Dolamite Doubtful

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[nfl]0ap2000000098607[/nfl]

St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola battled back from a broken collarbone far more quickly than anyone expected this season. But he wasn't back for long before another injury popped up.

Amendola is listed as doubtful on this week's injury report. Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Amendola remains in a walking boot and looks very unlikely to face the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

Amendola's absence points out the lack of depth in the Rams receiver group. It's going to be difficult for quarterback Sam Bradford to get consistent offense going against Arizona with Brandon Gibson and Chris Givens as his top targets. The injury also shows how Amendola will be a tricky contract to negotiate.

The impending free agent is clearly the Rams' best receiver, but he missed 15 games last season and this will be the fourth game he's missed in 2012.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... louis-rams

stan

Rookie
Have to say I don't understand the "Dolamite" reference to Amendola at least if it's made as a reference to toughness since he's been injured so often. Sounds too much like Dolomite a soft rock which can be porous and is ground up for your CaMg supplement. That unfortunately seems to fit. What DA is to me is a rare example of football smarts and heart sadly in an inadequate (thus far) body at the NFL level. At the elemental level he is what you want your team comprised. Something like Amendolium or Amendolagen would make more sense. Excuse the tryptophan withdrawal. :yawn:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I love Amendola and he might be the best slot WR in the league right now but damn he's not going to help us too much if he can't stay on the field. Anybody know how many games he has missed the past three seasons? 60%? I guess it's his style of play, kinda like a running QB in the NFL.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Watching Danny play, I get the impression he never discovered the physical limits of his body. It's commendable that he doesn't put limits on what he can do, but the last 3 injuries (the elbow, the collar bone, the ankle) are signs that he does have limits and should be aware of them.

His playing style could shorten his career, especially if the Rams' passing offense continues to revolve around him.