Dolphins Thoughts on a Thursday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Phinsfan93 said:
jimitroutboy said:
The only real thoughts I have leading up to this game is that Tannehill is rolling out and throwing on the move the vast majority of the time. Teams often do that to not only escape pressure but to shorten the window a young QB has to read and react to. This isn't one of those rookies that has been playing in 7 on 7 leagues forever and started every game since he was a redshirt freshman. He does play under his college coach and that has to help. Long and Quinn set out wide in their base defense present a great problem for that.

Bush is a problem for Quinn's side. The OLB and the Dend realy have to work in tandem to make the wide 9 work properly. This is where I also think the depth Laurinaitis drops may help. He is in a better position to cut off Bush at an angle if he breaks free then he is if he chases down the line. McIntosh and Quinn have to set an edge and contain him.

The Rams win almost every matchup of their wides versus our corners and their corners versus our wides even without Amendola.

Wake versus Richaradson pretty much tells me that Kendricks isn't going to be featured in the passing game.

Really anxious to see how the play on the road this week.

Tannehill does not roll out and throw the majority of the time, maybe 40%. When he does however he's very accurate. Very poised in the pocket, makes great audibles, and handles pressure pretty well. Your defense may be caught off guard if the OC decides to use rookie Lamar Miller in the passing game. Miller will back up Bush since Daniel Thomas is hurt. Anxious to see how Jonathan Martin plays against Long.

I thought that the knock on Miller was that he struggled in the passing game. He does have fantastic breakaway speed (great compliment to Thomas actually; the two of them should be fixtures for Miami in the future), but I thought that his hands and pass-blocking were a bit suspect. I'm also anxious to see how Long will play against Martin. Martin's a good young tackle, but Long has victimized other young right tackles before (see Davis, Anthony). Will also be excited to see how Langford/Brockers handles Incognito. Both teams have solid defensive lines, so we may not see much of the tight ends in the passing game.

All in all, it should be a very fun game to watch. I'm expecting a Rams win, but it's going to be very close. That was a good first post you had there, Phin93. Always nice to see a respectful opposing fan.

Phinsfan93

UDFA
Memento said:
Phinsfan93 said:
jimitroutboy said:
The only real thoughts I have leading up to this game is that Tannehill is rolling out and throwing on the move the vast majority of the time. Teams often do that to not only escape pressure but to shorten the window a young QB has to read and react to. This isn't one of those rookies that has been playing in 7 on 7 leagues forever and started every game since he was a redshirt freshman. He does play under his college coach and that has to help. Long and Quinn set out wide in their base defense present a great problem for that.

Bush is a problem for Quinn's side. The OLB and the Dend realy have to work in tandem to make the wide 9 work properly. This is where I also think the depth Laurinaitis drops may help. He is in a better position to cut off Bush at an angle if he breaks free then he is if he chases down the line. McIntosh and Quinn have to set an edge and contain him.

The Rams win almost every matchup of their wides versus our corners and their corners versus our wides even without Amendola.

Wake versus Richaradson pretty much tells me that Kendricks isn't going to be featured in the passing game.

Really anxious to see how the play on the road this week.

Tannehill does not roll out and throw the majority of the time, maybe 40%. When he does however he's very accurate. Very poised in the pocket, makes great audibles, and handles pressure pretty well. Your defense may be caught off guard if the OC decides to use rookie Lamar Miller in the passing game. Miller will back up Bush since Daniel Thomas is hurt. Anxious to see how Jonathan Martin plays against Long.

I thought that the knock on Miller was that he struggled in the passing game. He does have fantastic breakaway speed (great compliment to Thomas actually; the two of them should be fixtures for Miami in the future), but I thought that his hands and pass-blocking were a bit suspect. I'm also anxious to see how Long will play against Martin. Martin's a good young tackle, but Long has victimized other young right tackles before (see Davis, Anthony). Will also be excited to see how Langford/Brockers handles Incognito. Both teams have solid defensive lines, so we may not see much of the tight ends in the passing game.

