Do you miss Lloyd?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramequin

UDFA
Name
Anthony
Adding Lloyd was a no brainer AFAIC. He knew McDaniels system like the back of his hand and stepped in right away and produced. He ended the season with the best numbers across the board of all our receivers too, which is pretty impressive considering he started late. He also showed how a legit receiver can single-handedly raise the production of an offense.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Is that what happened to him. I figure it was locker room politics, in NE, to some degree. I just remember how he was talking to the young guys about how they should be worrying about their 'next' contract, which probably rubbed some higher ups the wrong way.

Yea some shit, there were these articles I remember reading pretty much bashing him saying that he plays the part as this really nice guy in front of the media but behind closed doors hes the complete opposite. I liked Lloyd on our team though, he came in mid season and became our #1 lol.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Yea some shit, there were these articles I remember reading pretty much bashing him saying that he plays the part as this really nice guy in front of the media but behind closed doors hes the complete opposite. I liked Lloyd on our team though, he came in mid season and became our #1 lol.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't say I miss the guy. He really wasn't around long enough to have that kind of effect. What I DID like about him was that he (in theory) was able to provide some kind of veteran leadership to the other WRs. As much talent as Watkins may have... I don't know if you can look to a rookie, Austin, Bailey and Cook to provide you with the punch you need in today's NFL. IF Cook got his head out of his ass and played with a little more fire and realized his potential than I'd go all in with Watkins. But Cook plays small... and instead of being a Megatron-lite, the guy is sometimes non-existent out there on the field.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I've
Torrey Smith?? Smith came in to the league and displayed very questionable hands and little power. My friend this kid has Holt's hands, Tavon's speed and Boldin's strength. he'll measure between 6' and 6'1" so he doesn't have Megatron's height but he is none the less a freak of football nature, and he'll run in the "4.3's". And he fights his ass off vs tight, press coverage AND he has an amazing catch radius due to his body control and leaping ability.

You tell me:

I;ve heard of SNead that the issue early in the season was the young receivers didn't understand sight adjustments very well. That's one thing that Lloyd did well, but his cost they year before to out of range. But Lloyd knew the McD offense as did Sam. Let's hope you're right, that Watkins is a big talent who can SIGHT ADJUST because they are part of the Shotty offense and Quick, Austin and even Bailey had trouble with the,

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Like in a sexual way, or as just a friend?

Wait, or as a wide receiver? I'm confused.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Talks between Brandon Lloyd and 49ers about comeback
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 10, 2014

350x-167-e1350493187278.jpg
AP

The 49ers continue to look for receiving help, and they’re looking at every possible avenue.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, the 49ers are talking to veteran wideout Brandon Lloyd about a comeback after he was out of the league last year.

The 49ers need someone to add to the mix of Anquan Boldin and Michael Crabtree, and have investigated several options already.

Lloyd, 32, didn’t play last year, despite a solid 2012 season with the Patriots. He caught 74 passes for 911 yards that year, but didn’t latch on last season.

Such a move would bring him full-circle, as he began his career as a fourth-round pick of the 49ers in 2003. He was then traded to the Redskins, and had stints with the Bears, Broncos and Rams before going to New England.

There’s an obvious reason Lloyd has played on so many teams, but the 49ers could provide safe harbor, and a place for a guy who has recently contributed.

iced

I think Bradford and the Rams do.

Shows a lot about the current WR Corps and how much a starting caliber receiver ( not a "#1" ) can make a difference in this offense. Sadly no receiver from 2012 or 2013 in 16 games could match his numbers from 2011's debacle in 11 games (and that's including time as AJ Feeley as the QB)

RamzFanz

Damnit
You mean like this?

He's just OK.

I'M KIDDING!

I suspect we will be picking him. Clowney first than Watkins to Rams. I was swearing up and down they wouldn't take a receiver but with Clowney off the board, they just might.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always wished the rams could have kept lloyd. That being said, I think Stedman is really going to blow up this year

Memphis Ram

Legend
Shows a lot about the current WR Corps and how much a starting caliber receiver ( not a "#1" ) can make a difference in this offense. Sadly no receiver from 2012 or 2013 in 16 games could match his numbers from 2011's debacle in 11 games (and that's including time as AJ Feeley as the QB)

Of course, a part of the reason would be Amendola (who had more receptions the following season in less games) being out injured when Lloyd was with the team. Bradford's lock on Amendola immediately switched to Lloyd.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Seems very odd to me that he'd retire at age 31. I know guys have done it before but it sure seemed like he was pushed out more than he decided to walk away.

Other than his really good year in 2010, what did he ever really do(other than underachieve)?

Memphis Ram

Legend
What's interesting is that Lloyd (who did nothing without McDaniels), must have gotten ripped early in his career just like Givens is today by some Rams fans.