Dolphins fans excited about Shelly Smith...Finnegan, not so much

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Ok...Smith was OK as a backup. Good run blocker, but I never saw anything that made me think "wow, this guys is a diamond in the rough"...but a lot of Dolphins fans seem to think they have a real gem. I don't get it.

jjab360

Legend
Reminds me of John Greco. Greco was a career backup for us but turned into a starter in Cleveland, if I remember correctly. Neither one is anything to write home about, though, and I doubt the Rams were prepared to offer anything near what the Dolphins did.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Honestly, don't know why they'd be excited.

Shelly: average at best. At best the key point.

Finnegan: a shell of himself.

Both aren't very good right now.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I always wanted Greco to start and never knew why he didn't. Spags, you suck so bad dude...

I'm actually more excited about drafting his replacement than if we had signed him. He wasn't much.

They're just excited because they think our team stole all their talent and now they're getting some back. Poor fans of a poorly managed team. Just wish SOMEBODY could sneak up on the Patsties in that division but it'll never happen.

RamBill

Legend

ESPN’s James Walker discusses the Dolphins’ signing of cornerback Cortland Finnegan. Finnegan blamed last years performance on injuries when talking to the Miami media. He wants to get his “edge” back. (3:31)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They think they're getting a gem because he had a good rating on PFF. But he wasn't nearly as good as his rating. Regardless, Miami runs a ZBS. Smith fits better in a ZBS. Might end up being solid for them. But in our PBS? Wasn't going to work. Didn't have enough strength to get push while drive blocking.