Dome Deal May Be Revealed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FOX 2 News
http://fox2now.com/2012/05/07/fox-2-get ... dome-deal/

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster has announced that he will honor a Sunshine law request from FOX 2 News. On May 3rd FOX 2 reporter Charles Jaco sent a records request for correspondence regarding plans to upgrade and improve the dome. Now, information about the Rams request for Edward Jones upgrades from the CVC will be released. The details will be announced on Monday May, 14th 2012.

On May 1st the Rams to submitted a counter-proposal to the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission for improvements to the Edward Jones Dome. The St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission says it has received and is reviewing the St. Louis Rams alternative plan to upgrade Edward Jones Dome.

The St. Louis Rams released a statement concerning their counter proposal for Edward Jones Dome improvements on May 1st. The statement from the St. Louis Rams said, “This morning the Rams submitted the club’s proposed plans to make the Edward Jones Dome a First Tier NFL stadium. Our lease sets forth a procedure and process to bring the Edward Jones Dome up to the First Tier standard. The process and procedure is confidential under the parties’ agreements, and the Rams will continue to respect those confidentiality obligations.”

The Rams have already rejected a proposal by the CVC. The Convention and Visitors Commission is the public agency which operates the Dome.

steferfootball

Starter
Anywho, I wonder what can be done to put the dome at top teir. I think the glass roof would be cool. A big jumbotron would be cool - something like Dallas, where the bigger scree won't take up seats.

Its kinda hard to be top tear with a renovation when everyone and their dog is building retractable roofs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I have to be honest about this whole "dome situation." I don't really give a shit. This is one of those things that's important, but at the same time, doesn't interest me at all. I only posted it because it's relevant. I don't know why I'm so removed from the situation, but I am. I just can't find it in myself to care. Presumably because I don't live in St Louis or Los Angeles I guess.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
Well, I have to be honest about this whole "dome situation." I don't really give a shyte. This is one of those things that's important, but at the same time, doesn't interest me at all. I only posted it because it's relevant. I don't know why I'm so removed from the situation, but I am. I just can't find it in myself to care. Presumably because I don't live in St Louis or Los Angeles I guess.
I pretty much agree. I've been to the dome a number of times, and I think it is fine. I mean it isn't even twenty years old. I know it is just business, but still.

I hope they don't strap taxes on taxpayers for this. They should focus on filling seats by putting together a good team first. Apparently we just experienced the worst 5 year stretch of football in NFL history. In a league with the Browns and Lions, that is sayin' something.

That said, I want a deal to be done so we can get rid of the relocation talks.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Hopefully the Rams count proposal is semi-reasonable.

I'm not saying that because I live in St. Louis and am a Rams fan, but I think that it could possibly help ticket sales if the plan pleases most of the fan base in St. Louis. If not, attendance could be impacted by it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I would like them to fix the lighting in the dome... You can see on TV, it just looks horrible compared to other places.. Including other domes.

Other than that, I don't really care.

Personally I think a glass roof, and real grass (that can be taken out like Dallas obviously) would be good for me.

steferfootball

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
I would like them to fix the lighting in the dome... You can see on TV, it just looks horrible compared to other places.. Including other domes.

Personally I think a glass roof, and real grass (that can be taken out like Dallas obviously) would be good for me.
I'd like the endzone to be colored. I like the design they had that had the arch in it.

Lesson

Oh, really?
bluecoconuts said:

Lighting isn't that huge of an issue in person. Dunno how others view it on T.V. I think it just looks like any other domed stadium in the NFL.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
BuiltRamTough said:
The Rams should come to LA better fans here

I can't agree with that. A good amount of us (including me) aren't from Los Angeles. Quite a few of us aren't from St. Louis. Half of the people here reside in a state that isn't Missouri or California. A few of us don't even live in the United States and have still found a way to follow their team. I don't buy the thought that anyone here is better or worse than anyone else. After all, at the end of the day, we all bleed the colors of our beloved Rams, do we not?

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
BuiltRamTough said:

I can't agree with that. A good amount of us (including me) aren't from Los Angeles. Quite a few of us aren't from St. Louis. Half of the people here reside in a state/country that isn't Missouri or California. I don't buy the thought that anyone here is better or worse than anyone else. After all, at the end of the day, we all bleed the colors of our beloved Rams, do we not?
I don't know too much about LA fans, so I can't comment there, but St. Louis fans are good. Look how they support the Cardinals.

