggressiveness and I think that can be taught. Not the instinct itself but I think if Sam is given permission to take chances then he will do so.

Honestly, it seems that Bradford is too much of a good soldier. It's a good quality to a point but I think he needs to start challenging authority or something.

fearsomefour

Legend

I loved Freeman when he was coming out and wanted the Rams to draft him and I still say no.

I dont buy the nonsense (in my opinion) with another QB coming shaking the starters confidence ect. They are grown adults and professionals. If their confidence is that shaky they arent going to cut it anyway. A coach should be able to switch QBs every game if he wanted and not have fragile egos come into the fray.

That said, I wouldnt want to bring in a guy who is a head/attitude case. Clearly some issues with this guy. It makes a lot more sense to me to draft a guy a groom him....hopefully with an OC who knows what he is doing.

Besides, Im sure Freeman wants to get traded somewhere to be a starter. Unless someone gets injured I dont thing he moves until the off season.

moklerman

Warner-phile

fearsomefour said:
I loved Freeman when he was coming out and wanted the Rams to draft him and I still say no.

I dont buy the nonsense (in my opinion) with another QB coming shaking the starters confidence ect. They are grown adults and professionals. If their confidence is that shaky they arent going to cut it anyway. A coach should be able to switch QBs every game if he wanted and not have fragile egos come into the fray.

That said, I wouldnt want to bring in a guy who is a head/attitude case. Clearly some issues with this guy. It makes a lot more sense to me to draft a guy a groom him....hopefully with an OC who knows what he is doing.

Besides, Im sure Freeman wants to get traded somewhere to be a starter. Unless someone gets injured I dont thing he moves until the off season.
It shouldn't affect them but it always does. From Waterfield/Brocklin to Meredith/Staubach to Warner/Bulger to now. If you've got two QB's, you've got no QB's.

It shouldn't take bringing in another QB to get Bradford to be more aggressive with the ball. It isn't like he can't read a defense or that he isn't seeing the field, he just doesn't take risks. Just give him permission and that should be enough.

fearsomefour

Legend

moklerman said:
fearsomefour said:

It shouldn't affect them but it always does. From Waterfield/Brocklin to Meredith/Staubach to Warner/Bulger to now. If you've got two QB's, you've got no QB's.

It shouldn't take bringing in another QB to get Bradford to be more aggressive with the ball. It isn't like he can't read a defense or that he isn't seeing the field, he just doesn't take risks. Just give him permission and that should be enough.

Oh I know it can affect them and usually does. But, this is where you get into the spoiled athlete mentality.