Dolphins Gibson Struggles In OTA’s

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://phinphanatic.com/2013/06/07/dolphins-gibson-struggles-in-otas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://phinphanatic.com/2013/06/07/dolp ... s-in-otas/</a>
Dolphins Gibson Struggles In OTA’s
The Miami Dolphins spent a lot of money this past off-season. Well over 200 million spread out over the next four to five years and while not all of it is guaranteed, 3.75 million is guaranteed to WR Brandon Gibson. So far, Gibson isn’t impressing anyone at the OTA’s.
The Dolphins invested in the WR who has playmaking ability but struggles with consistency. This past OTA, Gibson has been outplayed by Armon Binns who is a journeyman WR who has played three seasons for three different teams. According to some in the local media, Gibson is struggling moving into the slot role. The Dolphins are relying on Gibson to replace the traded Davone Bess who now slots in Cleveland.
There are those that believe Gibson is a safe roster spot due to the almost 4 million dollar guarantee but reality dictates otherwise. Jeff Ireland will allow money to enter the equation but he will not solely base a decision to keep a player on the roster simply because he is expensive. Ireland has pulled the rug out on previous mistakes mostly draft picks. Still it is only OTA’s and Gibson is learning a new system. What happens in training camp will have more to do with Gibson’s future than what happens in an off-season OTA.
:shock:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
bluecoconuts said:
Why would you move him to the slot? That's just stupid.

Same thing I thought at first glance, then I re-read it and Idk if they are cause it just says that's the way Cleveland is using Bess. I'm not the biggest Gibby supporter for his talent, but if that is true, that's a really dumb move.

How was Bess mainly used in Miami last year?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:

Same thing I thought at first glance, then I re-read it and Idk if they are cause it just says that's the way Cleveland is using Bess. I'm not the biggest Gibby supporter for his talent, but if that is true, that's a really dumb move.

In the slot.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Never mind, I just read another article saying they're for sure playing him out of the slot. LOL

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
DR RAM said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:

In the slot.

That's so dumb. What part of his game would make anyone think he would be a good fit in the slot? At all?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Ya.....I mean when you sign a free agent, most of the time it is because you want them to do for you, what they did for their last team. Not to move them to a different position.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5291/brandon-gibson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5291/brandon-gibson</a>

Lol he is not even that effective on the outside, and they put him in a even worse match for him in the slot....smh :rofl:

"Reporters caught Gibson dropping a pass in practice early this week" .. :lmao: Thats just the beginning Miami, I CAUGHT a lot of his DROPS for over 3 and a half years.

Good riddance.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
biggame1190 said:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5291/brandon-gibson

Lol he is not even that effective on the outside, and they put him in a even worse match for him in the slot....smh :rofl:

"Reporters caught Gibson dropping a pass in practice early this week" .. :lmao: Thats just the beginning Miami, I CAUGHT a lot of his DROPS for over 3 and a half years.

Good riddance.

Brandon Gibson dropping passes? No, surely you jest?

:rofl:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Poor Gibby. =(

He's still m'boy though. Always came to work ready to roll.
Just an all around good dude.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's fucking OTA's... he dropped a pass. Time to hit the panic button.

Gibs is gonna have a hard time beating out Wallace and that other fast fucking WR they got. Probably why they're trying him in the slot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
It's fucking OTA's... he dropped a pass. Time to hit the panic button.

Gibs is gonna have a hard time beating out Wallace and that other fast fucking WR they got. Probably why they're trying him in the slot.
Yeah, Hartline and Wallace are probably the SE and FL. Bess has to still be the slot guy.
I'm sure they're just trying him all over the field to see where he fits best.
Plenty of time for Gibby to find his niche down here.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
DR RAM said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:

In the slot.

Yup...Bess has always been a slot guy for Miami I believe.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ram_Fan said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:

In the slot.

Yeah, and he was one of the better ones in the league. I don't understand why the Dolphins let him go just to sign Gibson to that awful deal.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
Ram_Fan said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:

In the slot.

Yeah, and he was one of the better ones in the league. I don't understand why the Dolphins let him go just to sign Gibson to that awful deal.
Holy crap. I didn't even know they cut him loose.
That's how much I tune out Miami Sports Radio. :rofl:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gibby is a good guy and always played hard but Miami are fools for signing him with the plan of playing him in the slot. It makes me question how much time they put into scouting the guy. He's not a slot WR. Not effective at all there. Gibson's three best routes are the intermediate/deep comeback, the out(short, intermediate and deep) and the slant. He does his best work around the sideline. And you'll have to deal with his lack of concentration resulting in drops, penalties and improper routes. That all said, he's a solid enough outside WR...I'd call him average. But he's a terrible fit in the slot. The guy has NEVER worked the middle well nor is he particularly quick or good at picking up YAC.

How does a NFL FO/Coaching Staff screw up that badly? I wish Gibson luck but they're putting him in a terrible situation.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
He's their problem now,I care less how he does

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Selassie I said:
It's freaking OTA's... he dropped a pass. Time to hit the panic button.

This ^.

jrry32 said:
Gibby is a good guy and always played hard but Miami are fools for signing him with the plan of playing him in the slot. It makes me question how much time they put into scouting the guy. He's not a slot WR. Not effective at all there. Gibson's three best routes are the intermediate/deep comeback, the out(short, intermediate and deep) and the slant. He does his best work around the sideline. And you'll have to deal with his lack of concentration resulting in drops, penalties and improper routes. That all said, he's a solid enough outside WR...I'd call him average. But he's a terrible fit in the slot. The guy has NEVER worked the middle well nor is he particularly quick or good at picking up YAC.

How does a NFL FO/Coaching Staff screw up that badly? I wish Gibson luck but they're putting him in a terrible situation.

And this ^.

Talk about setting a guy up to fail. WTF?

I like Gibson. He's a gamer. But I've said all along he's best down the depth chart.