Donald already impressing at Rams camp/ESPN/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That's a byproduct of all the overhyping of other players. Some very good players fall through no fault of their own. The Rams, consequently, ended up with two potential blue chip players in Round One. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:
As in J Clown, I wouldn't take an even trade Clowney for Donald

nighttrain

Legend
My gripe is the total lack of push up the middle and that lack has, IMO, greatly reduced the effectiveness of our pass rush. Weakness and incompatibility are synonyms to me in this situation. So while Lankford's play might look good in isolation, come game time I frequently don't like what I see.

Because we finished in the top 3 in sacks the last two years many don't think we have a problem on the line but considering how much resources we put into it (4 first rounders after drafting Donald) we are under performing IMO. I'm tired of the opposing QB just stepping up into the pocket and dumping a pass off to one of their wide open WRs. The issue is the middle of the D-line and I'm not buying Brocker's play as being the culprit. Now that we have Donald, the former deficiencies of the D-line will stand out like a sore thumb.

That's my prediction anyway.
I certainly am hoping Donald helps the D as much as you do Alan, but I think a large part of the issue you refer to was Tim McDonalds Defensive game plan. if your D-backs lay off receivers 10 yards they're gonna get beat, even if you have the equivalent of the Fearsome Foursome up front..Me, I want our DB's to step to the level of the other parts of the defense, but bless Donald if he helps in the plan
train

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Great German minds think alike. And after winning the World Cup, everyone else must agree with us on everything for the next four years.

And yes [COLOR=#ff0000]@LazyWinker[/COLOR] I was being quite serious. The italics were used to differentiate my comments from the ones in the quoted article.

Gotcha. I just can't imagine Donald being the type of person to do something incredibly stupid though. He just seems like he eats, sleeps, and lives football. I could be wrong but I get the impression that he rather have been in the gym than on the lake.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
My gripe is the total lack of push up the middle and that lack has, IMO, greatly reduced the effectiveness of our pass rush. Weakness and incompatibility are synonyms to me in this situation. So while Lankford's play might look good in isolation, come game time I frequently don't like what I see.

Because we finished in the top 3 in sacks the last two years many don't think we have a problem on the line but considering how much resources we put into it (4 first rounders after drafting Donald) we are under performing IMO. I'm tired of the opposing QB just stepping up into the pocket and dumping a pass off to one of their wide open WRs. The issue is the middle of the D-line and I'm not buying Brocker's play as being the culprit. Now that we have Donald, the former deficiencies of the D-line will stand out like a sore thumb.

That's my prediction anyway.
I think you're right regarding an interior push and I hope/believe that changes this year. If it does the NFL sack record could be in jeopardy. And while I will agree that Langford has not played to an All Pro level I still believe he's earned his keep in STL. That being said, I'm all in favor of an upgrade.:cheers:

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Great German minds think alike. And after winning the World Cup, everyone else must agree with us on everything for the next four years.

And yes [COLOR=#ff0000]@LazyWinker[/COLOR] I was being quite serious. The italics were used to differentiate my comments from the ones in the quoted article.

Jet skis, without question the most dangerous thing in the water...

Alan

Legend
nighttrain with my other pet peeve:
I certainly am hoping Donald helps the D as much as you do Alan, but I think a large part of the issue you refer to was Tim McDonalds Defensive game plan. if your D-backs lay off receivers 10 yards they're gonna get beat, even if you have the equivalent of the Fearsome Foursome up front..Me, I want our DB's to step to the level of the other parts of the defense, but bless Donald if he helps in the plan
OH YEAH!!!!
Totally agree with what you're saying about the scheme problems and I think that's 65% of the problem. Nothing Donald can do will have much effect if we still scheme our D like we did the last TWO years. It's the other 35% is what I'm bitching about train.

nighttrain

Legend
OH YEAH!!!!
Totally agree with what you're saying about the scheme problems and I think that's 65% of the problem. Nothing Donald can do will have much effect if we still scheme our D like we did the last TWO years. It's the other 35% is what I'm bitching about train.
understand and agree
train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The more you see of Donald ....this smaller shorter DL'er the better he looks. I was very happy with our two starting DT's in Langford & Brockers in 2013. I was also happy with both Hayes & Sims to rotate in when needed....So a first day DL'er draft pick IMO was not close to the Rams needs like OL'ers. So it was a super surprise to me that Aaron Donald fell into Sneads arms! I was thinking more in line of a selection of two OL'ers with our two 1st rounders.

I will not be surprised if we see Donald playing all four DL positions just like he did in college and maybe the nose if GW has some 3 DL line schemes in the book just for Donald. Thinking he is just a DT is putting some limits on abilities IMO. I really believe it will be very hard for GW to keep AD on the bench.

Sure we needed that swing OT like Zack Martin in the worse way with that #13 pick....as my mind works but I am happy as can be with AD!

Athos

Legend
Makes me giddy to see this D line come together in a real game.

My thoughts when I first considered Donald at 13 before the draft was that he'd be our own Sheldon Richardson.

He may very well be even better. Pairing bullet train speed and mack truck strength in a DT in Donald with Mountain Man Brockers, with Black Lightning and White Thunder, QBs and RBs are going to see a level of brutality they haven't seen before in their lives.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Donald needs a nickname in the Storm defense.

Is "chocolate rain" out of the question? Can't you just hear the loud speakers blurting this one out every time he makes a play?

Athos

Legend
Watching his highlights....dude almost seems like he's in the backfield before the whistle is blown. That's crazy talk.

Chocolate Rain?

Shit dude.

Just call him the RAIN MAKER!

Because, when he isn't getting sacks, he'll be creating sacks for Quin and Long and Brockers.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Donald needs a nickname in the Storm defense.

Is "chocolate rain" out of the question? Can't you just hear the loud speakers blurting this one out every time he makes a play?

@12intheBox , my man! You have some great football insight and I enjoy your posts, but music is not your forte...:snicker:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Watching his highlights....dude almost seems like he's in the backfield before the whistle is blown. That's crazy talk.

Chocolate Rain?

crap dude.

Just call him the RAIN MAKER!

Because, when he isn't getting sacks, he'll be creating sacks for Quin and Long and Brockers.

I'll admit that Rain Maker is way cooler than Chocolate Rain - but where are you going to get a catchy song that can be played over and over again in the Ed like I have?

Athos

Legend
I'll admit that Rain Maker is way cooler than Chocolate Rain - but where are you going to get a catchy song that can be played over and over again in the Ed like I have?

Sorry, bro. I gotta agree with the dude above. That's not catchy. That's just straight up painful cheese.

Just play the Jaws theme super loud.

Or, play Matchbox 20's "Real World."

Go from

"I wonder what it's like to be the rainmaker
I wonder what it's like to know that I make the rain
I'd store it in boxes with little yellow tags on everyone
And you can come see them when I'm...done, when I'm
Done "

Into the Jaws theme. Catch phrase can be "Donald don't need to wonder. Donald IS the MF-ing RAINMAKER!"

Yellow tags being body bag tags for all the players that get carted off after facing the Rams D.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If Quinns numbers take a dip, it just might be Aaron Donalds fault...

Both Q and D get to the QB as fast as any pass rushers I have seen.

QBDL: QuarterBacksDontLast!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Quinns numbers take a dip, it just might be Aaron Donalds fault...

Both Q and D get to the QB as fast as any pass rushers I have seen.

QBDL: QuarterBacksDontLast!
OR..Donald may cause Long and Quinn to get even more sacks, because Donald is flushing QB's from the pocket...75 sacks this YEAR!!!!!:rockon: