Dolphins to unveil new logo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hit the link to see the logo. Me; I like the current logo better.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/27/miami-dolphins-new-logo/2025861/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... o/2025861/</a>

First, the Jacksonville Jaguars toss out quarters of classic football memories, all of them nearly made memorable by that triangular cat which adorned their helmets for 18 years.

Then the Minnesota Vikings updated their Norseman. (Though now that we're hooked on History Channel's Vikings, we want another revision in Minnesota.)

Now the Miami Dolphins are officially breaking from decades of tradition, confirming the look of the sleek new mammal that will decorate their headgear.

"We had always had a plan to kind of roll it out over a 30-day period, so we're going to start rolling it out. But the logo is only one part of the announcement. It's a complete re-branding of the team," team president Mike Dee admitted Wednesday after the logo briefly appeared on NFL.com, about a month ahead of its official launch at draft time (sportslogos.net, among other sites, pounced).

Gone is the white helmet with the 'M' for Miami that the Dolphins' logo used to sport. Now he appears to have so much forward momentum — perhaps he's chasing speedy new wideout Mike Wallace — that the helmet appears to have flown off somewhere near Fort Lauderdale.

Meanwhile, the sun in the background — yes, we all thought the old dolphin was jumping through a hoop at SeaWorld at one point or another — now appears ready to go supernova.

Some Dolphins fans might do the same given the logo has only undergone slight stylistic and color tweaks (none since 1997) in the franchise's first 47 years, which includes five Super Bowl appearances and two championships.

But the Dolphins have been in the dumps for decades with just seven playoff wins since their last Super Bowl appearance following the 1984 season and none since 2000.

If ever their was a time to spruce up a revamped roster with a modern look, why not now? None other than Dan Marino issued his approval on Twitter.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
The "update" that is sorely needed in Sun Life Staduim is the nonstop playing of that stupid "When you're thinking Dolphins you're thinking Superbowl" jingle they play after every freakin' first down!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rabid Ram said:
There old logo was lame and the new logo is lamer

Only so much you can do with a dolphin! Lol!

They should probably try to work the Miami angle. Like words "Miami".

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh man... I was hoping for a pic that showed a Ram hooking all their prey or something. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
fins.jpg

Still gay. :neh:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It looks like it washed up on shore and died.

Or a squirt of some Aquafresh toothpaste. Whatevs.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Angry Ram said:
It looks like it washed up on shore and died.

Or a squirt of some Aquafresh toothpaste. Whatevs.
Lmao, im glad im not the only one that sees that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Dude said:
fins.jpg

Still gay. :neh:

I don't know... I'm kind of scared of that mean ole dolphin!

:lmao:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This dolphin's head is pointing up. The old logo it's pointing down.

Maybe it's some phycological mojo they're thinking?

:lmao:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Both the jags and dolphins,changed their logos and both are,now,childish,and lame. Is Tampa next get a change of logo for every Florida team

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
It's kind of funny this got posted. I just started a new job and one of the guys is a huge dolphin fan. We both stand out because I live in NE and everyone else is Pats fans. We actually hit it off and became instant friends. We both have one common interest. We want the pats to lose. :hehe: