Dominique Easley shares video of himself running at Rams facility

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I just ran across this & thought it might be interesting to the forum. Its about a month old. I hated to see Dom go down again in TC last year. I have no ideal if the Rams will bring him back. I would hope he would join back with the Rams @ a econo price but there is no reason to do that if he gets better offers elsewhere.

By: Cameron DaSilva | February 14, 2018

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...-rams-dominique-easley-recovery-knee-running/

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJjT7dF2vZ/?utm_source=ig_embed

Dominique Easley was supposed to be a huge part of the Rams’ defense in 2017 after putting together a strong season one year prior. He played all 16 games for the first time in his career, recording 35 tackles and 3.5 sacks despite not starting a single game.

Unfortunately, he suffered yet another knee injury, tearing his ACL in the Rams’ first full practice of training camp. He, of course, missed the entire season, and now he’s set to be a free agent. It’s hard to know what the Rams will do with him this offseason, but he’s on the road to recovery.

Easley posted a video of himself running at the Rams’ facility Tuesday, showing he’s well into the rehab process.Easley would be a nice rotational player on the Rams’ defensive line, joining Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers. Of course, that’s only if he can stay healthy, which is a big question at this point in his career.He’s played just 38 games in four seasons, so durability is a major concern.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
That's good to see, I would be interested in bringing him back if he passes medical etc.

We need a legit starting NT instead of playing this other guys at NT that don't fit like last year.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what's he running on? Doesn't look like water LOL. What's he got over there?!

TexasRam

Legend
That's good to see, I would be interested in bringing him back if he passes medical etc.

We need a legit starting NT instead of playing this other guys at NT that don't fit like last year.

I don’t think he can play NT. He’s only 285 lbs. maybe move Brockers back inside, if we can get a solid DE back in rotation.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He was not a fit in New England when they were running a 3-4. Wonder if he can make it work here

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
what's he running on? Doesn't look like water LOL. What's he got over there?!
Those machines control your gravity/weight, it's good to see him running a little, but he is a long way off, if it's his first day back. Yes, very similar to running in the water. He got hurt very early last season.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Was a fine player as a DT in a 4/3.

Be a solid backup at either DE in a 3/4 and maybe a NT on sure passing downs.

Multiple knee injuries always a concern.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm a little biased rooting for Easley to come back and and play some snaps in 2018 like he did for our Rams in 2016.

Living in Florida and having seen him play his best snaps for the Gators, Patriots and Rams, I always thought he was a high end talent.

The damn injury bug bites too many good football players with a high ceiling like his.

Not sure if he fits for Wade or if he's worth another shot from the Rams brass perspective but we all know he will get signed by an NFL team if he passes his physical.

Good luck and keep fighting Dominique..

I will always remember his pre-snap roll in his Florida days.

EasleyRollLineFlaTenn.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He was not a fit in New England when they were running a 3-4. Wonder if he can make it work here

Well, considering that Wade's 3-4 is really different from Belichick's... if the Rams bring him back (likely on a 1 year prove it deal) then I'm in.

Easley's get off is damn good...or was. If he's good to go, it'll be good to have depth at the DE position and I could see Easley being the NT on passing downs.

Good Lord... Brockers, Easley and Donald on a 3rd and 8? That's just plain unfair...and I love it!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really thought that Dom Easley 2016 performance show'd the NFL world he was worthy of considerations to be a starter. I am not 100% sure on this but my understanding was @ the time of the injury Dom was getting most of his practice time @ the 3 tech Aaron Donald post while AD was MIA. If anyone else has any info on this please let me know.

First I highly doubt that Wade will return Micheal Brockers back to the NT post as many has suggested. MB lost close to 30 lbs in the off season of 2017 I believe with the purpose to play the DE post in Wade's 34 D. MB playing performance was seriously improved @ his new post. Why would Wade move a player out of his best playing position? Wade has a vast history of placing players in positions so they can be their best.

