Don't kill me, but Foles is a bada$$

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
coming in as a backup and throwing 27 tds and 2 into and going to the probowl isn't a fluke. I don't think chip kelly liked him and had other plans. I am in no way saying he is, but this is really reminding me of the Faulk trade. Faulk didn't mix w the colts and was our missing piece. We were in the playoff hunt going into the last of the season w a 2nd & 3rd string QB. It wasn't until the charger game where we finally lost our chance at the playoffs. All that was missing was a decent qb. Decent QB, Foles is a freaking pro bowler!

Oh and a broken collarbone is a fluke injury.

I looooove Bradford and always hoped for the best w him. But in the back of my mind it's always been a matter of when with him. As bummed as I was last year when he got hurt, I was happy it was in the preseason. I was afraid we'd be 8-4 with the playoffs in sight and he'd go down leaving us 8-8.

Lastly he was paid $16,000,000 for playing 3 preseason quarters. Good for him! But damn we could have used that money! I think Foles is in his contract year and will be playing to get paid!

Ok, I'm done now!

WvuIN02

Starter
I certainly would take Foles over Bradford. Its no surprise when Kelly let Jackson go Foles was going to suffer some. Hopefully Austin can step into that role, and the Rams can find help along the offensive line this off season in the draft.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
We'll see.

Great thing is as you say, he's in a contract year so if he doesn't turn it on, we can cut ties and draft our QBOTF....

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Personally, I'd rather have Bradford. I think he's the better QB and if healthy, he will light it up in Philly

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Totally agree. But we've yet to see him "stay healthy". Although we did see Foles tie the NFL record throwing 7 tds in a single game.
Personally, I'd rather have Bradford. I think he's the better QB and if healthy, he will light it up in Philly

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

I agree as well - he's obviously better. But he hasn't been healthy and we're getting a second round pick in 2016 for him - so its a good trade.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
ArticleNewfoles.jpg

ram007

Starter
I agree as well - he's obviously better. But he hasn't been healthy and we're getting a second round pick in 2016 for him - so its a good trade.

Can you please share some stats that indicates Bradford is better than Foles?

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Not sure why everyone point to Foles year two season ago and seams to forget that last year he was avg throwing 13TD and 10INTS. Not hating on the guy but he has also been injured 4 out of the last 5 years if you include his college days. I do think this was a good move on the part of the Rams especially due to the cap relief that will get the OL FA they need. If you are one of these people thinking Foles is a more talented QB than Bradford then I will take some of what you are drinking. I think Foles is a huge improvement over Hill and Davis and that he can/will lead the Rams to the playoffs.

The Rams are a great fit for Foles seeing that Snisher is building a physical run team that will ask him to play well but not win game all on his own. Foles should also be happy since he was the odd man out in Philly. He now has a chance to be a starter and work for a nice contract next year. I live in the Philly area and can tell you that Foles was a fan fav and they are pissed off! I am collecting their tear to power a wambalance to take to Lincoln Financial!

The Rams, build off the NFC East back! Fleece the Redskins and now plucking the precious feathers off those Birds! Welcome to St Louis Nick Foles!

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure why everyone point to Foles year two season ago and seams to forget that last year he was avg throwing 13TD and 10INTS. Not hating on the guy but he has also been injured 4 out of the last 5 years if you include his college days. I do think this was a good move on the part of the Rams especially due to the cap relief that will get the OL FA they need. If you are one of these people thinking Foles is a more talented QB than Bradford then I will take some of what you are drinking. I think Foles is a huge improvement over Hill and Davis and that he can/will lead the Rams to the playoffs.

The Rams are a great fit for Foles seeing that Snisher is building a physical run team that will ask him to play well but not win game all on his own. Foles should also be happy since he was the odd man out in Philly. He now has a chance to be a starter and work for a nice contract next year. I live in the Philly area and can tell you that Foles was a fan fav and they are pissed off! I am collecting their tear to power a wambalance to take to Lincoln Financial!

The Rams, build off the NFC East back! Fleece the Redskins and now plucking the precious feathers off those Birds! Welcome to St Louis Nick Foles!
We can use their tears to clean our NFC championship trophy!

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
So you would compare just stats ignoring the fact that Foles had Shady McCoy, Maclin, Jackson and Celek in a system new to the NFL. Hey I guess we should only look at RG3's rookie season right? Come on, last year Foles stats were avg at best once DCs studied tape and forced him to throw and move to his left. I am not knocking the guys since I think he is a good QB and will do well in St Louis but saying a guy who has never thrown for 3K years or won a playoff game is the second coming is off. If you look at Bradford's 2013 stats he was off to a great start and extrapolated would have competed even with Foles big year with lesser talent.

I hope Foles lights it up and takes the Rams to the promised land but if he is a top 10 QB I will be thrilled since he is and will be a huge upgrade over Hill and Davis! #inChipwetrustinStLouis!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stats?

8Jl1RUY.png

Those are Kurt Warner's for six years.
Clearly every QB in the universe is better than Warner.

I completely agree with this.. Foles was average last year.. Was it the Kelly (Oregon) system? How does Maclin and the WR crew compare to the Rams WR crew? With 3 QB's (assuming Davis accepts offer), surely one of the 3 will stand out..

The trade opens up cap space and helps the Rams focus on the other needs of the team for the 2015 draft (OL,WR)..