All in all, it should be a very fun game to watch. I'm expecting a Rams win, but it's going to be very close. That was a good first post you had there, Phin93. Always nice to see a respectful opposing fan.
Will agree that both teams have respectable D-Lines but Miami's O-Line is not in the same league with St. Louis'. Miller does struggle in blocking but hasn't been used at receiver yet, which is what the OC said he would like to do with Miller. I was saying if Bush is at RB and Miller in the slot. You might see a lot of TE Charles Clay with Fasano helping Martin vs Long. Of course I'm expecting a Dolphins win but it'll be close like you said.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Selassie I said:
Besides ... I'm gonna be there sitting in row 1 directly behind the Ram bench.

When I'm around "phishys" get very nervous.

Dude! Did you really score 1st row seats? Nice! A friend got us up on the club level but we're nearer the corner than midfield. :huh:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BigRamFan said:
Selassie I said:

Dude! Did you really score 1st row seats? Nice! A friend got us up on the club level but we're nearer the corner than midfield. :huh:
I'll be pretty close to Selassie. It was hard getting tickets any closer when buying only one.
(green circle)

sunlife.jpg

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
X said:
BigRamFan said:
Selassie I said:

I'll be pretty close to Selassie. It was hard getting tickets any closer when buying only one.
(green circle)

sunlife.jpg

Nice seat though! We'll be in sec 247...wrong side of the field and too close to the corner. The best view I'll get will be from the monitors between the seats. :boohoo:

Looking forward to seeing you guys before the game!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
BigRamFan said:
Selassie I said:

(green circle)

sunlife.jpg

Section 115 , row 1, seats 1 and 2. Not the best for watching the game, but I'm taking the wife,,, and I know she will enjoy sitting in the front row far more than anywhere else.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
MAN!!! Do I wish I could be there with you guys.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'll take some pics and post them after the game.

My wife is planning on pealing off her newly acquired Ram gear... down to a bikini top during the game. She's going to attempt to lure some Ram Players over for an autograph or just conversation. LOL. I hope it works.

Many years ago, I took a girlfriend to a Ram pre-season game in Jacksonville against the falcons. I don't even think the Jags existed yet. I was able to get Kevin Greene's autograph by sending her over near the Ram bus after the game. I attempted to get one myself near the gate leading to the bus but got totally ignored,,, my girlfriend however, was given plenty of attention and an autograph of course. :sly: (Brett Favre was a back-up QB for the falcons in that game BTW)

Dolphins12

UDFA
Sup guys back again should be a great game, Bush is looking to be healthy again not on the injury reports so I'm happy. I hope tannehill performs well against your defense and I will be watching how hartline does again your secondary with all the attention he's been getting between leading NFL in receiving yards and being a white receiver (which I see people getting mad and claiming racism on a article on NFL and discussions on other NFL board about a white receiver being good) Although I can understand he might be underrated by some for being white I think the reason why he is doing well is because the past few years he's had to play with 4 below average QBs and was never the number 1 option along with brandon marshall getting all the looks/being force feeded by our bad QBs because of his Elite WR status. Either way you guys already know what it's like to have a good white WR with Amendola :notworthy: really unfortunate injury hope he gets better soon but anyway should be great game good luck. :cheers:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dolphins12 said:
Sup guys back again should be a great game, Bush is looking to be healthy again not on the injury reports so I'm happy. I hope tannehill performs well against your defense and I will be watching how hartline does again your secondary with all the attention he's been getting between leading NFL in receiving yards and being a white receiver (which I see people getting mad and claiming racism on a article on NFL and discussions on other NFL board about a white receiver being good) Although I can understand he might be underrated by some for being white I think the reason why he is doing well is because the past few years he's had to play with 4 below average QBs and was never the number 1 option along with brandon marshall getting all the looks/being force feeded by our bad QBs because of his Elite WR status. Either way you guys already know what it's like to have a good white WR with Amendola :notworthy: really unfortunate injury hope he gets better soon but anyway should be great game good luck. :cheers:

Um... What do I say? Gonna suck ... not ... having... whitey on the field for us? Hey wait just a minute... and here I thought Danny was Italian or Portuguese or something. White you say - eh? Well that changes EVERYTHING. I didn't think about our white hope being out. FUCK!!! We're doomed!