This bring me back to Dom Easley ....is there a need for a back up @ the two positions that line up next to the NT? :thinking:

Snead resigned Ethan Westbrooks in 2017/2018 seasons he was the starter @ the DE post before moving into the NT post. EW stands an excellent chance to not be involved in the NT post in 2018. Thus he would return to back up both MB & AD. EW is under contract for a lower moderate price range for a 5 yr vet. He is in full health & has never had a major injury.

Morgan Fox was active for all 17 games in 2017 & played well in the rotational role that Wade place him in. Fox is much better @ pass rushing than run support. Fox is under contract for this upcoming season.He is signed for an Econo price salary. Fox is also injury free & show'd improve with more playing time.

Snead drafted Tanzel Smart in the 6th round last draft. TS is under 6-1 & approx 290 lbs. He is playing under the low cost rookie contract & is here until 2020. TS was playing a ton of NT early last season behind Brockers along with Tyrunn Walker but Walker was released for a while. Smart eventually worked himself in behind AD as his relief. TS is also fully healthy & has remained that way in the NFL.

The needed improvement for this DL is @ the NT position not the other two DL posts. It would appear to me, Snead has provided Wade with Five DL'ers for the upcoming season & none should be involved with the NT post unless being in those special rush packages. Thus we need an influx of NT's added to this team. Why use $$$ on a Non NT DL'er???The only listed NT is the under 6-3 315 plus pound Omarius Bryant & he has yet to suit up in a regular season game. I see no reason @ this time to entertain Dom Easley return unless its a econo low end contract...that would seem highly unlikely IMO.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Agreed but he was barely ok. He struggled. Injuries and attitude where a factor too, agreed. But like most players that leave NE, it’s percieved to be “attitude”. That’s just how BB likes to sell things. All the beat writers called him a bad fit scheme wise.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Well, considering that Wade's 3-4 is really different from Belichick's... if the Rams bring him back (likely on a 1 year prove it deal) then I'm in.

Easley's get off is damn good...or was. If he's good to go, it'll be good to have depth at the DE position and I could see Easley being the NT on passing downs.

Good Lord... Brockers, Easley and Donald on a 3rd and 8? That's just plain unfair...and I love it!

I don’t mind bringing him back in a very team friendly deal, but I don’t expect him to make much impact. Would love to be wrong as it would mean better line play, but between the amount of injuries he has suffered and scheme I am not expecting much.

Ram65

Legend

I don’t mind bringing him back in a very team friendly deal, but I don’t expect him to make much impact. Would love to be wrong as it would mean better line play, but between the amount of injuries he has suffered and scheme I am not expecting much.

Two different but good thoughts on Easley.

The injuries are a concern. I guess with a minimum type contract not too much to lose. Considering the Rams were a little thin on the DL and pass rush I would bring him into camp with no/small guaranteed money. He has a great get off but, lacks power to play NT other than on passing downs. I also thought he wasn't as explosive after 20 snaps or so. Seem to lose that quickness. I really like what he brought to the Rams in the 4-3 where he could use that quickness in the middle. Might be limited in the 3-4.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
FWIW, Easley was on the Rams sideline with his teammates for every home game.(without a cane or brace) and he says his surgery and reconstruction was successful, and his knee is stronger than when he started TC last year. He intends to make a comeback and participate in OTA's and TC (with the Rams?).

There was one game, can't remember which, someone stuck a mic in his face and he spoke about coming back for 30 seconds or so.

Not sure how Wade, McSnead look at Easley's situation, but if he' good to go, Easley would be at least good for the DL rotation.

Name
Rod
One of the saddest things that I have ever seen since I have become a pro-football fan is that there are people out their who have immense football talent. I'm talking about strength, reflexes, speed, intelligence and lack a football body. A body that just does not hold up to the rigors of football. It's hard to see see these guys break down, but it happens.