Don't kill me, but Foles is a bada$$

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can you please share some stats that indicates Bradford is better than Foles?

This is a valid point. Fact is that Foles has already had a season that would have legitimized Sam. He has proven that with the tools around him he can play at an elite level.

Sam has not. The fact that I think Sam still has a higher ceiling is beside the point. It is opinion driven only. And we see that effect here since so many of us harbored those high hopes for him.

But the fact is Sam still has to prove he can play at an elite level and while I do not doubt he does just that in Philly's offense if he can stay healthy acting like he has proven that is wrong imo.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I like Bradford but what kind of impact was he really going to have this year,he hasn't gone up against real action in almost two years by the time the season starts.He would've been coming back from back to back Acl tears,I don't care who you are that going to effect him mentally. This offense needs a fresh start and if Foles doesn't work out for some reason well we have that extra 2nd to move up next year. The cap savings and 4th this year makes this a good trade for us so let's hope for a good year with Foles under center.

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I completely agree with this.. Foles was average last year.. Was it the Kelly (Oregon) system? How does Maclin and the WR crew compare to the Rams WR crew? With 3 QB's (assuming Davis accepts offer), surely one of the 3 will stand out..

The trade opens up cap space and helps the Rams focus on the other needs of the team for the 2015 draft (OL,WR)..
I think WR is one of our strengths. Baily, quick, Britt (hopefully), tavon, and givens...

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Count me as not sold on Foles, he was not very good last year and is almpst as injury prone as Bradford. Still dont like the trade.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not buying the badass bit for one second, he looked like crap last year. I'll wait and see before critiquing the trade. If he plays for the Rams I will root for him after all he is now a Ram but I have said I did not want him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Folds is the Rams QB and Bradford isn't
Time for folks to remember the team we love and drop the allegiance to a player

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Forget the Foles vs. Bradford debate, all I know is Bradford hasn't played the last two years. The real question is how much of an upgrade is Foles over Hill/Davis? A big FUCKING upgrade! Let's go!

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
From Wikipedia:

Foles played his first game with the Eagles in Week 10 of 2012 after regular starter Michael Vick left with an injury and made his first start the following week. In Week 9 of 2013 he became the second NFL quarterback to post a perfect passer rating (158.3) while passing for more than 400 yards, and the first NFL quarterback to post a perfect passer rating and throw seven touchdowns in a single game. It was the 60th time in NFL history a perfect passer rating has been achieved overall. Foles holds the best TD-INT ratio in a single season with 27 touchdown passes and only 2 interceptions, which he accomplished during the 2013 season.

I think we're good. :cool:

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
I'll bet a keg (55 pints) Foles takes us to the playoffs this year! Seriously, we were missing a link and I'm 87.636796426894999 sure he was it!

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
Forget the Foles vs. Bradford debate, all I know is Bradford hasn't played the last two years. The real question is how much of an upgrade is Foles over Hill/Davis? A big freaking upgrade! Let's go!
THATS IT! RIGHT THERE!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Forget the Foles vs. Bradford debate, all I know is Bradford hasn't played the last two years. The real question is how much of an upgrade is Foles over Hill/Davis? A big freaking upgrade! Let's go!
Foles has also yet to play a full season, dont forget that

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
7 TD's in one game just doesn't happen that was 'bad ass' to watch.
That was nice. But the Rams blanked that team and dropped a 50 burger on them in the process too.
Throw 7 against the Seahawks and I'll marry the guy.

Devils advocate..

From last years game..

Austin Davis 29/49 375 yds. 7.73 avg. 103.7 QBR
Nick Foles 24/37 207 yds. 5.60 avg 86.2 QBR
And yes I do remember, we were playing from behind..

And 2014 stats..
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards

My manufacturing background says look at the data.. numbers don't lie.. there are a lot of things a system can cover up whether it's Philly or St Louis.. regardless, with Case, Austin, and Nick.. we have a healthy battle.. no pun intended

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Doesn't really matter how Foles compares to Bradford or anyone else to me, what's done is done and Foles is the guy now, and I think he's plenty good enough to win football games for our team.