Do you think Sam Bradford prefers Sammy Watkins or Greg Robinson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
ASSUMING the Rams pick comes down to those two players (and, it probably doesn't!) who do you think Bradford would choose? The Offensive Lineman that could help give him better pass protection that would give him more time to pass and also give his running backs bigger holes to run which would take a lot of pressure off of him OR the WR who could be that GO-TO-GUY that he might have been missing for the past several seasons?

iced

ASSUMING the Rams pick comes down to those two players (and, it probably doesn't!) who do you think Bradford would choose? The Offensive Lineman that could help give him better pass protection that would give him more time to pass and also give his running backs bigger holes to run which would take a lot of pressure off of him OR the WR who could be that GO-TO-GUY that he might have been missing for the past several seasons?

I think if he wanted Pass Protection and didn't think jake would start, then he'd go for Matthews.

Then again Sam probably knows more about Jake's health than most since he's rehabbing with him lol

Muleman

UDFA
That's a dang good question, if I was in his position I would say Robinson, because Sam is at his best with play action. That only happens with an effective running game. No doubt that Robinson playing either tackle or guard helps that.

…..

Legend
I'll start worrying who Sam Bradford prefers to be drafted just as soon as Les Snead starts kicking 60 yard field goals.

scifiman

Sam had a go to guy in Amendola and had the rb in Jackson. How was our offense then? I remember.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Protection. Doesn't matter how good a receiver is, if Sam doesn't have time to set up he'll never be able to get the ball to him.

SierraRam

Recreational User
We're going OL first - Biggest Need by far is keep Sam on the field...
images

Robert

Rookie
The only way I see sam prefering Watkins is if he knows they will take Lewan/Martin at 13. Best of both worlds to me

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If he is most worried about pass protection, he would choose Matthews. If he was looking for a guy that strengthens our running game and has the potential to be a great pass protector, he would choose Robinson. In no scenario do I see Watkins, as a rookie WR, being the biggest help to a pocket QB (who is fresh off an ACL tear) that will be relying on his OL now more than ever before.

Robert

Rookie
I think people are counting out a lot of our guys on the oline I know long is coming back from injury but were paying him big money to play left tackle. Im sure Snead/Fisher believe in him. Barksdale played a good RT last year for us and we resigned Saffold to play gaurd. Another guy that no one talks about is the guy we drafted last year in the 4th rd by the name Barret Jones. He is 100% healthy and is a lot stronger from the reports I have read. I really believe he can be a good starting center. I think Fisher/Snead feel the same if not they wouldn't have wasted the pick on him. The only way I think you draft a tackle with our first pick is if we trade back with Atlanta and pick up a second rounder. If we are stuck at 2 Idc who you like if its Watkins/clowney/Mack/Evans you draft them and hope Lewan or Martin are there at 13 and pick up another gaurd like Dozier from Furman in the 4th for depth but just my opinion

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Sam wants to be pummeled into the ground some more while he hopes a rookie gets open in Schotty's offense.

Seriously if healthy our O line is the best Sam has ever played behind, he could put up some really nice numbers playing behind
Long/Jones/Wells/Saffold/Barksdale

Of our receivers we have 2 really nice players in Austin and Bailey, and a really good blocking TE in Harkey.

If I had faith in that starting 5 to stay healthy I'd go Watkins, if I didn't I'd go O line.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I believe that Fisher might prefer Jake Matthews over Robinson because of his experience with Bruce Matthews

But knowing what I know about the type of player Boudreau like, I bet he prefers Robinson