Don't Think Pettis Makes the Team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What do you guys think? Dude barely played at all. Didn't get a single catch. Put on twitter "Gets NO luvvv, gets NO luvvv.......SMmfH"

FRO

Legend
As we saw tonight guys get injured. We need him for depth. If he wants to be a malcontent then we can move him, but I would keep him. If he wanted more playing time he should have performed better when he had the chance last year. This is definitely his last year here.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think they will have to keep him thru the loss of Bailey.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Can't blame any player for wanting to be on the field as much as possible and wouldn't want someone who was satisfied to ride the bench, but in a numbers game I have to agree his grip on a roster spot is tenuous. He's steady but has little explosiveness. With what looks like much improvement in our receiver corps this season the competition has never been greater. Probably come down to whether they think Givens speed is a more valuable asset than Pettis' versatility and reliability. When you look at what's left of the Spagvaney 2011 season-ending roster the list keeps getting shorter and shorter:

Bradford, C Long, Laurinaitis, Quinn, Sims, Kendricks, Saffold, Pettis, McQuaide and maybe Reynolds? Did I miss anyone?

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I think they will have to keep him thru the loss of Bailey.

Totally agree with this. With Britt and Quick playing like they did yesterday (both were monsters), it's obvious why Pettis has fallen behind them on the depth chart. But even when Pettis had playing time, nobody was finding him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO until Bailey comes back, he will make the team because I have not seen enough from another wide receiver, however, when Bailey comes back all bets are off.