Does anyone else miss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Brian Shottenheimer? I'll bet if you give him Gurley his offense works. When he had LT the Jets almost made the superbowl with a now backup QB. Maybe he wasn't the problem.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I was thinking about this recently. Schotty was roundly criticised by everyone and we were all pleased to see him leave.

But, his offences were just plain better than this and more entertaining to watch.

In mitigation, he had to deal with crappy o line play too but I'm not sure it was this bad.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking about this recently. Schotty was roundly criticised by everyone and we were all pleased to see him leave.

But, his offences were just plain better than this and more entertaining to watch.

In mitigation, he had to deal with crappy o line play too but I'm not sure it was this bad.

Agreed. I was one of the first to applaud the firing, but hindsight is 20/20. I can actually quote myself saying, "It can't get any worse that Brian Shottenheimer." Boy, was I wrong.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
Agreed. I was one of the first to applaud the firing, but hindsight is 20/20. I can actually quote myself saying, "It can't get any worse that Brian Shottenheimer." Boy, was I wrong.

The desire to see Schotty gone wasn't unreasonable. The fact is that we had a chance to bring in offensive staff that should have improved the situation. Fisher tried to speak to people like Chud and Gase (IIRC) but we were either denied permission or those people weren't interested.

You see other franchises bring in relatively unknown co-ordinators that turn out to be a success but ours has turned into a mess.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Know what I miss ..1st downs .. Remember the Martzs days when it was 3rd and 27 and you were confident we would pick up the first down

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
God no, do you see the horrendous offense Georgia has put together? If the guy can't even hack it in college I doubt he's going to get it much better in the NFL.

Don't take him getting to use better products before Fisher really screwed up the team as evidence that he was better, just fortunate.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
I'd just like to reiterate the point that I don't miss Schotty but I regret blowing the chance we had to make things better.

Know what I miss ..1st downs .. Remember the Martzs days when it was 3rd and 27 and you were confident we would pick up the first down

No I don't :cry:. I started following the Rams and the NFL in general in about 2004/5. Thinking about it, it's actually a miracle that I'm still here after what we've had to endure in that time. :puke:

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I miss actually enjoying watching the Rams, now I just spend my Sundays watching my fantasy player's teams (Allen Robinson is really good btw :))

iced

actually, i don't. i see cignetti's offense from a playclling perspective better and more creative

however the offensive drafting of players, particularly the o-line,has been horrible, and that is going to ham string any OC

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
No, I'm not missing Schotty at all. The guy got his coach fired at U of Georgia. It's not like we had a great offense under him either. I honestly don't believe Schotty would have made a difference with this QB play and this offensive line and lack of WR, not to mention Cook dropping passes left and right

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Schotty would have made a difference with this QB play and this offensive line and lack of WR, not to mention Cook dropping passes left and right
Correct. And neither would Shurmur, McDaniels or Cignetti.
In contrast, all would look brilliant with Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Hakim, Timmerman, Nutten, Pace, and McCollum.

All of them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know what I miss? QBs. We managed to strike gold with Warner and Bulger out of nowhere and even find Ryan Fitzpatrick. Since then, we've had nothing except for Bradford. And Bradford had his issues on top of injuries.(although, in a better situation, I still think he'd have developed into a quality NFL QB)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
75d36f66bc72b6b749887f4b4e23924f.gif

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Oh hell no. The Georgia offense was horrific this year and helped get a head coach fired after 15 years on the job. Schotty would have done no better in this situation. I sure as hell don't miss his "look at how clever I am" play calls, nor his seeming inability to call a play a second time after it worked great the first time. While I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen of Cigs, at least he had some idea how to use Tavon Austin, which in itself is an improvement.

Man we were spoiled back then. There never seemed to be a down and distance situation that was impossible. Nowadays, 3rd and 4 seems like a mountain too high to climb.

Memphis Ram

Legend
BTW, I
Brian Shottenheimer? I'll bet if you give him Gurley his offense works. When he had LT the Jets almost made the superbowl with a now backup QB. Maybe he wasn't the problem.

BTW, I'll argue till the cows come home that Ryan (defense) and the running coordinator/ OL coach were the key coaches in New York.