Does the trade make the Rams a contender?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Goff would, Wentz is a project a year or so away, our team could change radically in the Time it takes Wentz to become NFL ready
train

Shoman01

Rookie
I think the Rams are building for 2019. They will be in the new stadium, they will change the uniforms. Fisher should be gone after this season, that gives the new staff 2 years to get it together. I'm thinking they will be 5-11 to 7-9 at best this year.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
NFL Ready is a myth

Both these guys will have to come in and learn a whole new team , a whole new offense

Although Wentz can actually run the ball , which might help his rookie season..............lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think the Rams are building for 2019. They will be in the new stadium, they will change the uniforms. Fisher should be gone after this season, that gives the new staff 2 years to get it together. I'm thinking they will be 5-11 to 7-9 at best this year.
SherlockCloseDoor.gif

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I hope not , we're already in the 5th year of a 3 year rebuilding process

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Only if they draft Goff. As I said earlier, Fish can't wait on a project. He has to win now. If neither of them is ready to step in, then it's a waste. People have been saying that the Rams are a qb away from being a playoff team. Last year, they were a kicker away. An accurate qb and a money kicker would, imho, would take them deep into the playoffs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if we get it right and pick the best QB, there is a lot to overcome this year with the move..disruption in the personal lives for all of these players and coaches...One freakin game in London (hate this).....and then the whole conversation of when to put in the new guy once Keenum has a losing streak......Too much to overcome....We have to be realistic in thinking of only 10 wins this year....:shades:

Psycho_X

Legend
Honestly I'm not sure how Wentz is a project while Goff is a NFL ready QB? Everything I've watched and seen shows me Wentz running an NFL offense to perfection even if it is against substandard competition and Goff playing pitch and catch in a spread offense. Doesn't mean either is or isn't I just don't understand why Wentz will take years to adjust when he's a straight A student, runs a NFL offense, and is personally in charge of all protections and is allowed to audible in said offense. Sounds ready to roll from day 1.

Honestly I'm not sure how Wentz is a project while Goff is a NFL ready QB? Everything I've watched and seen shows me Wentz running an NFL offense to perfection even if it is against substandard competition and Goff playing pitch and catch in a spread offense. Doesn't mean either is or isn't I just don't understand why Wentz will take years to adjust when he's a straight A student, runs a NFL offense, and is personally in charge of all protections and is allowed to audible in said offense. Sounds ready to roll from day 1.

You hit the nail on the head. Both may turn out to be franchise guys but in no way is Wentz any more a project than Goff. If anything it's the exact opposite.

jjab360

Legend
The facts simply don't fit the narrative.

People try to paint it as Wentz is raw, Goff is pro ready, but that seems based almost entirely off the size of the programs they played in.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
IMHO I would have to say it's a definite yes to be a contender to make the playoffs. Either one of these qbs would be an upgrade for our offense and improve the play at that position. We were 7 - 9 last year and a missed fg from being 8 -8; I realize each season is different, but the offense should be better. In our 9 losses last year we scored 18pts in only one of those games-----so much for holding a team to 17 or less, we still would have lost 8 of those such games. Don't know if either of these guys will be the opening day starter, but at least having an "open" competition should at least put the best guy on the field early on. I don't see our defense taking a huge step backwards; yes we do have some questions there, but I think we will be as good or better. Might be optimistic thinking, but I just don't see why we couldn't win 2 - 3 more games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The "needs a year" thing can be countered by the team around them. Rams have a lot of pieces and I think with either QB they are looking at a playoff season.

IMO the Ravens team with Flacco as a rookie is about what we are looking at, maybe better simply due to Gurley.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The facts simply don't fit the narrative.

People try to paint it as Wentz is raw, Goff is pro ready, but that seems based almost entirely off the size of the programs they played in.
The size of the program is legitimate though.
No matter how good Wentz looks, the level of competition is a big question mark