Dominique Easley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wrstdude

Rookie
He's getting a ton of love on twitter. I know he's coming off a knee/ACL? injury, but I don't know where he's projected because of that. School me on him for those of you who are more knowledgeable. I'm a Donald honk, but would he be a nice consolation in the 2nd/3rd if he falls that far?

Didn't have a good 2012, was a beast and the leader of our D in 2013, has had ACL injures on both knees, if he can stay healthy he'd be a steal in the third.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Didn't have a good 2012, was a beast and the leader of our D in 2013, has had ACL injures on both knees, if he can stay healthy he'd be a steal in the third.

You think he will last that long? I thought he was gonna be an early 2nd rounder.

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You think he will last that long? I thought he was gonna be an early 2nd rounder.

That was kind of my thought too. I could pass on Donald @ 13 if I knew I could get him in the 3rd. I'd go:

OL
CB
S
Easley

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Rams prospect profile: Dominique Easley
May, 1, 2014
By Nick Wagoner | ESPN.com

DOMINIQUE EASLEY

Position: Defensive tackle

School: University of Florida

Height/Weight: 6-foot-1 3/4, 288 pounds

Projected round: 2 or 3

Pros: Incredibly explosive off the snap with a relentless motor, Easley plays all out all the time. He pursues the run from the backside with reckless abandon and has outstanding get off at the snap. Easley is able to generate consistent pressure and penetrates gaps with relative ease. He has quick, violent hands which help him disengage from blockers. After some early maturity questions, he developed into a leader and a team captain in his final season. Easley combines elite ability with an elite motor to make him the ideal three-technique tackle in a 4-3 defense.

Cons: The biggest red flag here has nothing to do with his play but injury history. He tore his right ACL in 2013 and his left one in 2011. He also missed some time in 2012 though he mostly managed to stay on the field that season with a few exceptions. His hand size and arm length are below average for his position. Easley also has a tendency to miss tackles he should make even after moving quickly to put himself in position to make the play. It is hard to pick apart much of his game but durability clearly is the main concern.

Fit with Rams: The Rams have made it abundantly clear they want to upgrade their depth and rotation at defensive tackle and the one thing lacking from that mix is a pass-rushing type who can play the three technique. Assuming the Rams don't surprise and take someone like Pitt's Aaron Donald in the first round, Easley would make sense in the middle rounds.

St. Louis has a solid duo with Kendall Langford and Michael Brockers starting and signed Alex Carrington in free agency but Carrington only signed a one-year deal and Langford has just two years left on his contract. The Rams reportedly brought Easley in for a pre-draft visit so they have at least some interest in drafting him. So long as they're comfortable with his medical status, Easley could turn out to be a real bargain by bringing first-round talent at mid-round prices.

He said it: Easley on never watching much football despite playing the sport -- "Just because you're not watching football doesn't mean you don't love football," Easley said at the combine. "I have another life also."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
flag-red.png
Multiple knee injuries
flag-red.png
Too short
flag-red.png
Played at Florida
flag-red.png
Has a life outside of football

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If we dont grab Donald in the 1st, I would have no problem grabbing him with one of our 2nd rounders. He is crazy explosive off the line. His knee injury history is a worry though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a lot like Donald. Extremely disruptive. But a DT with bad knees is a major concern.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
If we dont grab Donald in the 1st, I would have no problem grabbing him with one of our 2nd rounders. He is crazy explosive off the line. His knee injury history is a worry though.

Yo Tron, with one of our 2nd rounders? Now how exactly do you know what Snead has in place already ? :D

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yo Tron, with one of our 2nd rounders? Now how exactly do you know what Snead has in place already ? :D

Made a couple calls and made sure they knew exactly what to do of course lol.

Just my hopeful thinking :LOL:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would just prefer that we just pass on him just way too much stuff here. Even all my Gator fans would be cautious to say too much here. And like X said he is from UF....