Dolamite early contract snags?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Report: Rams & Amendola 'far apart' in talks
Danny Amendola | STL
(February 17, 2013 3:50 PM EST)
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Rams and free agent Danny Amendola are "far apart" in contract negotiations.
Coach Jeff Fisher stated Friday that he wants Amendola re-signed, but this is the 27-year-old's first career crack at unrestricted free agency, and Amendola may want to shop his wares. The Post-Dispatch also considers fellow free agent Brandon Gibson's departure a foregone conclusion, leaving Austin Pettis, Chris Givens, and Brian Quick as the Rams' only receivers with NFL experience.
SOURCE: ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

I kinda cringed at the very last sentence and its nothing personal toward AP,CG or BQ its just that each represent ummm lack of experience. I know thus could be pure fluff as we saw this w/ Sjax 3 years ago. However the way rookies in focus wide receivers are adjusting so fast. Maybe we end up going WR or TE early in the draft and Fisher/Schotty see Pettis taking DA's spot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I love Amendola, but if he walks; okay.

His injury history is not something to ignore. If he wants too much; bye bye.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Lesson

Oh, really?
CGI_Ram said:

The question is, were the last 2 seasons a fluke with the injuries or is it the norm?

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HitStick said:
Hmmm...

Drafting two safeties AND two receivers?

Seems logical to me seeing as how all of this offseason mock draft and free agency on here already has me amped up like a mofo!

However I only seeing us drafting 1 WR unless you count one of the bluechip tight ends as your other WR. :ahight:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lesson said:
CGI_Ram said:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatal 2

The question is, were the last 2 seasons a fluke with the injuries or is it the norm?

That's the million dollar question.

I think it's the norm. His style of play and physical stature.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
What exactly again is the downside to tagging him? I mean, I know he would want more years, but doesn't he get a pretty fat paycheck for a year though? One that doesn't count against the cap right? How is this not the answer? Someone school me.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Soooo Wikipedia says that in 2010 a tagged receiver would cost $9,521,000. Lets say that's like 12 mill now. Is that guaranteed? Regardless 12 mill is too much I guess. I would love if they could negotiate a 1 year 8.5 mill or something.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ehh, there's like reports of "snags" in almost every contract. I won't worry about it until (if) he walks.