Dolphins block Rams from Foerster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think the Dolphins would let the Rams even interview their waterboy. They are still butthurt over the Fisher hiring years ago.

jap

Legend
I don't think the Dolphins would let the Rams even interview their waterboy. They are still butthurt over the Fisher hiring years ago.

They can have The Fisher King now. No reason for them to remain butt-hurt at all.

Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
They should be freaking thanking us for "stealing" Fisher from them, and saving them from what the Rams and their fans have endured over the past 5 years.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't think you could block them from an interview if it was a promotion ?l

Edit ...never mind it can unless it's a hc position

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
giphy.gif

FRO

Legend
It seems like more teams are doing this. I'm not sure why assistant coaches just don't sign one year deals. If they do well they won't be blocked for promotions and if they don't then they would have gotten fired anyways.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It seems like more teams are doing this. I'm not sure why assistant coaches just don't sign one year deals. If they do well they won't be blocked for promotions and if they don't then they would have gotten fired anyways.

Well, most assistants want some sense of security and besides the coordinators or other high profile positions, they usually just sign two year deals. I don't blame some teams in doing this, in the past some coaching staffs would get totally poached and they would just stick a supervisory tag to get an assistant coach to be able to move and then you had a ton of Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting that we're going after Foerster. He ran a ZBS under the Shanahans in Washington. Wonder if McVay wants to run a ZBS?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He did better than Philbin did. Some people like to hold a grudge.
Not sure that's true, Philbin was 24-28 (.462 WP%) and only had 1 losing season in his 3 complete years while Fisher ended up 31-45-1 (.409 WP%) and 5 straight losing seasons
Wouldn't say either did a good job, but Philbin sure had more success. And of course his downfall had more to do with the "bullying" incident

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Interesting that we're going after Foerster. He ran a ZBS under the Shanahans in Washington. Wonder if McVay wants to run a ZBS?

Is he really a ZBS guy or is that just because the Shanahans are?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not sure that's true, Philbin was 24-28 (.462 WP%) and only had 1 losing season in his 3 complete years while Fisher ended up 31-45-1 (.409 WP%) and 5 straight losing seasons
Wouldn't say either did a good job, but Philbin sure had more success. And of course his downfall had more to do with the "bullying" incident

I think Fisher took a worse team and got it further than Philbin would have been able to. Miami was bad but not the dumpster fire Fisher took over. I don't think Fisher would have done any better in Miami though. So they are pretty even I guess.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Part of why I wanted Shanahan was that I think Gurley is a great fit in the ZBS scheme. Being able to flow with the line and then one cut and go really seemed to suit his running style last year. Maybe McVay thought the same. However, I don't think the Oline personnel fits that scheme as much

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Part of why I wanted Shanahan was that I think Gurley is a great fit in the ZBS scheme. Being able to flow with the line and then one cut and go really seemed to suit his running style last year. Maybe McVay thought the same. However, I don't think the Oline personnel fits that scheme as much

I doubt our current OL fits any blocking scheme. :rant: