Do you think M Kendricks falls to the 2nd?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I know that there are not very many linebackers that fit a 4-3 scheme in this years draft so i'm really hoping the rams can snag Kendricks from Cal with the 33rd pick do you think its a possibility he'll be there after round 1? :crossed:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Barrison6 said:
I know that there are not very many linebackers that fit a 4-3 scheme in this years draft so i'm really hoping the rams can snag Kendricks from Cal with the 33rd pick do you think its a possibility he'll be there after round 1? :crossed:
Absolutely. I think Lavonte David and Zach Brown could go before him, and only one will go in the first round, IMO.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm happy if the Rams can snag one of these guys. I'd take two even.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
Barrison6 said:
Absolutely. I think Lavonte David and Zach Brown could go before him, and only one will go in the first round, IMO.

Yeah I think the only 4-3 LB that will go in the first is Luke Kuechly outta BC. Those guys should be around at 33 and 39.

I get the feeling we we arent going to place a high priority on drafting an OLB early tho. I cant tell you why. I dont think the roster expansion from 80 to 90 helps at all either.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
X said:
Barrison6 said:

Yeah I think the only 4-3 LB that will go in the first is Luke Kuechly outta BC. Those guys should be around at 33 and 39.

I get the feeling we we arent going to place a high priority on drafting an OLB early tho. I cant tell you why. I dont think the roster expansion from 80 to 90 helps at all either.
I thought luke was a 3 - 4 ilb. pretty sure the jets were looking to draft him. I'm on the road though, so I can't verify that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
libertadrocks said:
X said:
Barrison6 said:

I have to disagree. I think this draft is thin at standout OLBs. When David, Brown, and Kendricks are drafted, you are drafting depth players. If you want to get a starting OLB in this draft, you better pull the trigger by the 2nd round. The Rams can gamble at DT and RB and try and grab one in the top of third but WR and OLB are musts in the first two rounds in my opinion.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think Luke can play in any scheme. As for the OP, yes I think Kendricks will be available, especially at the top of the 2nd, but there may be many better players at those spots. Depending on our first pick, DT's, WR's, and RB might yield more value.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
libertadrocks said:
X said:
Barrison6 said:

I have to disagree. I think this draft is thin at standout OLBs. When David, Brown, and Kendricks are drafted, you are drafting depth players. If you want to get a starting OLB in this draft, you better pull the trigger by the 2nd round. The Rams can gamble at DT and RB and try and grab one in the top of third but WR and OLB are musts in the first two rounds in my opinion.

No I agree. I think this draft is very thin at OLB so in order to get a starting caliber OLB we will be forced to use an early pick. I dont see us using an early pick on an OLB because, IMO, WR, DT, RB, and OL will all be prioritized.

The feeling I have is that we will end up bringing in a lot of bodies to compete for the WLB spot and the depth positions.

IMO Kuechly is the only + LB in this draft. Who ever gets him will be happy. Every other LB has flaws. Kendricks is my second favorite but is considered a bit of a workout warrior, along with Brown, despite Kendricks solid production in college. David is a solid prospect.

I like Travis Lewis out of OU. Had he declared last year he was likely to go in the 1st round. During his senior year he battled a toe injury all year. It really hampered is explosiveness. He is a bit small but he is a sideline to sideline LB that can make plays. 3rd or 4th round guy.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
libertadrocks said:
Ramhusker said:
libertadrocks said:
X said:
Barrison6 said:

No I agree. I think this draft is very thin at OLB so in order to get a starting caliber OLB we will be forced to use an early pick. I dont see us using an early pick on an OLB because, IMO, WR, DT, RB, and OL will all be prioritized.

The feeling I have is that we will end up bringing in a lot of bodies to compete for the WLB spot and the depth positions.

IMO Kuechly is the only + LB in this draft. Who ever gets him will be happy. Every other LB has flaws. Kendricks is my second favorite but is considered a bit of a workout warrior, along with Brown, despite Kendricks solid production in college. David is a solid prospect.

I like Travis Lewis out of OU. Had he declared last year he was likely to go in the 1st round. During his senior year he battled a toe injury all year. It really hampered is explosiveness. He is a bit small but he is a sideline to sideline LB that can make plays. 3rd or 4th round guy.

Now I could live with taking Lewis in the 3rd or 4th.