Dolphins willing to pay Saffold big money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay. Then lets pay Saffold big money to play OG too and point out the shitstorm in Miami.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
When a player really likes the team he's on but goes to a worse team solely for money, he's a money whore.

Steven Jackson is not a money whore.

Albert Pujols is.

Saffold will be, most likely.

I wouldn't be if the deal was fair and I wouldn't be downgrading teams like STL vs MIA. No question the Rams are better than MIA.
There was reason for Saffold to not "really like" us the second he lost the LT job without a competition. And what if he thinks his going to Miami will MAKE them better? And other people have pointed out the idea that Miami might let him be an LT. We will not. Even if Long's hurt, many advocate getting ANOTHER tackle and Saffold would still likely not even be allowed to compete for LT.

But even all that aside, at the end of the day, it's a business for them. Are you going to tell me you'd never leave your job for a "worse" job that paid a lot more? Especially if we're talking about MILLIONS? It's easy for us to like the Rams over anyone else when it doesn't cost us a cent to do so.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Don't really want to get into a bidding war with Miami on this one. Saffold is going to go for the best contract he can get. It may not come down to money if there is not a big difference. But if Miami is willing to shell out big bucks to get him, he almost HAS to go for the money. He may be confident that he's healthy now and all but his history certainly doesn't guarantee a long career. Regardless, I don't see how anyone could begrudge the guy for making as much money as possible - especially considering his potentially short career window.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
There was reason for Saffold to not "really like" us the second he lost the LT job without a competition. And what if he thinks his going to Miami will MAKE them better? And other people have pointed out the idea that Miami might let him be an LT. We will not. Even if Long's hurt, many advocate getting ANOTHER tackle and Saffold would still likely not even be allowed to compete for LT.

But even all that aside, at the end of the day, it's a business for them. Are you going to tell me you'd never leave your job for a "worse" job that paid a lot more? Especially if we're talking about MILLIONS? It's easy for us to like the Rams over anyone else when it doesn't cost us a cent to do so.

Who cares... Saffold is a whore if he leaves. It's a done deal!

Quit trying to tweak my words when they're fine the way they are.

I stopped at "like us" because you already did it in another post. Annoying...

My message is clear

Last edited:

Ram_of_Old

Saffold would be worth big money if he could stay on the field. I hope we don't break the bank trying to outbid the Fins.

jap

Legend
Saffold would be worth big money if he could stay on the field. I hope we don't break the bank trying to outbid the Fins.

Didn't the 'Phins outbid us on the The Fisher King and Big Bad Jake? Didn't they prefer us anyway? That has got to be sticking in their craw! :ROFLMAO:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I love Saffold at Guard and hate to see him go but with his injury history and his price tag seemingly going up up up, I'd have to wave goodbye, spend the money on Verner or Byrd, and draft OL relatively high a couple of times in this year's draft. And then I would wish Saffold the best with his new team so we could get a solid Comp pick for his loss.

Ram_of_Old

I love Saffold at Guard and hate to see him go but with his injury history and his price tag seemingly going up up up, I'd have to wave goodbye, spend the money on Verner or Byrd, and draft OL relatively high a couple of times in this year's draft. And then I would wish Saffold the best with his new team so we could get a solid Comp pick for his loss.

Sort of a replay of the Amendola going to the Putriots. He also could not stay on the field.

wrstdude

Rookie
Just read on twitter that Saffold to Raiders for $8 million/year...got the money, but went to an inept team.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm a money whore.

Anyone here that wants to say they aren't I'd like to hear from you right now.

wrstdude

Rookie
I'm a money whore.

Anyone here that wants to say they aren't I'd like to hear from you right now.

Didn't say I wouldn't do the same. Easy to lose when you bring home a fat paycheck every week.

Looks like OL will be taken early now.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If true I'm relieved. 8 mill a year for an injury waiting to happen is a contract I'm glad we avoided. Best of luck to saffold, seemed to be a stand up guy. :effemine:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If true I'm relieved. 8 mill a year for an injury waiting to happen is a contract I'm glad we avoided. Best of luck to saffold, seemed to be a stand up guy. :effemine:

Co-sign.

PhxRam

Drives me crazy when people talk about these guys like they are doing something they would not do themselves. What you call a "money whore" is a guy being in a position of power. So be it. Everyone who trades their time for money could be defined as a money whore. A guy who flips burgers (or whatever) is easily replaced....no bargaining power.
Saffold is in the position of power likely for the only time in his career. He has a very valued skill set and is young. I want the Rams to keep him but he would be sort of foolish to not take the money....same goes for any of us.
Supply and demand, plain and simple.

good post dude..

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When a player really likes the team he's on but goes to a worse team solely for money, he's a money whore.

Steven Jackson is not a money whore.

Albert Pujols is.

Saffold will be, most likely.

I wouldn't be if the deal was fair and I wouldn't be downgrading teams like STL vs MIA. No question the Rams are better than MIA.

i'm not sure about you but if I've got job offers for $50k and $100k a year, I'm probably gonna take the $100k..that's not money whore - that's just being smart. Unlike Saffold though, my career isn't like his - you really only get a few contracts to make your money...especially his injury riddled ass.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Drives me crazy when people talk about these guys like they are doing something they would not do themselves. What you call a "money whore" is a guy being in a position of power. So be it. Everyone who trades their time for money could be defined as a money whore. A guy who flips burgers (or whatever) is easily replaced....no bargaining power.
Saffold is in the position of power likely for the only time in his career. He has a very valued skill set and is young. I want the Rams to keep him but he would be sort of foolish to not take the money....same goes for any of us.
Supply and demand, plain and simple.

I would like to add that if a team decides not to bid as high for his services it doesn't constitute them being cheap as some will charge if we should lose Saffold.
They spend the cap and allocate it according to what value they want to invest in a position and or player.
It's a business deal for both sides .

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
i'm not sure about you but if I've got job offers for $50k and $100k a year, I'm probably gonna take the $100k..that's not money whore - that's just being smart. Unlike Saffold though, my career isn't like his - you really only get a few contracts to make your money...especially his injury riddled ass.

Whatever....

You guys need to quit quoting me lol. I'm just bitter because he's leaving. Now that I hear we're trying to get Verner, I'm happy. I want Verner more than Saffold, anyway. I'm over it.

Frig Saffold! You all know what I think he is...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Whatever....

You guys need to quit quoting me lol. I'm just bitter because he's leaving. Now that I hear we're trying to get Verner, I'm happy. I want Verner more than Saffold, anyway. I'm over it.

Frig Saffold! You all know what I think he is...
Oh no you MUST be punished for your indiscretion and absence of uniformity of thought ,this will take a full apology in triplicate:seizure:

Miami showed the propensity to overpay when they signed Mike Wallace, I think when they want a player they get him and let the rest of the cap suffer,I wouldn't doubt Fisher turned down more money from them because he thought the long term winning potential and organizational stability was better here.

Last edited: