GAME DAY Dolphins at Jets: 3:00 pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Whenever I see Mike McDaniel, I see the guy who would fail the audition if they made a live-action version of Joe 90.

Psycho_X

Legend
The amount of prime time or featured games that are horrible to watch has been astronomical this season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was Brett Rypien any better?
He is younger and less of a known quantity IMO therefor a better option. Plus you can't really compare the two since Boyle was a replacement for a healthy starter Rypien was subbing for an injured starter. Salah made the intentional decision to start Boyle. McVay had to because of an injury.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He is younger and less of a known quantity IMO therefor a better option. Plus you can't really compare the two since Boyle was a replacement for a healthy starter Rypien was subbing for an injured starter. Salah made the intentional decision to start Boyle. McVay had to because of an injury.
Good points

Memphis Ram

Legend
Boyle has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns both in college and the pros.
But he's buddies with Aaron Rodgers so he got his chance.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Ramsey already has 3 picks since coming back. Is there any doubt that the Rams’ system was holding him back?
He's still in his 20s and DBs can play well into their mid 30s. A slight regression in play is still better than most of the league.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Whenever I see Mike McDaniel, I see the guy who would fail the audition if they made a live-action version of Joe 90.
I like coaches who can relate to players ... but acting like you are one of them in your verbiage does not bring respect or at least the respect you are looking for. When you when it's "all good". But if they keep making early exits in playoffs "that sh!t" is going to get old and the players will say "F*#k that sh!t".

Swearing is not the issue, of course, he can swear and it can be in the common vernacular. But too much? Won't last. A leader has to be elevated. Looked up to. A coach has to be authoritative and being on the player's level (to this degree) is a novelty, media loves it. But it's very risky.

He won't be taking "this sh!t" in five years.

View: https://x.com/DavidFurones_/status/1737327190117642601?s=20

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I like coaches who can relate to players ... but acting like you are one of them in your verbiage does not bring respect or at least the respect you are looking for. When you when it's "all good". But if they keep making early exits in playoffs "that sh!t" is going to get old and the players will say "F*#k that sh!t".

Swearing is not the issue, of course, he can swear and it can be in the common vernacular. But too much? Won't last. A leader has to be elevated. Looked up to. A coach has to be authoritative and being on the player's level (to this degree) is a novelty, media loves it. But it's very risky.

He won't be taking "this sh!t" in five years.

View: https://x.com/DavidFurones_/status/1737327190117642601?s=20

You know, I actually appreciate McDaniel. He talks like I'd talk if I were a coach. Now, I wouldn't be a very good one, but maybe he leads the Dolphins somewhere? Who knows?