Donovan McNabb on Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

I'm getting the impression that there are a plethora of good QB prospects in this draft, not just in the first round. With guys like Wilson and Foles doing well, it shows it's becoming more possible to get a good QB outside the first round. And this draft looks to have more prospects than past years.

Lesson

Oh, really?
He did say one thing that is pertinent.

McNabb said it's very important that your QB is there playing. If the team isn't sure they can depend on you being there, there is no confidence the the QB will grow with the team.

Actually, Tarkington said the same thing before the season started. He said Sam must stay healthy and stay on the field.

I have no confidence that Sam can play more than one 16 game season in a row. He's never done it.

Snead was big on performance being related to staying healthy. It makes you wonder how much longer they stick with Sam.

Anyone who thinks Sam is just gonna come back next year and the risk of him going down again is no higher than any other QB is beng overly optimistic.

They probably will stick with Sam next year, but my guess is that inside the building, they aren't sold on his durability. And if they don't extend his contract next year that will be an indication that they are more worried about him then they are letting on.

I recognize Bradford's injury history, and he has missed time, but I don't really think there's much he could have done to avoid the 2 injuries that have caused him to miss time.

The injury in 2011 was exacerbated by the fact that the coaching staff, IMO, was coaching for their jobs. As a result, when Sam sprained his ankle on the last play of the game vs Green Bay, the coaches didn't rest him for one week and exacerbated the injury.

This year, he ran to the sideline and somehow his leg planted weirdly.

None of the injuries he's suffered in the NFL, knock on wood, have been shoulder injuries or any sort of injury that has been frequent(i.e:Concussions, anything regarding his shoulder, etc.).

I still think Bradford can play at least 2 full seasons back to back, but the earliest we'll find out is 2015.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I recognize Bradford's injury history, and he has missed time, but I don't really think there's much he could have done to avoid the 2 injuries that have caused him to miss time.

The injury in 2011 was exacerbated by the fact that the coaching staff, IMO, was coaching for their jobs. As a result, when Sam sprained his ankle on the last play of the game vs Green Bay, the coaches didn't rest him for one week and exacerbated the injury.

This year, he ran to the sideline and somehow his leg planted weirdly.

None of the injuries he's suffered in the NFL, knock on wood, have been shoulder injuries or any sort of injury that has been frequent(i.e:Concussions, anything regarding his shoulder, etc.).

I still think Bradford can play at least 2 full seasons back to back, but the earliest we'll find out is 2015.

Well, I think he gets one more chance. The next time Sam goes down, even if he's struck by lightning, I think they will go in another direction.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
In the interest of board harmony I would like to say, the day Jeff Fisher confides in Donovan McNabb , Stu will have a real live specimen on display at his BBQ emporium

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
In the interest of board harmony I would like to say, the day Jeff Fisher confides in Donovan McNabb , Stu will have a real live specimen on display at his BBQ emporium

I think McNabb's Wonderlic score was a single digit. He's dumber than an tic tac.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Not a McNabb fan in any way, but please keep in mind that in spite of his single digit wonderlic score (if that's true) he does have more direct access to NFL "inside" info (from players, coaches, player personnel, etc...) than anyone posting on this board.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think McNabb's Wonderlic score was a single digit. He's dumber than an tic tac.
Yeah but sometimes a Tic Tac is nice, once in a while he says something entertaining ,but yeah let's his mouth WAY THE HELL OVERLOAD HIS ASS

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Not a McNabb fan in any way, but please keep in mind that in spite of his single digit wonderlic score (if that's true) he does have more direct access to NFL "inside" info (from players, coaches, player personnel, etc...) than anyone posting on this board.

Yeah, but can you rely on him transmitting the info accurately? It's like the telephone game on steroids. You tell McNabb one thing and he relays it to someone else very differently.

Don't get me wrong. I listened to him and thought he had a good point about Bradford needing to stay healthy (which I heard before by others), but his opinions on what the Rams are going to do are no better than yours or mine.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

I dug it up. McNabb's wonderlic was reported to be 14. I heard he lost his pencil during the test.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I can see drafting a new backup and developmental QB, but trading SB would be hitting the reset button on this team. I can't see that happening next season with the promise of SBs level of play if he can stay healthy.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the O so much, except perhaps to shore up the line, and look to build an elite D. It's not like Schotty is going to use a power O anyways.

fatkook

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i say trade him. make Tavon the QB.

…..

Legend
I cant listen to McNabb...he a fuckin idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

A55VA6

Legend
I've always hated McNabb. Almost as much as I hate RG-3 and out. Bradford may not be the answer long term, but he's definitely our QB next year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I hear it alot from non Rams fans and media. Sorry,but i don't consider Bradford an injury-prone guy(since he became a Ram).

2010 played full 16

2011 missed 6 games playing behind an awful OLine and offensive scheme. Sacked 36 times in 10 games :wow:

2012 played full 16

2013 will miss 9 games due to what i'd call a shithappens injury.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I cant listen to McNabb...he a fukken idiot.
I agree. Doesn't belong on tv or radio evaluating anything. He's just throwing darts in an inarticulate manner.