Does Finnegan Bounce Back Next Year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just a lot of dead money if the answer turns out to be no. It's not like our secondary is deep so he'll have a shot. Surly he'll regroup and be ready.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
I hope he does but it doesn't look good. We need one more solid year from him

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What is the typical recovery time for his injury? How serious of a thing is it?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Finnegan is the biggest disappointment on the team in my opinion. I was so high on him after those 3 INTs early last year, but he is too small, old and takes plays off. Remember that close game earlier this year where it was 3rd down and long, and he gave up that huge crossing route. He so far off the receiver that I thought he was playing zone. JJ, Tru, and Finnegan were supposed to be one of the top trios in the NFL this year, smh :disappoint:

Last edited by a moderator:

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Finnegan is the biggest disappointment on the team in my opinion. I was so high on him after those 3 INTs early last year, but he is too small, old and takes plays off. Remember that close game earlier this year where it was 3rd down and long, and he gave up that huge crossing route. He so far off the receiver that I thought he was playing zone. JJ, Tru, and Finnegan were supposed to be one of the top trio in the NFL this year, smh :disappoint:
It's sad but true :frown:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
. With the extra pick that we get from the browns :heh:. Maybe 23-28 range in the first. Depending on how deep the colts go in the play offs

Now you're smokin' my language... lol

Good stuff!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He will be 30 in February and is do to make WAY too much for his production.

"If the Rams chose to release Finnegan outright, they'd only be on the hook for the remainder of the signing bonus in terms of accelerated cap space, so they'd realize a net savings of $7 million next year so long as any move was made before the roster bonus is due."

Alan

Legend
We won't know if he can bounce back until it's too late. Cut our losses now and move on. As Balckbart mentioned, he's too old to bounce back anyway.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Could we move him to Safety???