It so happens that that the Rams just experienced the worst 5 year streak of any NFL team ever. Most franchises would have trouble selling that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BuiltRamTough said:
I don't know about all that, but I do know (and Selassie can back me on this) that Florida Rams fans smoke all of you. Maybe Kroenke should move the Rams down here, and L.A. can have the Dolphins. Hell, I'll even throw in the Jags to sweeten the pot.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
BuiltRamTough said:
I don't know about all that, but I do know (and Selassie can back me on this) that Florida Rams fans smoke all of you. Maybe Kroenke should move the Rams down here, and L.A. can have the Dolphins. Hell, I'll even throw in the Jags to sweeten the pot.

Ha,,, I wasn't even going to say anything ... but now that you mention it. I was thinking the same thing X. Bring the Rams down to F-L-A ! :mrgreen:

I will be happy when the uncertainty about the move finally ends. I feel for the Fans in STL and LA. This black cloud hovers over us and just continues to create shit between loyal Ram Fans. We can "thank" john FUCKING shaw for this,,, his dysfunction still lingers over the Rams like a SBD fart.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't know what the dome lighting is like IN the dome, as I have never been there...but on TV it comes across as bleak and dark as any venue I have ever seen. For some reason it wasn't as bad in our old colors, because they contrasted so nicely, but these newer (relatively speaking) dark uni's just add to the effect. Since I may only attend a few games ever in the dome, THAT would be my biggest hope in the renovation...more natural light will make the games that much better even on TV.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I live in LA I was sad to see them move to the Lou but I got over it once the season started I honestly don't care where they but it would be exciting to see them move back here I mean new stadium etc that would be fun

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
BuiltRamTough said:
I live in LA I was sad to see them move to the Lou but I got over it once the season started I honestly don't care where they but it would be exciting to see them move back here I mean new stadium etc that would be fun

All of that's perfectly understandable. I just hope that there's a situation that could work out for all parties involved.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
BuiltRamTough said:

The few of us that are up here represent pretty well in the NW. You guys down in FL get bored too easily. :neener:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[2]02MnBuNDr_Ed8stbwssNuKuJ0T24qkmg[/2]

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– Fox 2 can now give you exclusive details about the secret Rams counter-offer to upgrade the Edward Jones Dome.

We all find out complete details of the Rams wish list on Monday. That’s when Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster will make all the details public, thanks to a state Sunshine Law request made by Fox 2. But we have a few details of what the Rams want. And they’re sure to raise the roof.

Sources tell Fox 2 News that the biggest part of what the Rams want, involves tearing out the current roof on the dome and installing a retractable roof.

Construction experts have told us in the past that putting in such a roof would be almost impossible without major structural changes to the dome building itself, very expensive changes.

The Dallas Cowboys new stadium has a billion dollar facility with a retractable roof. Experts claim retrofitting an existing building with a retractable roof could cost between $200 and 300 million for the roof itself and other changes to the building.

Sources say we don’t know how much this would actually cost, since the Rams did not include any cost estimates in their proposal.

The Rams lease at the dome says the team is free to leave St. Louis in January 2015 if the dome is not among the top facilities in the National Football League.

The Rams rejected an offer from the Convention and Visitor’s Commission to spend $124 million to upgrade the dome, half from taxpayers, half from the team. The Rams rejected that.

And this is their counter-offer. If the CVC rejects this proposal, which is pretty likely, then both sides go to arbitration June 15th.

A former economist for the St. Louis Federal Reserve tells Fox two that taxpayers spending hundreds of millions for Rams dome upgrades doesn’t make economic sense.

We’ll find out the full details of the Rams proposal when the attorney general makes the information available on Monday.

ZGare

UDFA
By going really big, rather than reasonable, I think it is clear that the Rams plan to get out of this lease and move to LA or London. Good luck selling tickets in St. Louis for the next 3 years. Anyone want to buy my PSL?

The Rams were going to have trouble selling tickets in St. Louis anyway. Now this. They didn't draft a guy that will sell tickets and excite the fans. With no elite receiver, the offense will likely be anemic again this year. The Rams have had nearly the worst home record of any team in NFL history for the last few years.

Its a sad day for St. Louis football fans.

steferfootball

Starter
"But we have a few details of what the Rams want. And they’re sure to raise the roof."

Literally, or figuratively? :razzed:

edit: nvmd