Does anyone here really care about Jenkins' personal life?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Re: Does anyone here really care about Jenkins' personal lif

Warner4Prez said:
Personally, I think it's a joke. I think we've probably heard as much about Jenkins' past indiscretions as we've heard about the men who lead our country. Jenkins smoked some weed. Bush and Obama used cocaine. They're fit to run the country, yet this kid isn't fit to play pro football. :roll:
I don't understand why people are so lazy to slap on some rubbers

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

The weed is only bad because it's illegal in most states. I don't give a damn about that. The multiple children isn't as bad as what I thought it would be; from what I've seen, he genuinely cares about all of them. However, he has to realize that he has to be more responsible than he was; he's part of the NFL now, and he has to be a better example. What worries me is the pattern - and that's only because it's extremely difficult to change who you were for a good part of your life.

It's not just kids who have a bad support system who have problems with this. I almost failed at that with a good support system. I have two parents who are there, who care about me, but I nearly failed because I made some really horrible decisions that have made a major impact on who I am today. The only reason I'm not dead or incarcerated is because I listened to a friend's advice and admitted myself into a hospital. If not for her, I wouldn't be posting this.

The too long/didn't read part? I have nothing against Jenkins personally. He probably is a good person. I just know that it's very hard to change who you once were. Not impossible, but it's probably the hardest thing anyone could do.

Just my honest opinion.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Now that he's part of our family... the Ram family... its about unconditional love. So, I am not going to judge him, I am just going to focus on helping him be a 'success' (insert your own definition here).

by the way...who am I to judge?

steferfootball

Starter

Warner4Prez said:
Bush and Obama used cocaine.
Really? I did not know that.

I've decided I do not care what he does. Just be on the football field and entertain me in press conferences.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I just thought of something that I think is worth noting...

Jenkins only has 1 more Baby Mama than Brady. :cheese:

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve

steferfootball said:
Warner4Prez said:
Bush and Obama used cocaine.
Really? I did not know that.

I've decided I do not care what he does. Just be on the football field and entertain me in press conferences.

Jenkins will be a human quote machine, that is for sure and the media will seek him out for it, as much as they can if he feeds them, or if Fisher allows it.

That said, I'm all for giving people second chances. If they were in bad situations as kids, with poor role models, shit is going to happen. Product of their environment. If they make poor choices when they have good, informed opportunities is a different story. Only they will decide whether they want to turn the page on that later in life when they get the ball (ball in life) with a chance to succeed.

There is a lot of untapped talent in the world without the opportunity. Only Jenkins can decide which road to take in the fork with guidance, which it appears he'll now have, hopefully. Let's hope he chooses wisely. Some of these kids don't even get a good road in early life unless they are way more mature than their years, especially with poor role models and guidance depending on where they grew up. No excuses from here on out, basically. Chance to make millions and support his family playing a game he loves and is great at should trump any idiotic thoughts in his head and tendancies.