Do you think Sam Bradford prefers Sammy Watkins or Greg Robinson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
If I was Sam I'd want Matthews.

On multiple plays I saw 72 getting beat badly at. Granted, Barksdale improved over the season, but Saffold was the better guard in spread formation. And I understand that you really don't want Joe playing guard, but he's no world beater at RT either, and with only one year left on his current contract, why wouldn't you want to have the potential to bookend the line with Long and Matthews?

And would anyone cry if he outplayed Jake Long for the starting LT position? I think Long would be much better than Barksdale in any situation at RT if that were the case.

RamEERS

Pastor
Matthews... even Robinson... probably any line than a WR..
he's less likely to get injured with a OL than a WR

V3

Hall of Fame
I wonder if he prefers Minnesota or Missouri? :whistle:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think he'd prefer Watkins.

Why? You can (and they should) get a guard later. Barring extraordinary lucky, you're not going to get a #1 WR later.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll be PC on this one, and just say an offensive lineman.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seriously if healthy our O line is the best Sam has ever played behind, he could put up some really nice numbers playing behind
Long/Jones/Wells/Saffold/Barksdale

Of our receivers we have 2 really nice players in Austin and Bailey, and a really good blocking TE in Harkey.

If I had faith in that starting 5 to stay healthy I'd go Watkins, if I didn't I'd go O line.
Yeah - I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Quick has worked hard and paid some dues. He has played a lot of snaps and been all but that great #1 we wanted/expected. Next comes his targets and he will get a lot of them this season. But he is a very willing blocker and has made a few highlight plays. Next comes some more plays designed for him and he starts to excel. I'm on board with the kid. He's going to scorch some defenses.

Yeah - I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Quick has worked hard and paid some dues. He has played a lot of snaps and been all but that great #1 we wanted/expected. Next comes his targets and he will get a lot of them this season. But he is a very willing blocker and has made a few highlight plays. Next comes some more plays designed for him and he starts to excel. I'm on board with the kid. He's going to scorch some defenses.

I just don't see it, maybe I'm being unfair, but I re-watched a lot of our games, focusing in on Quick, and I came away more disappointed (if that's possible) than my first impressions when watching live. He doesn't run routes well, he doesn't catch the simple balls well, let alone the difficult catches.

We have a chance to move on from him and finally provide Sam with a weapon that he deserves, if we don't take it because of Quick I'll be pissed.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I just don't see it, maybe I'm being unfair, but I re-watched a lot of our games, focusing in on Quick, and I came away more disappointed (if that's possible) than my first impressions when watching live. He doesn't run routes well, he doesn't catch the simple balls well, let alone the difficult catches.

We have a chance to move on from him and finally provide Sam with a weapon that he deserves, if we don't take it because of Quick I'll be pissed.
Agreed, Quick MIGHT step up to his potential and become that #1 guy, but we can't bank on it.

And if we take Watkins and Quick does step up... 2 #1 caliber receivers AND an all purpose weapon in Austin AND steady hands in Bailey and hopefully Cook, AND fixing our line for right now with a guard picked later?

That is in no way, shape or form, a problem... unless you're an opposing defense.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Doesn't matter. Quick, even as much as you might dislike him would have would have more of an impact than Watkins this year.

That's just the way it is with rookie wide receivers.

Even with 12 picks this year, they signed Kenny Britt and TJ Moe. I think that speaks volumes about their willingness to draft a wide receiver.

iced

Doesn't matter. Quick, even as much as you might dislike him would have would have more of an impact than Watkins this year.

Even with 12 picks this year, they signed Kenny Britt and TJ Moe. I think that speaks volumes about their willingness to draft a wide receiver.

I'd say Keenan Allen had a pretty big impact last year...

Keenan Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Terrance Williams
Kenny Stills
Robert Woods
Aaron Dobson
Jordan Reed (TE)
Ace Sanders
Cordarrelle Patterson
Zach Ertz (TE)
Tyler Eifert (TE)
Tavon Austin
Mychal Rivera (TE)
Justin Hunter

The above is a list of rookie receivers who had more receiving yards than Quick, only Ace Sanders had less TDs

$172,263.53 ROD coins say that Watkins, wherever he's drafted is more productive than Quick.

Boffo97

Name
Dave

1. Watkins likely won't have a huge impact this year, sure. (Although as many keep saying, no matter who they want, the draft is about more than one year.) That said, the odds are definitely in favor of his having more of an impact than Quick.

2. Britt's deal is a kicking the tires thing. He can easily be cut in preseason if it turns out he wasn't worth the look. No impact on whether or not they draft Watkins.

3. Moe's a low paid free agent. Again, no impact on Watkins.